National, Regional and Local News

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: National, Regional and Local News

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Low Quality Facts
@lowqualityfacts@mstdn.social
Things I learned this morning:

-The bridge is woke.
-The ship that crashed into the bridge is woke.
-It was a Russian or Chinese cyber attack.
-But it was also a false flag.
-Yesterday's legal experts are now structural engineers.
-It will take somewhere between one day and ten years to build a new bridge.

I think the last point being made might be close to the truth. Baltimore is a major port city and supply chains will be affected.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Geraldo Rivera
@GeraldoRivera

When the Key Bridge collapsed at 1:27am Tuesday morning, an overnight road crew filling potholes on the bridge died with it.
-The crew consisted of 6 apparently Undocumented Hispanic Immigrants, aka Illegal Aliens, from Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.
-They drowned in the cold, murky water of Baltimore Harbor.
-There was no outrage from conservative media about them stealing jobs from citizens; because, as they often do, the migrants were doing a dirty, dangerous job no citizen wanted.
An estimated 1/3 of our nation's construction workers are undocumented immigrants.
-According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2022 316 foreign-born, mostly undocumented Hispanic construction workers perished on the job.
-Say their names. Maynor, Miguel, Dorlian, José, Alejandro.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I was in Colorado during the pandemic.
Everybody was locked in (of course). Across from my place, three guys kept working bringing up a house. I could hear their music; it was Mexican all the time. I called them (jokingly) Juancho, Sancho and Pancho.
One day, coming back from the supermarket on a SATURDAY afternoon, they were still working. It was about 4. One of them was out and waved a HI. I did the same, and asked him in Spanish how they were doing. He was surprised and we struck a conversation. I joked that I heard their music all day long and asked him why they were working on a Saturday. He said: Why not? They had the contract and the sooner they would finish, the sooner they could get another.
They were illegal.

Try running the US economy without illegal aliens. Good luck.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 am Geraldo Rivera
@GeraldoRivera

When the Key Bridge collapsed at 1:27am Tuesday morning, an overnight road crew filling potholes on the bridge died with it.
-The crew consisted of 6 apparently Undocumented Hispanic Immigrants, aka Illegal Aliens, from Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.
-They drowned in the cold, murky water of Baltimore Harbor.
-There was no outrage from conservative media about them stealing jobs from citizens; because, as they often do, the migrants were doing a dirty, dangerous job no citizen wanted.
An estimated 1/3 of our nation's construction workers are undocumented immigrants.
-According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2022 316 foreign-born, mostly undocumented Hispanic construction workers perished on the job.
-Say their names. Maynor, Miguel, Dorlian, José, Alejandro.
I am surprised that Geraldo is the course of this comment. My hat off.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 pm I was in Colorado during the pandemic.
Everybody was locked in (of course). Across from my place, three guys kept working bringing up a house. I could hear their music; it was Mexican all the time. I called them (jokingly) Juancho, Sancho and Pancho.
One day, coming back from the supermarket on a SATURDAY afternoon, they were still working. It was about 4. One of them was out and waved a HI. I did the same, and asked him in Spanish how they were doing. He was surprised and we struck a conversation. I joked that I heard their music all day long and asked him why they were working on a Saturday. He said: Why not? They had the contract and the sooner they would finish, the sooner they could get another.
They were illegal.

Try running the US economy without illegal aliens. Good luck.
The US economy would collapse - they don't really want to get rid of undocumented immigrants they just want to them go back to being invisible like they were for decades.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

‘Vaccine lettuce’ bill, aiming to classify food containing a vaccine as a drug, passes in Tennessee
“I’ve been reading about it talking about putting it in and lettuce and mass medicate everybody, like they do with fluoride in the water.”

By Caleb Wethington
Published: Mar. 29, 2024 at 5:42 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) - A bill aiming to classify food containing a vaccine or vaccine material as a drug has passed and is moving to Gov. Bill Lee’s desk.

The bill, HB1894, was discussed in the Tennessee Senate on Thursday before a vote to send it to Lee’s desk.

“As introduced, defines food that contains a vaccine or vaccine material as a drug for purposes of the Tennessee Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act,” the bill reads.

Sen. Joey Hensley, R-Hohenwald, spoke during the session about the bill, which he’s sponsoring.

“House Bill 1894 merely would require any food that contains a vaccine or vaccine material would have to be classified as a drug and labeled as such,” he said.

Questioning the bill, Sen. Heidi Campbell, D-Nashville, asked if Hensley knew of any instances where food containing vaccines was offered in Tennessee.

“So does the sponsor know of any instances of there being food offered in the state of Tennessee that contains vaccines and some kind of a retail or public forum?” Campbell asked.

“No, I do not know any specific examples. But certainly they are developing this process. And actually, Congress has actually dealt with this as well and passed an amendment that said no fund could be used for transgenic edible vaccines. This is a process that is being developed. But this bill merely would say that if that happens in the future, that food would have to be classified as a drug if it had a vaccine in it,” Hensley replied.

“So while I feel like this legislation’s basically anodyne, I mean, I guess it’s addressing something that I can’t imagine whatever exists, which is the idea that we would somehow be putting vaccines into foods that you would buy in a grocery store. I mean, I can’t think of any logical reason why anyone would ever do that. And I do know that, you know, certainly, there have been experiments with putting vaccines in vegetables for the purposes of, of studying possible transmission methods. But the idea that this would somehow correlate to some kind of a retail offering of vegetables, especially when that vegetable would cost, you know, many thousands of dollars, just seems to me, I guess, messy, to be passing legislation for that reason. So I will be voting no,” Campbell added.

To continue the discussion, Sen. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains, spoke in favor of the bill with an anecdote about lettuce.

“Actually I’ve been reading about data for a couple of years now and evidently with this new technology, they can raise this lettuce is what they’re talking about first. They can raise this stuff so cheap, and I’ve been reading about it talking about putting it in and lettuce and mass medicate everybody, like they do with fluoride in the water. I mean, who could control the dose? If you’re if you eat a lot of lettuce, you’re gonna get a lot of mRNA if you don’t eat any won’t get any. And they’re actually talking about other vegetables that they’re trying to put this in. And my question is, would this have to be sold at a drugstore? Would you still buy it in a grocery store? Why don’t we just outlaw this stuff completely? We don’t have any idea what its gonna do to our children? I mean, to us and old people anything? I mean, is this stuff locked out of a science fiction movie? I mean, it’s, it’s ridiculous. It’s changes your DNA, mRNA changes your DNA when if you have your DNA tested now, and you eat a bunch of this, lettuce take a bunch of these MRNA vaccines, and you go back and get your DNA tested again, it’s gonna be a little different. It’s not going to be the same as it was that you were born with that you got from your parents. This is dangerous stuff. We need to study it probably need to outlaw it. I mean, I can’t imagine. When I first read about this, I thought this can not be true. But you keep reading about it. And it is true,” Niceley said.

Shortly after the discussion, it was voted on and passed in the Senate.

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/29/vaccine ... tennessee/

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Fluoride is a mineral, not a drug.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 pm Fluoride is a mineral, not a drug.
Try explaining that to a MAGAt.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

NYC and environs at 10:23a this morning. There's nothing like being shaken awake by a 4.8 magnitude earthquake.

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Columbia’s President to Testify in Closely Watched Antisemitism Hearing
Nemat Shafik, Columbia University’s president, will address the congressional committee that questioned the presidents of Harvard, M.I.T. and the University of Pennsylvania last year.
Nemat Shafik, the president of Columbia University, will face a group of House Republicans on Wednesday who have accused the school of allowing a pervasive pattern of antisemitic assaults, harassment and vandalism on campus since the Oct. 7 Hamas attack in Israel.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/17/nyre ... aring.html

There's something dishonest about all this to me. The anti-muslim attacks on students all seem to be justified or deflected while the anti-semitism is presented as a breath away from Hitler's Germany. Not choosing a side in the conflict, just an observation.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The point of view of the Palestinians, and the policies of Israel regarding the Palestinian population, are seldom discussed openly.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Emily Ngo
@emilyngo
!! A person just self-immolated outside Manhattan court, where Trump trial underway. Police slow to respond in part because of barricades around park

There was video but it has been taken down for obvious reasons.

Jim Sciutto
@jimsciutto
Latest from NYPD at courthouse:

-Burned man is alive, in critical condition at Cornell burn unit
- Identified as Maxwell Azarillo (sp?), arrived from St Augustine FL this week
- Distributed pamphlets with conspiracy theories about Ponzi schemes, and educational institutions as front for the mob
- four law enforcement officers with minor injuries

Sigh

https://x.com/ViralNewsNYC/status/1781390785897717769
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The looney brigade:
"Our life is a lie".
Except for them, the chosen ones, that are the ones that REALLY know the truth. The ones that can see behind the lies "they" tell us (I always ask who are these "they").

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The man who set himself on fire outside the courthouse where Trump is on trial dies of his injuries

Updated 10:34 AM EDT, April 20, 2024

NEW YORK (AP) — The man who doused himself in an accelerant and set himself on fire outside the courthouse where former President Donald Trump is on trial has died, police said.

The New York City Police Department told The Associated Press early Saturday that the man was declared dead by staff at an area hospital.

The man was in Collect Pond Park around 1:30 p.m. Friday when he took out pamphlets espousing conspiracy theories, tossed them around, then doused himself in an accelerant and set himself on fire, officials and witnesses said.

A large number of police officers were nearby when it happened. Some officers and bystanders rushed to the aid of the man, who was hospitalized in critical condition at the time.

The man, who police said recently traveled from Florida to New York, had not breached any security checkpoints to access the park.

The park outside the courthouse has been a gathering spot for protesters, journalists and gawkers throughout Trump’s trial, which began with jury selection Monday.

Through Friday, the streets and sidewalks in the area around the courthouse were generally wide open and crowds have been small and largely orderly.

Authorities said they were also reviewing the security protocols, including whether to restrict access to the park. The side street where Trump enters and leaves the building is off limits.

“We may have to shut this area down,” New York City Police Department Deputy Commissioner Kaz Daughtry said at a news conference outside the courthouse Friday, adding that officials would discuss the security plan soon.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial- ... da84c5623e