The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ptmcmahon »

Suliso wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:55 pm I guess the surprising part (to me) is that there are women who find something attractive in them.
Power/fame/station in life is attractive to many...and for different reasons.
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ptmcmahon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:37 pm
Suliso wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:55 pm I guess the surprising part (to me) is that there are women who find something attractive in them.
Power/fame/station in life is attractive to many...and for different reasons.
I think the money aids in the 'attraction', as well...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

Diana finally gets the name drop. She would be proud of both her boys and the lives they are living :thumbsup:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

William's life was determined once he was born. Harry became free to live his life after William and Catherine had their children. I think both are coping as best they can and that there is more than enough reason for her to be proud of her sons.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It's always a triumph for humanity when principles override money...

Roger Waters Refuses a Huge Amount of Money from Facebook...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

Deuce wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:18 am It's always a triumph for humanity when principles override money...

Roger Waters Refuses a Huge Amount of Money from Facebook...

Here here :thumbsup:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Pretty dumb, from FB. It is not as if Waters' positions on issues like these are not well known.
I have been always at a bit of odds with Waters. Agree in some of his positions, disagree with some, but PF is the soundtrack of my youth. Instructions for my funeral include playing "Wish you were here" (full album).
But here, I agree with him. How this man got to be so powerful is indeed an interesting phenomena of the 21st century. Maybe Aldous Huxley could explain.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I'll believe it when I see it. Assuming she's planning on staying married that would mean Martina would be agreeing to cameras in her home and putting her business out in the street, so I just don't see it happening. At best I could see her being a friend of, which would be a way to leave Martina and their home life out of the mix. Also, I can't see Martina pretending to care whatever shady man drama Larsa is surely getting herself involved in.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

A First Lady for All of Us: On the Road with Dr. Jill Biden
BY JONATHAN VAN METER

PHOTOGRAPHY BY ANNIE LEIBOVITZ

STYLED BY TONNE GOODMAN

June 29, 2021

Dr. Biden with her grandchildren, Naomi, Finnegan, Hunter, Maisy, and Natalie, in Delaware. Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, Vogue, 2019.

Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, 2017

https://www.vogue.com/article/first-lad ... en-profile

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Trump Loyalists Invite Britney Spears To Testify As Conservatorship Battle Escalates

By Summer Concepcion
|
July 1, 2021 7:03 p.m.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and three of his Republican colleagues invited pop icon Britney Spears to testify before Congress amid her ongoing conservatorship battle that the GOP has embraced as one of its numerous culture wars.

In a letter dated Wednesday, Gaetz wrote to Spears that he and other Republican lawmakers acknowledge that she has been “mistreated by America’s legal system.”

“We want to help,” Gaetz wrote. “The United States Congress should hear your story and be inspired to bipartisan action. What happened to you should never happen to any other American. If you will speak to Congress, we are ready to listen.”

Gaetz said that he and Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Burgess Owens (R-UT) and Andy Biggs (R-AZ) share “deep concern” with Spears’ conservatorship battle and said that the pop star’s testimony “can blow that door wide open, giving hope to millions.”

“Your life, liberty, and happiness have been taken from you,” Gaetz wrote. “Please take advantage of the empowerment that public congressional testimony can unlock.”

Spears’ involuntary conservatorship was enacted 13 years ago and initially began as a temporary order when the Grammy-winning singer was hospitalized for mental health issues in 2008. Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, was granted the authority by courts to manage the celebrity’s daily and financial affairs ever since then.

The legal battle over Spears’ conservatorship rose to prominence when the New York Times released a documentary earlier this year examining Spears’ tumultuous court battle for the control of her estate. The documentary followed Spears’ fan-led movement known as “Free Britney.”

Last week, Spears described her conservatorship as “abusive” to a Los Angeles Superior Court judge. Spears said she feels restricted from living “a full life” due to the conservatorship, claiming that it banned her from getting married, removing her IUD contraception so that she could have another child, and forced her to receive psychiatric evaluations and take psychiatric medicine against her will.

On Tuesday, Judge Brenda Penny denied Spears’ request to end her father’s role in her conservatorship.

However, due to the revelations in Spears’ public testimony, private wealth management firm Bessemer Trust said in a court filing on Thursday that it requests to be removed in its role in managing her estate. Bessemer Trust was added as a co-conservator with Spears’ father last fall.

Earlier this year, Gaetz and Jim Jordan (R-OH) sent a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chair Jerry Nadler (D-NY) calling for a hearing on conservatorships, referencing the pop superstar’s involuntary conservatorship.

Democrats have also cited Spears’ case in demanding more accountability in the conservatorship system. On Thursday, Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Bob Casey (D-PA) asked Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra and Attorney General Merrick Garland to provide more data and information on the conservatorship system. Warren and Casey said that Spears’ conservatorship battle highlights “longstanding concerns from advocates who have underscored the potential for financial and civil rights abuses of individuals” under conservatorships or guardianships.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gaet ... rvatorship

They are trying to use her as a distraction.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Gaetz acting like he's just a regular unencumbered Congressman is maddening.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »