New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Explaining how the new forum works
Tennislady100 United States of America

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by Tennislady100 »

Thank you! I am looking forward to the group.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

AcesAnnie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:39 pm Hello tennis enthusiasts, my name is Ann and actually I am an avid runner and more just a huge admirer of tennis than someone who can actually play the game well. I do however love going on the court from time to time with my husband and hitting around for the exercise and the fun. One thing I love about the game of tennis is that anyone can play it no matter your age. I am 57 years old, and I still do run regularly but with running my body has slowed down considerably over the years and the knees are not the same as they once were when I was in my 20's. So tennis is a great form of exercise for me.

I grew up watching some of the greats of tennis and was very fond of Chris Evert and even John McEnroe. I have watched the game evolve over the years from Evert,Navratilova, Graf, Seles,Serena, Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Lendl,Sampras, Agassi,Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. I wonder who is next to take over. I love the fact that the Americans really have a great contingency of players on the tour now and my favorites are Shelby Rogers and Tommy Paul.

I suppose I am here to learn more about the game of tennis from more avid fans as I do enjoy the game. So I probably will have quite a bit of questions along the way. I know some history of the game as I have been around for sometime, but actually playing the game , not so much.
Yes, tennis can be played till you drop dead..my father did exactly that..he was 83, played till his last day on earth..
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

ashkor87 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:41 am
AcesAnnie wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:39 pm Hello tennis enthusiasts, my name is Ann and actually I am an avid runner and more just a huge admirer of tennis than someone who can actually play the game well. I do however love going on the court from time to time with my husband and hitting around for the exercise and the fun. One thing I love about the game of tennis is that anyone can play it no matter your age. I am 57 years old, and I still do run regularly but with running my body has slowed down considerably over the years and the knees are not the same as they once were when I was in my 20's. So tennis is a great form of exercise for me.

I grew up watching some of the greats of tennis and was very fond of Chris Evert and even John McEnroe. I have watched the game evolve over the years from Evert,Navratilova, Graf, Seles,Serena, Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Lendl,Sampras, Agassi,Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. I wonder who is next to take over. I love the fact that the Americans really have a great contingency of players on the tour now and my favorites are Shelby Rogers and Tommy Paul.

I suppose I am here to learn more about the game of tennis from more avid fans as I do enjoy the game. So I probably will have quite a bit of questions along the way. I know some history of the game as I have been around for sometime, but actually playing the game , not so much.
Yes, tennis can be played till you drop dead..my father did exactly that..he was 83, played till his last day on earth..
Don't love the fact that your dad died, but do love the fact that he got to play a game he enjoyed for the majority of his life. He also seemed to have passed down the love of the game to the other generations in his family(you), which is something that you will never forget about him.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ashkor87 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:41 am

So sorry to hear about your father, but how great that he was active for so long. A real blessing. He must have taken good care of himself.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Years ago I found an article that said that tennis players had a higher life expectancy than average. I did find an article about that.
it is not only a sport for a lifetime, it is a sport that can help you extend your lifetime.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:38 pm Years ago I found an article that said that tennis players had a higher life expectancy than average. I did find an article about that.
it is not only a sport for a lifetime, it is a sport that can help you extend your lifetime.
Until you get hooked on TAT suicide pools, which are directly related to high blood pressure, stroke, numerous psychiatric conditions, and a host of other negative health outcomes.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:38 pm Years ago I found an article that said that tennis players had a higher life expectancy than average. I did find an article about that.
Probably more correlation than causation.
dryrunguy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:43 pm Until you get hooked on TAT suicide pools, which are directly related to high blood pressure, stroke, numerous psychiatric conditions, and a host of other negative health outcomes.
The Bandwagon Life Expectancy Index
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:20 pm ...

The Bandwagon Life Expectancy Index
NO!. Now I am going to try to figure that one out ;)
LilMissBubbles United States of America

Post by LilMissBubbles »

{color=#FFFFFF].[/color}
Last edited by LilMissBubbles on Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Welcome Katelyn/LilMissBubbles ! Fortunately tennis skill is not required here or a would have been kicked out
Long ago (although I am undefeated against my ten year old still the 2-3 times we play a year.)
:steven:

Post by LilMissBubbles »

{color=#FFFFFF].[/color}
Last edited by LilMissBubbles on Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Sure enough, the last shot he took last time he played went over the fence as well!
:steven:

Post by LilMissBubbles »

{color=#FFFFFF].[/color}
Sinner Fan Italy

Post by Sinner Fan »

Hello my name is Kate and I am 29 years of age going to be turning 30 on March 3rd. I am from Italy and English is not my first language. So please stick with me if I do not make sense some time. I am big tennis fan and Jannik Sinner is my favourite player. I am single mama of 2 year old daughter and work in hotel as housekeeper. I like to talk to others who like tennis like myself.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sinner Fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:34 pm Hello my name is Kate and I am 29 years of age going to be turning 30 on March 3rd. I am from Italy and English is not my first language. So please stick with me if I do not make sense some time. I am big tennis fan and Jannik Sinner is my favourite player. I am single mama of 2 year old daughter and work in hotel as housekeeper. I like to talk to others who like tennis like myself.
Hello Sinner fan. Glad that you have found us, and that you are a member now.
Don't worry about not making sense some time; it happens to A LOT of us ;)
You will be busy tomorrow with Sinner in that final; wish you (and him) luck :thumbsup: