Tennis Sponsorship: University Research Project

Our main board to talk about our sport
georgeweston Wales

Tennis Sponsorship: University Research Project

Post by georgeweston »

Hi Everyone,

I am a final year university student studying Sport Business Management and would be extremely grateful if you took the time to complete this survey for my dissertation research project surrounding sport sponsorships, particularly focusing on tennis with Kia’s sponsorship of The Australian Open.

After being a huge tennis fan and playing the sport throughout my childhood, I have decided to align my research with my interests and it would mean a lot to me if you kindly participated in the short survey.

The link is below:
https://bcu.questionpro.eu/t/AB3u08kZB3vqyK

Thankyou SO much in advance!

Best Wishes
George Weston
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Sponsorship: University Research Project

Post by ponchi101 »

Hello George.
The rules for our community state that you CANNOT post links in your first five posts at the forum. This is because links are a favorite way for hackers to gain access to people's info.
However, there are always exceptions. I have checked your link and it is legit; you are indeed what you claim you are (or are extremely clever at designing phishing sites). Therefore, I will allow the link to remain.

MEMBERS. The link is SAFE. It is indeed a research project.

Hope you will stick around for more than this research, George. Welcome.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
georgeweston Wales

Post by georgeweston »

Hi,

Apologies I was not aware of this! I really appreciate you allowing this link to remain, it will help my studies greatly. The survey is completely anonymous so there is no way of getting any personal information etc. If you or anyone has any questions please feel free to get in touch with my university email address: George.weston2@mail.bcu.ac.uk

Yes of course, as someone who has returned to the sport after not playing since I was a tennager, I am looking forward to sticking around in this forum!

Thanks Again :)
George
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

Honestly- I did this research "survey"- and it appears to me to be a complete waste of time. A small group of questions, with "Australian Open" included, related to views on Kia Motors. Which I don't care about.

What does this have to do with any kind of tennis/sports ''studies"??? At least it was very quick....

Happy to be proven wrong. But, I'd recommend not letting these kinds of "surveys" in from strangers, or anything else. And, I'm amazed that I'm still naive enough to have "participated" in this. I don't feel comfortable at all now that I did this thing. I don't know enough about scammers to know if this could create any problems for me. And, I don't ever intend to make this kind of mistake again. (AND, I don't necessarily mean to slam this "George Weston" person either, since, obviously, I have no idea about who he is.)
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Agree with you in that these sort of studies may be for something else.
However, I looked at the questionnaire and found it innocuous. So, this time, I let it be.
If Mr. Weston wants to investigate some specific hypothesis he wants to test, I gather he must have his reasons.
I will remain vigilant on future postings like this.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
georgeweston Wales

Post by georgeweston »

Hi Nelsus,

Thankyou for your response. To provide a bit of clarity on this, Kia motors have been a sponsor of The Australian Open since 2002 and will continue to be until at least 2028. They also have a partnership with Rafael Nadal so are pretty heavily involved in the sport, hence the connection and questions surrounding them in the survey,.

The aim of my research is to analyse how successful Kia's investment into tennis is and whether the consumers (tennis fans) have any positive feelings towards the brand as a result of involving themselves with the sport. Basically I want to provide insight into the commercial power and opportunities tennis holds which is closely linked to my Sport Business course and personal interests. One of the reasons I wanted to post it onto this forum is because I wanted to capture plenty of true tennis fans to get an accurate representation of this (my local tennis club will not be a sufficient number of participants).

Nevertheless, I appreciate you completing the survey as any responses are extremely valuable for my dissertation. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact me on George.weston2@mail.bcu.ac.uk

Thanks all :)