For those 4 months of the year
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I agree. I don't mind the Bucs, and I think that one more year together, in a sport that is so choreographed, can only help.
Then again, who knows if this is a winning recipe.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

I don't think the Bucs win the Super Bowl again this year, just because there's a lot of randomness in the NFL compared to other professional sports leagues. Having playoff matches be only one game as opposed to a series plays a large part. A greater injury rate does as well. But if they're healthy and make it deep in the playoffs again, they'll be tough to beat.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

In general I would say most sports (at least in North America) seem pretty random in the last couple of decades... NHL for example has only had one repeat champion this century, Yankeees were last repeat World Series champs in 2000. NBA seems to be the exception, and with the smallest rosters that would make sense... although there has been a lot of movement of superstar players (especially Lebron) so even that is becoming more fluid.

As a Brady hater and Pack fan I'd cheering for them to go 0-16. :)
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

AND the focus on Draft Day just shifted big time! The makings of an epic (expletive) and I'm here for it since that is not remotely my team.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Have been bracing for it since end of NFC Championship, but until something actually happens...hoping they do something tonight to "throw him a bone."

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm Have been bracing for it since end of NFC Championship, but until something actually happens...hoping they do something tonight to "throw him a bone."
I thought it was going to happen with all the beautiful mystery stuff and then it died down to nothing and I thought I guess he won't make a move until next season when the contract terms were more advantageous.

But if he's making it known publicly that he's trying to not play another snap with them essentially things are much worse than previously reported, and I wonder if there's a bone to be thrown that will appease him other than a trade for the #3 pick and whatever else they want.

The GM couldn't have handled this worse over the last few weeks, so it's not surprising we are here on that front.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I will say I was planning just to record this and start later tonight, but may have to make sure I watch it live tonight, just in case.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So someone asked this question on the bird app.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Schefter just said:

1) The President, General Manager, and Head Coach have all taken separate trips out to California to visit with him to try to mend the rift. Hasn't worked.

2) He turned down the extension offer

3) And now he's letting it be known more publicly he has no plans to go back.

What is the fix? I don't know if there is one.

Post by JazzNU »

You'll hear the 49ers and the Rams contacting and I'm sure a few others. But keep it in the back of your mind. And they have a great appreciation for one another, like sky high.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:23 pm So someone asked this question on the bird app.

Cleveland says yes. I wouldn't be so certain about that no from Arizona. Cincinnati says no unless there are concerns coming back from scans (people have Justin Herbert amnesia - Joe Burrow was winning that ROY ahead of Herbert before his injury). Ravens and Jags say no too.

On the Packers end - they aren't calling 31 teams. Doubtful they want some of these starting QBs who aren't the equivalent of a first rounder.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

To be honest I haven't been following this that closely but wasn't there noise about Russell Wilson wanting out of Seattle or something?

I agree with the "no's" that guy posted.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Yeah that's why I wouldn't put Seattle on that list.

I think there are many other teams that may not give up a first round pick + their starter for a 37 year old quarterback, especially some that would likely be at the very top of the draft. For example, if what I hear about how much Jacksonville like Lawrence is true, I'm guessing they wouldn't do trade....they'll probably still have an early pick next year.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:24 pm Schefter just said:

1) The President, General Manager, and Head Coach have all taken separate trips out to California to visit with him to try to mend the rift. Hasn't worked.

2) He turned down the extension offer

3) And now he's letting it be known more publicly he has no plans to go back.

What is the fix? I don't know if there is one.
Sounds like he wants an extension, but team is trying to restructure deal instead? So maybe an extension might be "fix"? Time to see how long term committed we are to Love I guess.