TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by ponchi101 »

Deuce wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 am I can guarantee that this sort of thing is not common with pro players. There may be some who can pull it off, but it is by no means a general reflection of how good the pros are, or of what they are capable of doing.
Not a general reflection, but more proof (as if it was needed) of what incredible athletes we have in tennis.
I remember one year, I think it was 1983, in that Wimbledon played a PEOPLE'S SUNDAY. Connors was to play Rostagno and, as he was warming up in Centre Court, he took two racquets (his T-2000's) and started hitting forehands with both hands, simultaneously. One left handed FH, one right handed FH. They were almost identical. Of course, his two-handed BH was a disguised FH, but him being able to take the dominant hand off and still hit a solid shot was impressive.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Deuce wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:12 am I can guarantee that this sort of thing is not common with pro players. There may be some who can pull it off, but it is by no means a general reflection of how good the pros are, or of what they are capable of doing.
Not a general reflection, but more proof (as if it was needed) of what incredible athletes we have in tennis.
I remember one year, I think it was 1983, in that Wimbledon played a PEOPLE'S SUNDAY. Connors was to play Rostagno and, as he was warming up in Centre Court, he took two racquets (his T-2000's) and started hitting forehands with both hands, simultaneously. One left handed FH, one right handed FH. They were almost identical. Of course, his two-handed BH was a disguised FH, but him being able to take the dominant hand off and still hit a solid shot was impressive.
The act of just hitting a tennis ball into any area of the court on the other side of the net with a T2000 is a remarkable feat in itself - regardless of which hand, or number of hands, is used!
There are rumours that a large percentage of discarded T2000s went on to have a second life as trampolines...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I saw a site that had her name as Svitolina, but it showed a photo of Gael :lol: .
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
@tsonga7
Avec mes deux petits gars!!! #bonheurabsolu #family Family
Translated from French by Google
With my two little guys !!!#bonheurabsolu#familyFamily

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

RBA is competing at the tournament in Kitzbuhel, Austria this week and was out enjoying the area. Someone in the comments remarked that it looks like an Old Spice ad and that feels incredibly accurate. But seriously, it's a beautiful area.

Post by JazzNU »

And also a nice photo of RBA with his wife and son

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

In proper mountain clothes too.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Medvedev got a bit angry when asked about the Russian "suspension" from the Olympics:
Daniil Medvedev furious with reporter who asked about Russia's doping: 'You should be embarrassed'

My understanding is that two of the main people in the Sochi scandal are dead, the third is under USA Witness Protection Program (in the USA). No wonder he would get angry.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Apparently these two have "issues"?

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 pm Apparently these two have "issues"?

Think Casper was having some fun with Nick and even though Nick was doing was something semi-official for the ATP, he lashed out. And the ATP responded to Casper's question with the Homer disappearing gif, there was no reason for it to escalate, could've just been ignored.

From Nick's end. He hates clay obviously, has been complaining about clay court tournaments after clay court season (where Casper has been doing great), and he has basically been mad at Casper since he was defaulted in Rome because that's who he was playing when it happened. Juvenile ish.
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm Medvedev got a bit angry when asked about the Russian "suspension" from the Olympics:
Daniil Medvedev furious with reporter who asked about Russia's doping: 'You should be embarrassed'

My understanding is that two of the main people in the Sochi scandal are dead, the third is under USA Witness Protection Program (in the USA). No wonder he would get angry.
Russian athletes collectively should not have been allowed at Tokyo2020. The question was baiting, but the essence of it is legit and should be asked. DM should be embarrassed Russia is banned (but not really) and he should be embarrassed for participating at Tokyo2020 on a team called ROC.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

And now, ladies and gentlemen... the Genie Bouchard news you've all been so impatiently waiting for...

First, sad confirmation of the rumour...
Genie Bouchard to Join Tennis Channel

And, even better...
Genie Bouchard Has a Song Named After Her - and She Loves it

I strongly advise you all against clicking the 'play' button for the song.
You have been warned.
R.I.P. Amal...

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Telling us not to click on it is just click bait that's going to make us do it you realize :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I clicked on it. I believe I just broke some sort of world record for fastest CLICK PLAY and CLICK CLOSE WINDOW time.
The horror, the horror.