Covid-19 Updates & Info

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Covid-19 Updates & Info

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:43 pm Thanks again dry. When I got my second shot Tuesday the person checking me in said to keep the card in a safe place because they're going to become very important.
Some people are getting their cards laminated. I opted not to do that because of the likelihood we'll need a 3rd or booster shot and I want access to the card to add that next shot. So I got clear vaccine card holders, you slip the card in and there's a closure, but you can still pull it out later on if you need to.

If you go this route, just be aware that CDC cards come in at least two sizes. The petite size will fit into any of the advertised 4x3 holders you can find (Etsy and Amazon have loads of them), but the bigger size, it's a much tighter fit. You might be able to fit it with a little maneuvering (basically slightly bending the top to slip it in, it fits cleanly, but it's a seriously tight fit that way). The only other option I've found thus far s 2 inches larger, so unnecessarily bigger for carrying around all the time, and that is a clear passport holder (go with 4x6).

I didn't touch my vaccine card for the month in between appointments, just stayed in my wallet the entire time. And it definitely was looking less than pristine come the second vaccine appointment. You definitely need something to keep it safe.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I am scanning that baby, printing it in high quality paper, laminate the scan and keep the original in a zip lock, in my safe.
Of course, if I ever get vaccinated, that is.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I should also add - laminate, holder, etc - that should be in addition to a photo. Keep a photo, front and back, on your phone for easy access. Especially important if you lose it apparently and also especially important if your vaccine provider doesn't provide an electronic record of your vaccine.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Why don't they simply implant a microchip in every vaccinated person's earlobe?
That wouldn't get stolen... and no-one would lose it (unless they become a disturbed and obsessed artist).
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Oh, that would certainly not bother the Q-Anon people, and the billions of other paranoids, one bit :D
(And I am a paranoid, so I should know ;) )
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

A microchip would be The Mark of the Beast. :roll:
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Heard from my Indian friends that Modi's government has basically said any vaccination is now up to States and they can manufacture or import whatever they want. He's not going to do anything. This will go great...
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

A friend's brother, an engineer living in Bangalore, is saying that everything has been closed down except stores of a company connected to government. Difficult life now, nowhere to go except for food and only working online...
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:05 pm
ti-amie wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:43 pm Thanks again dry. When I got my second shot Tuesday the person checking me in said to keep the card in a safe place because they're going to become very important.
Some people are getting their cards laminated. I opted not to do that because of the likelihood we'll need a 3rd or booster shot and I want access to the card to add that next shot. So I got clear vaccine card holders, you slip the card in and there's a closure, but you can still pull it out later on if you need to.

If you go this route, just be aware that CDC cards come in at least two sizes. The petite size will fit into any of the advertised 4x3 holders you can find (Etsy and Amazon have loads of them), but the bigger size, it's a much tighter fit. You might be able to fit it with a little maneuvering (basically slightly bending the top to slip it in, it fits cleanly, but it's a seriously tight fit that way). The only other option I've found thus far s 2 inches larger, so unnecessarily bigger for carrying around all the time, and that is a clear passport holder (go with 4x6).
Finally, all those variously-sized tennis media credentials with holders I've kept for bragging rights will come in handy.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mmmm8 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:47 pm ...

Finally, all those variously-sized tennis media credentials with holders I've kept for bragging rights will come in handy.
[/quote]

If I go to GA I will send you a self-stamped envelope for you to send me one (if you have so many).
Actually, not a bad idea. Carry it like a badge.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm not going to post that gif. I'm not.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

^ The fact that they sold $1 million worth of this stuff does not speak well for the capacity of human intelligence.

Then again... it seems that their claim of it being a cure for COVID-19, cancer, autism, etc. may very well be correct, technically.
Ingestion of enough of this stuff will kill you - which effectively eliminates the COVID-19, cancer, autism, etc. within you.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

A bit of an extreme solution, but you are right.
Also, give them a Darwin award. It would be well deserved.
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

Deuce wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:09 pm ^ The fact that they sold $1 million worth of this stuff does not speak well for the capacity of human intelligence.

Then again... it seems that their claim of it being a cure for COVID-19, cancer, autism, etc. may very well be correct, technically.
Ingestion of enough of this stuff will kill you - which effectively eliminates the COVID-19, cancer, autism, etc. within you.
My thoughts exactly!
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I'd like to see data from few extra days but seems like vaccines are starting to show a major effect in US. It also makes sense, same happened in Israel once they reached 40-50% with at least one dose + all those who have had it recently.