2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool WTA Picks and Results

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: 2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool WTA Picks and Results

Post by dave g »

Day 6 Results Summary

Brady 39
Kanepi 2
Kontaviet 15
Mertens 6
Mladenovic 2
Pegula 12
Pliskova 3

Dead 22
Safe 57
udaneri Argentina

Post by udaneri »

Hello, just checking... I selected Brady and I am red !!
Is that right? Can you correct it??
Thanks / Gracias
Wolfie0890 United States of America

Post by Wolfie0890 »

udaneri wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:18 pm Hello, just checking... I selected Brady and I am red !!
Is that right? Can you correct it??
Thanks / Gracias
Likewise here.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Udaneri, Wolfie:
Corrected. You have come back from the dead.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:16 pm Udaneri, Wolfie:
Corrected. You have come back from the dead.
Thanks for pointing it out.
There was nothing in the spreadsheet that would have made you red. I will have to watch the results of the process a little closer, because there is nothing in the process that should have turned you red.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: WTA Picks and Results review. Edith Wharton

Post by ponchi101 »

At Chez Mladenovic, the news was treated as by now a normal event, something that was almost perhaps written previously and that brought little concern to the household. Indeed, the news, when the family thought about it in deeper analysis, was not so bad. Mademoiselle Kristina, Kiki to her acquaintances, had actually lost three rounds later than expected, if one included the fact that she in reality should be playing in the qualifying tournament, regardless of her ranking, and that entrance to any and all tournaments should be, for her, limited to the event of “Fortunate Failure”, as when somebody else had more pressing matters and could not fulfill her tenistic obligations. If seen in the cold light of reality, a trashing by the impolite American Pegula was far more convenient than her recent habit of building what would be unsurmountable leads to even the tragically famous Miss Helen Keller, but which Kiki would then regurgitate in the most repugnant fashion. Still, she had looked wonderful on court, clad in a lovely assemble from the House of Herr Adi Dassler and her swift demise made it for the attire to basically be soil-less. If one where to descend into the odious habit of placing wagers, by now it should be clear that those betting for Miss Mladenovic would only be in far firmer ground than those treading on African quicksand.
The lovely Mrs Karolina Pliskova, recently wed to the handsome Lord Anonymov (one hears nothing about the gentleman), had to face a familiar foe, since her friend and companion Karolina Muchova was her adversary for the afternoon. Pliskova, dressed in an attire of such extreme plainness that one would have to wonder whether somebody’s service dog chose it for her, was in the foulest of moods as she went down after building an extraordinary lead in the second set, perhaps a reversal of roles with Miss Mladenovic (although one does not know if they correspond with each other). Muchova, also dressed in the most extreme inconspicuoity, played the kind of game that brings victory simply because of tediousness from the other player. Still, she survives, as opposed to Pliskova, whom with advanced age becomes a shakier pick with every year that passes.
However, none of this equaled the great consternation with which the news was received at the Estonian Palace. Princess Annet had been badly treated while on a tennis court, and, although wonderfully dressed by the House of Fila, she had also led the encounter only to see her efforts wasted by her sheer incompetence to understand that the point of the matter was to keep the ball within the lines but away from her opponent, not the other way around. She had gone down meekly but that was a trivial matter; her good looks and wonderful charm will ensure her proper betrothal in the most favorable of ways, sooner rather than later. The same, however, will be unlikely for her friend Kaia, who toiled and sweat for almost three hours dressed in garments with no signature and therefore no style or grace. Miss Kanepi labored hard and long, sweating profusely to the point that her rather bulky frame was plainly and profanely visible under her uninspiring clothes and, in the end, like a strong Percheron that pulls itself to the slaughterhouse, snorted to an inglorious death at the hands of a Croatian handmaiden that, ignominiously, even looked better than her.
It was, all in all, a day of tranquil tragedy and the people of Melbourne City continued their stoic routine, the unspoken understanding that feces do take place still holding a firm grasp on the collective psyche of the classless and mundane populace. For the patricians, a glass of cherry would be the sole consolation by the end of the evening.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Day 7 Pick Summary

Start 56
No Pick 1

Halep 7
Hsieh 6
Sabalenka 4
Swiatek 4
Vondrousova 32

Williams 2

Dead 40
Safe 15

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

:ax

It looks like time to start the Updated WTA Picks and Results thread
kknudsen Canada

Post by kknudsen »

I really debated my pick and knew I’d be going against the bandwagon if I picked Hsieh. But with her doubles ranking, I couldn’t bet against her. I’m so glad I didn’t!
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

Hsieh was always going to beat Vondrousova. She's had a lot more big wins in slams than Vondrousova even though Vondrousova reached the RG final two years ago.
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

Hsieh was always going to beat Vondrousova. She's had a lot more big wins in slams than Vondrousova even though Vondrousova reached the RG final two years ago.
PeterSkan Canada

Post by PeterSkan »

dave g wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:18 am :ax

It looks like time to start the Updated WTA Picks and Results thread
lol bandwagon bloodbath - just what you were waiting for ...
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

And the other two matches have picks on both sides...so...more to come!
kknudsen Canada

Post by kknudsen »

jazzyg wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:51 am Hsieh was always going to beat Vondrousova. She's had a lot more big wins in slams than Vondrousova even though Vondrousova reached the RG final two years ago.
I think at least 32 other people disagree with you ... but luckily for me you’re right! I got taken out in the Struff bloodbath, so nice to have survived this one!
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

I mean, I wouldn't pick Vondrousova to spell her last name correctly. Condolences and all, I guess. But, enough already. Could someone please post the Day 8 women's picks, so I can keep my focus on being a winner? The stench of the Vondrousova picker losers is beginning to nauseate me. :gorgeous:
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous: