C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
dmforever

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by dmforever »

Obviously doing all of those things with a positive test is more reckless, but even if he hadn't tested positive, it would have been reckless. But no one else is masked either. It's really shocking.

Kevin
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Nick Stylianou
@nmsonline

On 25th December, Novak Djokovic is pictured twice on the streets of Belgrade. He’s gently returning a tennis ball in a video & posing with a fan in another photo.

Serbian COVID rules state that you must self-isolate for 14 days after a positive PCR test. This was day 9.

https://twitter.com/nmsonline/status/14 ... 284813830

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

'Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive'
The Scottish Play

Calling it by its name is supposed to be bad luck.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Presuming 12/16 is the accurate day for the supposed positive test and presuming that the dates of all of these other events are also accurate, give me a scenario where the optics of this can even remotely be good? Either 1) they are lying about the positive test entirely or 2) they are telling the truth about the test and Novax went out of his way to be a super-spreader...

Am I missing something?
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

I understand the 'panel' process was anonymous. But surely the accepted reasons for entering Australia at the state & federal levels without vaccination were binding and on the public record the day Novax was granted his exemption, right??
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:03 pm Presuming 12/16 is the accurate day for the supposed positive test and presuming that the dates of all of these other events are also accurate, give me a scenario where the optics of this can even remotely be good? Either 1) they are lying about the positive test entirely or 2) they are telling the truth about the test and Novax went out of his way to be a super-spreader...

Am I missing something?

It continues to be amazing how bad he and the people he hires are at handling his PR blunders. A college course in how not to do Crisis Management.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:06 pm ---

It continues to be amazing how bad he and the people he hires are at handling his PR blunders. A college course in how not to do Crisis Management.

Well, it has been years of his PR people not even understanding that the first thing they need to buy is a roll of duct tape and wrap his dad with it.
Other than that, what you say.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:
Liamvalid wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:36 am ...

I haven’t had chance to follow much tennis at all recently, so was hoping to read on here on Novak’s activities in December. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was to be pictured at big parties or sporting events without a mask or social distancing, that’s for sure.
But as you say, it may be in vain if the rule is that you must still have a jab, even if you have the natural immunity of a recent infection, and even that is questionable with COVID.
His lawyers must think they have a strong case though to be going through all this, or do you think it’s just Novak clutching at straws?
My GF found on IG the list of places he went to around mid December. A basketball game, an event with kids, a few more. He never even remotely went into quarantine, if he did get C19.
The guy that needs to answer a lot of questions is Tiley. I will grant Novax the benefit of doubt that he was told he could come in, as the head of the tournament told him so. But this seems to have been very reckless from Tiley's side.
Not only the head of the tournament (whose word isn’t an authority) - but his visa was granted. Probably should never have been granted if he didn’t meet the requirements for entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by meganfernandez »

dryrunguy wrote:I specifically remember someone here posting a picture of Novax at a basketball game--front row, no mask, etc. Seems like that would have been around 12/16. Or perhaps that picture was older than that.
Yes around then. Maybe that’s when he got COVID. On one hand, the timing is too perfect if he got it right after the season ended and in enough time to recover to travel to Australia. Then again, he’s unvaccinated, which makes it pretty easy to catch if you want to.

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It seems that Djokovic's master plan was either to get a fake positive PCR document or to deliberately and conveniently contract COVID-19 at just the right time... And this "I had COVID-19 a month ago" thing is the only card he's playing... and along with this declaration comes the knowledge that, while he was supposedly COVID positive, or at least while he was awaiting his PCR result - either way, he was supposed to stay away from others - he attended several public events and posed for many photos with people unmasked.
This is the card he's playing - a card that makes him look like even more of a jackass than previously (which none of us thought was possible).

Honestly, this entire situation is absolutely pathetic.
Let's get this pitiful saga over with once and for all and just do what needs to be done:
Djokovic should be suspended for all of 2022, Tiley should be fired from his position and never be able to work for any official tennis entity again, and some sort of significant punishment should be handed to the Australian Open (something that does not also penalize the players).
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

New date of activity post-PCR. Masked during interview, maskless during photoshoot.

dmforever

Post by dmforever »

I'm playing the devil's advocate here. Can Novax argue that he did test postive for Covid on Dec 16 but how responsible he was after that is not part of the decision making process?

Kevin
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Dangerous irresponsibility is usually not viewed as being a virtue.
Or even a neutral element.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by meganfernandez »

dmforever wrote:I'm playing the devil's advocate here. Can Novax argue that he did test postive for Covid on Dec 16 but how responsible he was after that is not part of the decision making process?

Kevin
Yeah the Australia court should factor his morality into its legal decision, but it might question the veracity of his test given his actions, if something about the documents seems suspicious.

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

dmforever wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:26 am I'm playing the devil's advocate here. Can Novax argue that he did test postive for Covid on Dec 16 but how responsible he was after that is not part of the decision making process?

Kevin
I think Novax will argue anything that he thinks we get him what he wants.