With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

The vast majority of Venezuelans, mostly in FL, voted for him (those that have acquired citizenship, of course). I have had several conversations with some friends and they all say the same: Biden is a communist that will side with Maduro, while Tiny was going to be get Maduro out of the country (Venezuela). Asking for evidence on both claims, and pointing out that Tiny had been president for over 3 years (at the time these conversations took place) and yet Maduro was still in power, I was usually reminded of my condition as an a****le.
So, if he has plans for future political activity, pandering to the gullible Venezuelan crowd in the great state of Cubazuela, may be a start.
Plus what you said about some rich Venezuelan exile* offering some "monetary advice". And if he thinks that he can swindle a Venezuelan operative, man, is he ready for a surprise.
Off Topic
*who is really not an exile but just a Maduro operative that likes to live in a proper place
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

In a few hours the transition will be complete.
One thing that I really wish upon all of the people of America is that for the next 4 years, you will not hear the name of the president 24 hours a day. I hope that in a few weeks, if somebody says "Did you see what Joe did?" you will think of cousin Joe, or your friend Joe, or will even get to the point in which you will ask "Which Joe?"
I know that this new forum was started during a time in which there was almost no tennis to talk about, which is what we should be doing. Yet, it is telling that our most visited topic is this one; it is almost 50% of the size of the forum. And I really would love for this to change. If this thread becomes one that gets pruned, I would actually not mind it at all.
It is the same thing that happened in my country. When Chavez took over, there was no other conversation. 22 years later, it is the sole thing Venezuelans talk about. And I hope that pretty soon, you guys will be talking about baseball. The NBA. Where you will be going on vacation, the great little restaurant you found last night.
I hope Joe and Kamala will be as un-intrusive in your lives as reasonably possible.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:26 pm
ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm
Thanks for posting this. I'm in Indiana and I logged into my Kroger account. It's real. Also Amazon - verified that, too. Will stop patronizing both if it's not changed in 48 hours.
I tagged Kroger on Twitter asking them to remove this and they said they did. It's gone as an option... for now. Who knows, it might come back when things settle down. I'm going to keep checking. Thanks for the head's up! I also tweeted to Amazon with the same message and hope I can convince my husband to ditch our Prime membership and never use Amazon again if they don't remove it.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 pm In a few hours the transition will be complete.
One thing that I really wish upon all of the people of America is that for the next 4 years, you will not hear the name of the president 24 hours a day. I hope that in a few weeks, if somebody says "Did you see what Joe did?" you will think of cousin Joe, or your friend Joe, or will even get to the point in which you will ask "Which Joe?"
I know that this new forum was started during a time in which there was almost no tennis to talk about, which is what we should be doing. Yet, it is telling that our most visited topic is this one; it is almost 50% of the size of the forum. And I really would love for this to change. If this thread becomes one that gets pruned, I would actually not mind it at all.
It is the same thing that happened in my country. When Chavez took over, there was no other conversation. 22 years later, it is the sole thing Venezuelans talk about. And I hope that pretty soon, you guys will be talking about baseball. The NBA. Where you will be going on vacation, the great little restaurant you found last night.
I hope Joe and Kamala will be as un-intrusive in your lives as reasonably possible.
I really hate that we (Americans) talk about Trump nonstop, even those who hate him. He sucks all the oxygen out of the room. That's actually his gift and his power, and it's his favorite thing. I follow politics but I'm pretty sick of it. It's a gross game. Governance, I love. Politics is nauseating. I will follow Biden's administration.
GlennHarman

Post by GlennHarman »

I know I may be wrong, but I think that was a Fake Melania by Trump's side this morning getting on Air Force One to go to Florida.

Whoever it was, good riddance to you and that miserable excuse for a man you call your husband!!!!!

At least one of our national nightmares is over. GH
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It was the reason why she was wearing the extra large sunglasses on a cloudy day. Or maybe this was Melanie.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Nope. If she was being even remotely affectionate to Tiny it was a Fake Melania. There are several.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

Sorry, but this is one I don’t buy. She looks like Melania to me.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

MJ2004 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:55 pm Sorry, but this is one I don’t buy. She looks like Melania to me.
I replied in The Reset thread. Based on that reaction of the woman in Florida it may have been the real Melania.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is another podcast that runs about an hour but is worth listening to in order to understand the rationale behind how they're treating Tiny.

https://slate.com/podcasts/amicus/2021/ ... post-trump

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I dunno. This still looks like one of the Fake Melania's unless real Melania has lost a lot of weight.

And I won't even talk about that...whatever it is she's wearing.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

They are putting the squeeze on Lady G big time. He was huddled with his gas mask for hours with other Senators on January 6th and went on the floor that night and said "I'm out." Since then, he's been the bootlicking sycophant he's been for 3+ years. What happened? He was scared and being real on the 6th realizing what the heck almost happened with the attempted coup and that's not really what he signed up for. And since then, once he became reachable, he's gotten relentless threats of blackmail and it's gotten him to heel.

He's such an embarrassment. He needs to resign since he has no backbone whatsoever to stand up to all this blackmail.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Tiny remined him, during their golf match, of the skin he has on him. That usually makes people come back to their senses.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Has anyone been following the election results in New York's 22nd Congressional District? It's been a total mess. Oneida County failed to register more than 2000 voters who showed up at the polls and were denied the right to vote. There have been prolonged court battles between the Democratic incumbent, Anthony Brindisi, and the Republican challenger, Claudia Tenney. Tenney currently leads by 29 votes, but a judge ruled just today that over 1000 ballots more must be counted. I think there's a real chance that no one occupies this seat for months yet.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/ny-22 ... ional-race