Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
skatingfan Canada

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm Anyone know what this means?

My first thought was the March 11 attacks on the trains in Madrid in 2004, but why would Djokovic me marking that on his shoes at a tournament in Monaco.

So my second thought is this:

Angel Number 311, or 311 Numerology, represents growth, change, and transformation. 311 is the number of development in every area of your life, including but not limited to relationships, work and career, health, spirituality, personal finances, happiness, creativity, and freedom of expression.

https://subconsciousservant.com/angel-n ... expression.

And since it's Djokovic I'm guessing it's the second one.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Posted by VyRa | esq. on well known ATP Fan Site

Today's post 2R match press conference:
(original quotes, transcripted by myself from audio to text)

Question: "How comfortable are you when your father gave interviews ? Are you proud of him in those occasions or sometimes you think: "Okay daddy, stop talking please" like we [journalist] used to do with our parents ?"

Djokovic: "Hahaha, Well, look you know I love my father. My father is the greatest support that I had, especially in the early days but you know, obviously I can't affect what he says you know. It is what it is you know. Everyone thinks with their own head. I have to accept it and respect it. My father is a very passionate man. He protects me, he loves me. And I know that he does it with the purest and best intentions for me but obviously you know we all maybe say or do things that maybe some other people get offended by that or something like that and I understand that. So I mean, look ah I still stand by my father and whatever he is doing you know we are family , so of course I am gonna stay on his side and protect him but I can't always agree with everything he says."
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Isn't the baby due soon?
Last edited by meganfernandez on Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by meganfernandez »

It's a band. He must love "All Mixed Up."

Actually, it's his record # of weeks at #1
ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm Anyone know what this means?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It is actually "one more week at #1 than Roger", because he is by now above 311. 311 was reached on March 8th.
But as Megan says.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm ...

Question: "How comfortable are you when your father gave interviews ? Are you proud of him in those occasions or sometimes you think: "Okay daddy, stop talking please" like we [journalist] used to do with our parents ?"

Djokovic: "Hahaha, Well, look you know I love my father. And he hates Roger. My father is the greatest support that I had, especially in the early days but you know, obviously I can't affect what he says you know. And he hates RogerIt is what it is you know. And he hates Roger Everyone thinks with their own head. And he hates Roger I have to accept it and respect it. And he hates Roger My father is a very passionate man And he hates Roger. He protects me, he loves me. And he hates Roger And I know that he does it with the purest and best intentions for me but obviously you know we all maybe say or do things that maybe some other people get offended by that or something like that and I understand that. And he hates Roger So I mean, look ah I still stand by my father and whatever he is doing you know we are family , so of course I am gonna stay on his side and protect him but I can't always agree with everything he says. And he hates Roger"
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:45 pm
ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm ...

Djokovic: "Hahaha, Well, look you know I love my father. And he hates Roger. My father is the greatest support that I had, especially in the early days but you know, obviously I can't affect what he says you know. And he hates RogerIt is what it is you know. And he hates Roger Everyone thinks with their own head. And he hates Roger I have to accept it and respect it. And he hates Roger My father is a very passionate man And he hates Roger. He protects me, he loves me. And he hates Roger And I know that he does it with the purest and best intentions for me but obviously you know we all maybe say or do things that maybe some other people get offended by that or something like that and I understand that. And he hates Roger So I mean, look ah I still stand by my father and whatever he is doing you know we are family , so of course I am gonna stay on his side and protect him but I can't always agree with everything he says. And he hates Roger"
Well done.

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:41 pm It is actually "one more week at #1 than Roger", because he is by now above 311. 311 was reached on March 8th.
But as Megan says.
For me, it's a bit of a weird flex. He's already at a more impressive 315 or 316. It's not like getting the Grand Slams etched. It's increasing every week. I'd get it more if he was given a new pair every week with the new number,

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:45 pm Question: "How comfortable are you when your father gave interviews ? Are you proud of him in those occasions or sometimes you think: "Okay daddy, stop talking please" like we [journalist] used to do with our parents ?"

Novak:

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:09 pm
ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Isn't the baby due soon?
She had the baby on March 11. Reportedly, he hasn't seen the child.
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

Must be the soft heart that's keeping him away.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Post by meganfernandez »

the Moz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 pm Must be the soft heart that's keeping him away.
haha. It could be the mom or his lawyers. That's sad, though. Did he even acknowledge it online? Did any tennis media?
Last edited by meganfernandez on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:35 pm
the Moz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:33 pm Must be the soft heart that's keeping him away.
It could be the mom or his lawyers. That's sad, though. Did he even acknowledge it online? Did any tennis media?
Acknowledged by him? Definitely, but think most of it has been taken down. It's not amicable, looking like a custody or visitation fight is not out of the question. There are definitely lawyers involved here.
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:35 pm
It could be the mom or his lawyers. That's sad, though. Did he even acknowledge it online? Did any tennis media?
With the social medial landscape before us, you'd expect something out there.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: