TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm A two handed forehand? So, she is going full Seles as opposed to Mom and Auntie? ;)
I noticed this, too, but it's probably for stability. If she were left-handed, her left hand would be below her right hand, right?

Also, that form is already pretty good, isn't it? The balance, the preparation, the eye contact with the ball? Looks like she loves it, too.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I was joking. For a 3 year-old, the form is excellent. And she is keeping her eyes on the ball, which is one thing that, if you are born with it, will save you years and years of training.
24 Slams?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:33 pm I was joking. For a 3 year-old, the form is excellent. And she is keeping her eyes on the ball, which is one thing that, if you are born with it, will save you years and years of training.
24 Slams?
Oh, I didn't think you were being critical at all. :) And my bold prediction is that Olympia will get the all-time Slam record that Serena won't. OR that Serena will retire without it, come back, and have to play Olympia when they are both going for 24 or 25.

It is not completely crazy to think Olympia could play Coco Gauff in 15 years.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

So, so many questions. So, so confused. That is 100% from the last 24 hours, the flight to Melbourne.

Angie, Sorana and who knows who else were on the flight too. Posted to Sveta's Insta Stories.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Magazine covers for Garbine in the new year

Post by JazzNU »

Not many photos being posted to pages from travelling to Melbourne, but several posting to their IG Stories, some photos and some videos.

Matteo, Gael, Borna, and Stefanos are all on the same flight.

Sveta's mishap let us know that she, Angie, Sorana, and for reasons unknown, Dayana, were all on the same flight.

Karolina Pliskova, Donna, Ajla, and Karolina Muchova were on a different flight.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

No, Garbie, no. You are not the same when you go serious.
And, BTW. Time to drop the "Pressure is a privilege" thing. We all know it, we all know it comes from BJK. Unless you make it clear that you are quoting HER, it now sounds like copyright infringement.
Which, BJK should do. Copyright that phrase. One of the great sport axioms.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by meganfernandez »

speaking of pressure, Mike Tyson has something clueless to say:
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 8.26.22 AM.png
That's Patrick Mourotoglou. Has anyone else noticed that Mike Tyson seems to be a favorite celebrity fan in the tennis media? He has been on Tennis Channel, now here, and saw him in some other tennis media recently? I don't think he should be shunned by society, but do we have to elevate him to one of our go-to voices? Isn't there someone else?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by meganfernandez on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:07 am
^ One with no mask, and the other with mask under her nose.
In the enclosed interior space of an airplane.
And even posted publicly with no shame.

It's no mystery why the virus continues to spread. The virus is problematic. But people are an even greater problem than is the virus.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by meganfernandez »

Deuce wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 pm
ti-amie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:07 am
^ One with no mask, and the other with mask under her nose.
In the enclosed interior space of an airplane.
And even posted publicly with no shame.

It's no mystery why the virus continues to spread. The virus is problematic. But people are an even greater problem than is the virus.
For me, it's getting to the point where I blame some people for catching it. My first thought about Murray wasn't "hope he's okay" but "wtf did you do to catch it?" He has all the means to take every precaution.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 pm For me, it's getting to the point where I blame some people for catching it. My first thought about Murray wasn't "hope he's okay" but "wtf did you do to catch it?" He has all the means to take every precaution.
^ Yes, I completely agree. That was exactly my first thought with Murray, Keys, and the others, as well.
While it is possible to contract the virus through some fluke, or a relatively innocent few seconds of inattention, it is mostly contracted though irresponsible behaviour.

And there is absolutely no excuse for irresponsible behaviour at this point. NO-ONE can claim ignorance. NO-ONE. We ALL know what to do and what NOT to do - we've ALL been told over and over and over unceasingly for the past 10 months.
And so, irresponsible behaviour is SOLELY the result of stupidity and selfishness. While it is mostly younger people who are afflicted with these defects, it is not only younger people.
Some - like the 'rich and famous' (which applies to some tennis players) have also been conditioned to believe that common rules simply don't apply to them, because they are somehow 'better' than common folk.

It's mind boggling why this continues to be permitted.
If I'm in charge of the Aussie Open, I would remove Kuznetsova and Yastremska from the draw immediately, based on that photo - period. No question, no appeal - just gone.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower