The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
the Moz Canada

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by the Moz »

Should I have slept with Steven :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:45 pm :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven: :steven:

Thanks to both of you!
That many times, huh?
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

the Moz wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 pm Should I have slept with Steven :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Had you, you might have gotten an unfair advantage in an obscure British bracket contests on another tennis board that I'm pretty sure no longer exists.
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

mmmm8 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:47 pm
the Moz wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 pm Should I have slept with Steven :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Had you, you might have gotten an unfair advantage in an obscure British bracket contests on another tennis board that I'm pretty sure no longer exists.
:lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

And was well worth it ! Not that I ever did well of course.
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Would someone please explain to this Luddite what the meaning/significance/context of this 'I slept with Steven' is?
And does it refer to a particular 'Steven'? If not, why was that particular name chosen?

God help my curiosity regarding this.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

One of the contests we used to have was called Battle of the Boards (I think.) I think it was basically just a straight forward bracket prediction challenge for each of the slams. The difference was you could have a home “tennis site” (like tat) picked when you signed up. Then as tournament went on one board would face another and one would move on based on its sites predictions. Was pretty fun and had lots of long term stats tracking and rankings etc.

And the guy who ran it was named Steven. He would post in our forum to promote it so someone made up that gif to joke that we were willing to do whatever to win the contest for TAT.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:37 am One of the contests we used to have was called Battle of the Boards (I think.) I think it was basically just a straight forward bracket prediction challenge for each of the slams. The difference was you could have a home “tennis site” (like tat) picked when you signed up. Then as tournament went on one board would face another and one would move on based on its sites predictions. Was pretty fun and had lots of long term stats tracking and rankings etc.

And the guy who ran it was named Steven. He would post in our forum to promote it so someone made up that gif to joke that we were willing to do whatever to win the contest for TAT.
This is how I first found TAT, I used to play that contest under CentreCourtTennis where I frequented at the time, so when that board closed I defected!
Mary, queen of shots
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:37 am One of the contests we used to have was called Battle of the Boards (I think.) I think it was basically just a straight forward bracket prediction challenge for each of the slams. The difference was you could have a home “tennis site” (like tat) picked when you signed up. Then as tournament went on one board would face another and one would move on based on its sites predictions. Was pretty fun and had lots of long term stats tracking and rankings etc.

Thanks for the explanation. Interesting background. Not at all what I was expecting. I thought it was something that everyone who has ever used the internet knew - except me. I had no idea it was an exclusive TAT thing.

Dare I ask if anyone knows where Steven is now?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sleeping?

And not only thanks for the explanation about who was Steven, I always wondered why the contest was called Battle of the Board.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

The contest ended several years ago, so not sure where Steven is now. I believe he lived in the UK but that could be me misremembering too.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

I have another technical question, one that totally exposes my technophobia. When I log in on my phone, I tick the “remember me” box, but when I next open the page-I have been logged out automatically. So I then have to log in and tick the box again that doesn’t work. On other sites I go, my log in info is saved and i am automatically logged in when I open the page so I don’t think it’s my phone settings doing this. Any advice please guys!
Mary, queen of shots
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Here I don't think I can help you, but: are you logging in via TAPATALK, or are you opening the forum straight as a webpage in your phone?
The style we are using (Prosilver) and all of its dependents (and almost all our styles are such) is responsive to mobile and tablet configs. I just went into my phone and opened the site from a mobile browser (duckduckgo) and it looks actually very nice.
I am on Android 7. What phone and OS are you on?

BTW. For those that use TAPATALK or other mobile systems. Give the forum a try as it is, from a browser. It is basically identical to what we see here on-line. Let us know how you like it (or don't) so we can keep tweaking.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:26 pm Here I don't think I can help you, but: are you logging in via TAPATALK, or are you opening the forum straight as a webpage in your phone?
The style we are using (Prosilver) and all of its dependents (and almost all our styles are such) is responsive to mobile and tablet configs. I just went into my phone and opened the site from a mobile browser (duckduckgo) and it looks actually very nice.
I am on Android 7. What phone and OS are you on?

BTW. For those that use TAPATALK or other mobile systems. Give the forum a try as it is, from a browser. It is basically identical to what we see here on-line. Let us know how you like it (or don't) so we can keep tweaking.
I have an IPhone X and have this site on my bookmarks on Google. I think I tried Tapatalk in the past and found it much more cumbersome to navigate than TAT so I deleted it
Mary, queen of shots
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. How to go to FIRST UNREAD POST

Post by ponchi101 »

Dear all.
One thing that we have been missing from TAT1.0 is the ability to go to the FIRST UNREAD POST of any thread you want to navigate to. Our RECENT TOPICS RIBBON does this:
lastpost.jpg
1. If you click the little red icon, it will take you to the VERY LAST POST of that thread. If you have been away for a while, you may have to back-scroll to read everything that has been posted.
2. But you can see that in the TOPICS section it tells you that you have read the last post to the last topic. It shows you a grey link.
3. But if you go to the FORUM ITSELF:
firstunreadpost.jpg
You will see that next to the TOPIC name, you will see little red folders. These links will take you to THE FIRST UNREAD POST (by you) IN THE TOPIC. This way, you can continue to read from the last post you read.

Courtesy of Drop Shot, who noticed this function. I am sure others have too, but just so we all are in the same page. Which we are, because... here you are, reading this same page.
Ok, I'll be gone. Hope this is helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.