The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. MULTIQUOTES

Post by ponchi101 »

Hello.
A dear member found an extension on the web that allows for multiple quotes from different posts. It works like this:
You will now find that next to your regular menu on every post, at the top right corner, there is a new icon:
quote1.jpg
The new double-bubble is the MULTIQUOTE. Clicking on it will start your quotes, with the post where you initially clicked the bubble being the first quote. This will give you a small box in YOUR lower right corner:
quote2.jpg
All the posts quoted will increase the count. When you finish selecting the posts to quote, click on the QUOTES(#) button and you can start composing your reply:
quote3.jpg
Hope this will be of use, and thanks to Deuce for finding this extension. It makes TAT2.0 better.
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by Deuce »

That Multi-Quote feature works in a very similar way to the feature in the original TAT.
The main difference is that with this one, after you write and post your post with the multiple quotes, you must then close the Multi-Quote small box in the lower right hand corner (close it by simply clicking on the garbage pail).
If you don't close it, it retains the multiple quotes.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

We have updated to PHPBB 3.3.4. No new features have been included as it was meant to make the board run better in PHP 8.0. Please let us know if you see anything performing differently.
Thanks.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

@ponchi, I have a quick suggestion. That block of text on the main page that directs people to forum rules and posting an intro of themselves? Add an additional line that is a shortcut link to the suicide pool portion of the forum and then take it off once each GS is completed. If the words "suicide pool" can be in caps and a different color text to draw additional attention to it, so much the better.
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but I'm assuming we are lacking a parser or some other technical code thing to do the bracket prediction contest for slams?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The parser will simply take the NAME OF THE POSTER, and create a string with whatever that person posts, be it a players name (SP), the list for YCWJ, or bracket prediction.
It outputs a text print out, which you can easily copy paste and manipulate as you wish.
I can't tell if it will be of use to your needs.
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

I don't know? I'm just referring to the contest where the full brackets were posted for the slams and contestants (or victims, depending on your point of view) would try to predict, and receive points for, the entire bracket for each slam. If I remember right, we just had to go through and place a check mark for the player we thought would win a match (and then from QF on, predict the number of games). So it could be that the form would be the hard part?

I'm not complaining. I know we're still getting used to things here. Just wondering if there are any plans for that to come back at some point. But maybe I'm the only one missing it! 😁
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

texasniteowl wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:08 am I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but I'm assuming we are lacking a parser or some other technical code thing to do the bracket prediction contest for slams?
At this moment, as far as I know, we are only using the parser for the suicide draw pools. It is much easier to use a parser when gathering information from a large number of posts where there is only one piece of important information within the post. I doubt that either 3mlm or Togtdyalttai are using the parser for the prediction contest or YCWJ, but I would not know for sure.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I never played the BRACKET PREDICTION, so I never knew how that one worked.
Maybe after we are done with RG we can start looking at a parser for that. Right now, I would not want to toy too much with the site as I have this penchant for destroying it without much effort.
If it was done in TAT1.0, it can technically be done here. If we can find somebody that can run it, because my level of expertise is not yet at that level.
And I know you are not complaining. Actually, thanks for that. It might be a fun project.
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

texasniteowl wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:49 am I don't know? I'm just referring to the contest where the full brackets were posted for the slams and contestants (or victims, depending on your point of view) would try to predict, and receive points for, the entire bracket for each slam. If I remember right, we just had to go through and place a check mark for the player we thought would win a match (and then from QF on, predict the number of games). So it could be that the form would be the hard part?

I'm not complaining. I know we're still getting used to things here. Just wondering if there are any plans for that to come back at some point. But maybe I'm the only one missing it! 😁
The form was written by James7, who used a computer language out current site provider does not support. We have not heard from James7 since January. His last two posts were 1: his family had a birthday party for his 85-year-old grandfather, who afterwards contracted COVID, and 2: his dog had gotten very sick with something that sounded long-term or terminal. I send him a PM asking how he was in February; it is still in my outbox. I don't know if we will hear from him again. :(
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

dave g wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 am The form was written by James7, who used a computer language out current site provider does not support. We have not heard from James7 since January. His last two posts were 1: his family had a birthday party for his 85-year-old grandfather, who afterwards contracted COVID, and 2: his dog had gotten very sick with something that sounded long-term or terminal. I send him a PM asking how he was in February; it is still in my outbox. I don't know if we will hear from him again. :(
Thanks for that information. I was thinking I remembered it was James, but I wasn't 100% sure.

:cry: I haven't had a close family member with COVID thankfully, but I lost my beloved fur baby in December so he definitely has my sympathies.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dave g wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 am The form was written by James7, who used a computer language out current site provider does not support. We have not heard from James7 since January. His last two posts were 1: his family had a birthday party for his 85-year-old grandfather, who afterwards contracted COVID, and 2: his dog had gotten very sick with something that sounded long-term or terminal. I send him a PM asking how he was in February; it is still in my outbox. I don't know if we will hear from him again. :(
Thanks for posting this. I've wondered about how him and his family are doing many times since he last posted.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

When I was last talking to him late last year about predictions he seemed not in the best place. Hopefully all is well with him, but tennis contest were definitely near the bottom of the priority list.
:steven:
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

My mobile problem has now followed to my (computer) browser....every time I load page I'm logged back out now. Sigh :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Let me see if I understand. You are logged in to the site, and when you navigate to a new page, it logs you out?
Or:
You are (for example) at the home page, you hit RELOAD, and it does, but you are logged out?
Or:
You are logged in. You let you computer go to sleep, and when you come back, and re-load, you are logged out?

The last case has happened to me, so I want to know so I can check why this is happening.