Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by JazzNU »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dmforever

Post by dmforever »

I won't say if I drive drunk or not. Too much is being made about that.

Moron. (and this is from a former huge huge fan and not a hater)

Kevin

p.s. We will all know once the AO entry list comes out, if not before that, so practically it's such a stupid place to take a stand. Sigh. :( :(
Last edited by dmforever on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 pm I am trying to keep a "balance" (and I am not implying that you guys are not, just saying how hard it is to do so).
The STATISTICAL balance is: the disease has killed around 5 million people in almost two years. It WILL NOT destroy mankind, it will not wipe us out. We need to start moving and the sole way of doing that is well known to us: vaccination, masks (for a couple of extra years), boosters, not terribly large gatherings. But we need to get back to work and get the economy going (says the biased guy that spends half his morning looking for work).
But:
The EMOTIONAL balance is so hard. My mom has recovered, but my sister had a patient whose Grandfather died yesterday. This thing is still out there, and we simply got lucky that my 82 yo mom has made it. It was simply that: luck. She was a woman in good health, and that was the luck, but she has made it clear she is not going out anywhere until she gets that second dose (it will be her first foray out, she insists).
So, I am still trying to gauge how I feel about what to do.
But, the final but: Aryna, Kyrie, and every single person that refuses this vaccine? If something happens to them, I will not feel the slightest sorrow.
I'm really glad to hear that your mom is OK. That's great news.
I feel the same lack of empathy for non vaxxers. However, the galling part is that they can give it to someone and not ever know it. :( :( :(

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

dmforever wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:11 pm I won't say if I drive drunk or not. Too much is being made about that.

Moron. (and this is from a former huge huge fan and not a hater)
I had been trying to find a parallel example to gauge the proper level of irresponsibility. Thanks for that.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

I don't know how to insert this as a gif.

https://tenor.com/view/dont-speak-gwen- ... f-19182327

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:19 am I don't know how to insert this as a gif.

https://tenor.com/view/dont-speak-gwen- ... f-19182327

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:19 am I don't know how to insert this as a gif.
For future reference, if you use Giphy, the share link will likely prepopulate on it's own, and in the rare cases it does not, adding an image tag will work to share the gif. For Tenor, the share link doesn't work the same, so instead, right click on the gif on the Tenor site, and either open the image link in another tab and grab that or copy the image link from the right click drop down menu if available, and then add the image tags on here and it'll appear correctly.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Thanks. Because I also did not know how to insert a GIF.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:16 am
For future reference, if you use Giphy, the share link will likely prepopulate on it's own, and in the rare cases it does not, adding an image tag will work to share the gif. For Tenor, the share link doesn't work the same, so instead, right click on the gif on the Tenor site, and either open the image link in another tab and grab that or copy the image link from the right click drop down menu if available, and then add the image tags on here and it'll appear correctly.
So, basically, I need a master's degree in physics... :shock: Thank you!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

For those with a simple BS in computer science:
download GIF to your machine.
Drag and drop into the POST frame.
Look below and click PLACE INLINE.

It should also do it.

Post by JazzNU »

You definitely do not need to ever download a gif unless it's something you want to keep or think you'll have trouble finding it in the future or something along those lines.

Post in the technical forum thread if you need help, it's pretty simple. And you guys are killing me.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I just saw this posted on another site.

24 Sep
Tennis veteran Chardy suspends season after reaction to Covid jab

Veteran French tennis player Jeremy Chardy will suspend his season after suffering a debilitating reaction to a Covid-19 vaccine, he told AFP on Thursday.

"Since I had my vaccine (between the Olympics and the US Open), I have had a problem, I've had a series of struggles. Suddenly, I cannot train, I cannot play," said the 34-year-old.

The world number 73 explained that he felt violent pains all over his body as soon as he made any physical effort.

"Now I have been to see two doctors, I have done some tests so I know what I have and the most important thing is to take care of myself," said Chardy.

"I prefer to take more time to take care of myself and be sure that in the future I will not have any problem rather than trying to get back on the court as quickly as possible and find myself still having health problems."

Chardy, a former top 30 player, has won just one singles title in his career, at Stuttgart in 2009.

However, in his time, he has claimed wins against Roger Federer, Andy Murray as well as recently-crowned US Open champion Daniil Medvedev.

https://www.news24.com/sport/tennis/atp ... b-20210924

As I read this I thought about Nikki Minaj's cousin's friend but that was mean.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Yeah, I read that before. But he can't be struggling too much. In Zambia now, was in Nice for a wedding a few weeks ago. and was in NYC for the Open and was carrying his son on his shoulders. If you're debilitated, you don't travel around to multiple locales with your beautiful wife and son living it up.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Not to mention: 1) It could very well be a false assumption of cause and effect, and 2) it's better than being dead. Dipstick.