The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

Justine Triet, winner of the Oscar for best original screenplay, for “Anatomy of a Fall,” in Louis Vuitton.Credit...Jutharat Pinyodoonyachet for The New York Times

UGH. No

Martin Scorsese, nominated for best director for “Killers of the Flower Moon,” in Armani.Credit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

Well tailored looks good at any age

Regina King, one of the ceremony’s presenters, in Versace.Credit...Jutharat Pinyodoonyachet for The New York Times

Another woman wearing Versace well

William Belleau of “Killers of the Flower Moon,” which was nominated for best picture.Credit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

Christopher Nolan, winner of the Oscar for best director, for “Oppenheimer,” and his wife, the producer Emma Thomas (in Rodarte).Credit...Jutharat Pinyodoonyachet for The New York Times
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jeffrey Wright, nominated for best actor for “American Fiction,” in Armani.Credit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

The cuffs! If not for that he'd be one of the best dressed men

Jodie Foster, nominated for best supporting actress for “Nyad,” in Loewe.Credit...Jutharat Pinyodoonyachet for The New York Times

Other than putting on a nice gown did she even try?

Leah Lewis of “Elemental,” which was nominated for best animated feature.Credit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

I've seen this from another angle and it's a really pretty ethereal gown. This angle doesn't do it justice.

Ava DuVernay in Louis Vuitton.Credit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

Belt buckles for straps? Miss me.

David OyelowoCredit...Nina Westervelt for The New York Times

I have no idea what's going on here.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Portraits from the Vanity Fair after party are interesting studies. My fave is the best director winner and his wife.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Zendaya is promoting her new tennis related movie "Challengers" and showed up at the London premier dressed and styled by Law Roach. I'm not a big Thom Browne fan but I think this is such an interesting take on a tennis kit. Will someone try and adjust it for real match play?

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pm Zendaya is promoting her new tennis related movie "Challengers" and showed up at the London premier dressed and styled by Law Roach. I'm not a big Thom Browne fan but I think this is such an interesting take on a tennis kit. Will someone try and adjust it for real match play?
I feel like the the most adventurous stylish players like Serena, and Muguruza have left the sport at the moment, and I'm not sure who really fills that role at the moment. Maybe Gauff in a few years - if she wore the skirt at Wimbledon, and then removed it prior to playing it could be something.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm
ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pm Zendaya is promoting her new tennis related movie "Challengers" and showed up at the London premier dressed and styled by Law Roach. I'm not a big Thom Browne fan but I think this is such an interesting take on a tennis kit. Will someone try and adjust it for real match play?
I feel like the the most adventurous stylish players like Serena, and Muguruza have left the sport at the moment, and I'm not sure who really fills that role at the moment. Maybe Gauff in a few years - if she wore the skirt at Wimbledon, and then removed it prior to playing it could be something.
That is a great style idea about the skirt.

You're right about the players and style right now. The kits are mostly bland and boring.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Here's a retrospective on Serena's on court looks. Puma kits were really well designed.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

skatingfan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm
Mugu? I always felt she dressed so conservatively.
Tells you how much I know about fashion.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Zendaya doing a homage to Venus Williams and Serena Williams during (at the end of?) her press tour for her tennis related movie Challengers. Great work by her and her stylist Law Roach.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »