C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:18 pm
mmmm8 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:09 pm One of the other players that had this situation (probably wasn't only Voracova) should sue Tennis Australia for misleading them, if they were really told a recent positive test is sufficient for an exemption.
it seems like a recent positive test IS sufficient, right? This point is still unclear -which is maddening, because it's one of two questions that actually matter: Is this a legal basis for an exemption, and if not, why in the world was he issued a visa and allowed to board a plane? If it is sufficient, did Djokovic's paperwork seem fishy to the ABF (even though it hadn't seemed fishy to the Home Department that issues his visa or the ABF staff that let him on the plane in Dubai)? If it's legal and his paperwork didn't spark suspicions, he should been allowed in, unless there's something else we don't know. Maybe that's not the reason they denied his visa after all. Maybe it was the "wrong visa" technicality.
A positive test is sufficient FOR AUSTRALIANS inside their borders. There were repeated clear messages from the health minister that just a recent positive was not the rule for foreigners coming in. This is why Tennis Australia was told that wasn't enough.

The visa isn't issued with the medical exemption. He got the visa in November. He got the medical exemption in the final days of December. I have no idea why this continues to be repeated when it's been crystal clear for days now that these are two separate processes.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

So, I definitely don't think he should be allowed to enter Australia and the cries of injustice from his family/Serbia are hilarious, but I'm starting to think most of this is on Tennis Australia and the Victorian government and Djokovic followed what they asked (unless the PCR results were faked which I think is probable).

He got interviewed for 6 hours in the middle of the night and was very polite and professional. Here's the transcript.

https://fedcourt.gov.au/__data/assets/p ... he-ABF.pdf

The other thing in there is he says he tested positive on NOVEMBER 16 not December 16.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Just as an example. I am flying to the USA on Jan 19th. United (the horror, the horror). So, I can upload my documents to prepare for the flight. I uploaded my passport and US Visa, but I still have to upload my C19 vax certificates, and the system will not let me do so UNTIL THE 18th, because I need to upload my vaccinations and my antigen test results with at most 24 hours before the flight.
My visa is fine. I am still pending if I cannot provide proof of vaccination and testing.
It seems Australia is the same, as JazzNu says.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Someone will have to explain to me how this helps his image?
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

And here's the video of the "press conference" by his family.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by JazzNU »

mmmm8 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:15 pm So, I definitely don't think he should be allowed to enter Australia and the cries of injustice from his family/Serbia are hilarious, but I'm starting to think most of this is on Tennis Australia and the Victorian government and Djokovic followed what they asked (unless the PCR results were faked which I think is probable).

He got interviewed for 6 hours in the middle of the night and was very polite and professional. Here's the transcript.

The other thing in there is he says he tested positive on NOVEMBER 16 not December 16.

While they may be what he said in that interview, that's not the case. That is around the time he got his Aussie visa, so maybe he was confusing the dates for that. It's December 16th for sure for the supposed positive covid test, that's what his lawyers put in the official court filings, which are widely available if you want to see them.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:33 pm
mmmm8 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:15 pm So, I definitely don't think he should be allowed to enter Australia and the cries of injustice from his family/Serbia are hilarious, but I'm starting to think most of this is on Tennis Australia and the Victorian government and Djokovic followed what they asked (unless the PCR results were faked which I think is probable).

While they may be what he said in that interview, that's not the case. That is around the time he got his Aussie visa, so maybe he was confusing the dates for that. It's December 16th for sure for the positive covid test, that's what his lawyers put in the official court filings, which are widely available if you want to see them.
Yeah, he probably misspoke, he says at another point that Dec 16 he tested positive, Dec 22 he tested negative
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Djokovic fans? Aren't they in this case synonymous with local Serbian immigrants?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Suliso wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:13 pm Djokovic fans? Aren't they in this case synonymous with local Serbian immigrants?
I believe we are going here on a bit of group theory. Being a Novax fan DOES not mean you are a Serbian immigrant, but being a Serbian immigrant means you are a Novax fan ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Ben Rothenberg
@BenRothenberg

(Folks are getting a mix of positive/negative results from this same QR code now, I don't know what to make of it beyond it being bizarre.)
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It's not bizarre - it's simply par for the completely ridiculous course.

Let's just erase all of this nonsense from our collective memories, recover, and re-start the tennis season at Roland Garros, please.
Without Novak.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:27 pm

Someone will have to explain to me how this helps his image?
Good thing they're not in Florida where I believe you're legally able to plow through protesters in your car.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:50 am Good thing they're not in Florida where I believe you're legally able to plow through protesters in your car.
^ Yes - but only if the driver is unvaccinated.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower