Our main board to talk about our sport
shmrck14 United States of America

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by shmrck14 »

And the dominos continue to fall, the latest from Ben Rothenberg

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I don't understand why Novax's father is beating this drum about this having something to do with the size of Serbia.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:23 am I don't understand why Novax's father is beating this drum about this having something to do with the size of Serbia.
It is has been a constant subject on his discourse. Novax is not loved "because he is from Serbia". He is not respected "because he is from Serbia, and we are a small country". He has made many statements along that line, forgetting the unfortunate events that Serbia committed in the 90's.
Cognitive dissonance at its best. He simply cannot see how Novax behavior and his own makes him so difficult to like, much less love.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

shmrck14 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:29 am And the dominos continue to fall, the latest from Ben Rothenberg

What an odd thing for him to lie about. Well known that he was in Spain to train prior to going to Australia, and something he's done many times before, it's one of his main training areas. He owns a home in Marbella now.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:23 am I don't understand why Novax's father is beating this drum about this having something to do with the size of Serbia.
It's a metaphor.
It's really about the size of something else.
:D
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

Being investigated now. Again, I don't know why he'd be dumb enough to lie here, but it certainly looks like he did. I don't get it.

Post by JazzNU »

This is a good roundup of all that has occurred for anyone interested.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:08 am Being investigated now. Again, I don't know why he'd be dumb enough to lie here, but it certainly looks like he did. I don't get it.
It is hard to understand, but that must be the M.O. of the entitled. You get away with a little here, then you try a bit more, then on and on. Pretty soon, you believe you can get away with everything and anything.
Just deport him under discretionary powers and put an end to this farce. He is simply not vaccinated, no need to go through all these technicalities. Which I know has got to be a repeat of about 10 posts in this topic, but this is really a simple case. Had this been Djordje (however you spell that) he would have not been allowed to board the plane.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

FWIW, there's mention of the 3 year ban at the end of that video, which has come up before. There have been many Aussies in the Twitter comments about it. They've said that's overblown, that it's not automatic, and there's discretion in when it's used, and clearly that wouldn't happen with Novak.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Best summary of events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
shmrck14 United States of America

Post by shmrck14 »

I'd put money down that the test is a scam, he didn't have a recent infection and so what is the testing protocol for him at AO as unvaccinated? With the Omicron running wild and all the breakthrough infections, there's no way he doesn't catch it while there and will be removed pre or during the tournament. And all the drama will have been for nothing.

The question is, how frequently will he be tested?
MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

shmrck14 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 pm I'd put money down that the test is a scam, he didn't have a recent infection and so what is the testing protocol for him at AO as unvaccinated? With the Omicron running wild and all the breakthrough infections, there's no way he doesn't catch it while there and will be removed pre or during the tournament. And all the drama will have been for nothing.

The question is, how frequently will he be tested?
With his luck, he'll be asymptomatic, play on, and will succeed in infecting half the men's draw.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Growing jealous of all the attention Novak is getting, Bernie (once again) decided to divert some of the attention his way...

Is loss of hair colour a symptom of COVID-19?

"I will test positive" Tomic says...

R.I.P. Amal...

FEBravo

Post by FEBravo »

shmrck14 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 pm I'd put money down that the test is a scam, he didn't have a recent infection
Biggest question for me on this point is what was his plan to play at the AO if he didn't just happen to catch that infection, after the deadline for the exemption? I personally think that's quite damning. And if it's a genuine test, then he's clearly an even bigger asshole for going out there infecting others. So he really comes out pretty bad either way.