World News Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
dryrunguy

Re: World News Random, Random

Post by dryrunguy »

It just occurred to me... I know a lot of people are being evacuated. But WHERE are they going? According to one source I found, people "are being taken to U.S. installations in Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Spain, Italy, and Germany where U.S. officials will complete their screening and security checks."

Is that what you all are reading as well? Sounds plausible, but I was not familiar with the source and do not know if it is reputable.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:07 pm

WSJ paywall.
Nauseating. Stomach-turning. Gross. Vile.

:(

Kevin
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:21 pm It just occurred to me... I know a lot of people are being evacuated. But WHERE are they going? According to one source I found, people "are being taken to U.S. installations in Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Spain, Italy, and Germany where U.S. officials will complete their screening and security checks."

Is that what you all are reading as well? Sounds plausible, but I was not familiar with the source and do not know if it is reputable.
Yes, if you check the account @Ti posted that tracks flights, you'll see almost all of those as the landing destinations. Georgia (Tbilisi) and Tajikistan are additional locations I've seen.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

And this is going on right now as well. Not good, not good at all.

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Irony, alas, is long gone. This is another piece that some editor, somewhere, should've said "just a minute here..."
Kissinger given a platform after what he did in South East Asia? Kissinger who can't leave the US because of an outstanding warrant for his arrest in relation to war crimes?

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:38 am Irony, alas, is long gone. This is another piece that some editor, somewhere, should've said "just a minute here..."
Kissinger given a platform after what he did in South East Asia? Kissinger who can't leave the US because of an outstanding warrant for his arrest in relation to war crimes?

Bourdain's full quote:

Anthony Bourdain > Quotes > Quotable Quote
Anthony Bourdain
“ Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.”

― Anthony Bourdain, A Cook's Tour: Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The only thing I have issues with is believing that Tiny could plan anything this far in advance. Surely, somebody else in his team could have, but there is no way he could have even understood the concept of "in two years, AFTER YOU ARE GONE..."
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jared, Miller and whoever else would've brought the plan to Tiny who then would've asked "what's in it for me?" Embarrassing President Biden would've been fine in his "mind". I have a feeling there are other ticking time bombs the former guy and his minions left.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Did you know that Taliban are stooges of USA? According to Islamic state in Afghanistan they are. Mullah Bradley project.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The former guy made a deal with the Taliban so I guess to the hard core they're sell outs?
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Yes, but also those two groups have always been at war. Taliban want to have their emirate, but also want peace with neighbours. For ISIS being at peace with a country like Iran is treason.