With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:38 am ...

And how do you communicate with them in some kind of meaningful way?
This.
It applies to so many things today. How do you talk to the people that fell down the rabbit hole, that hold contradictory opinions within themselves? This kid has a TRUMP T-shirt, yet everything about him is precisely what Trumpians are against.
Where do you start unraveling this ball of thread?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Normally I would've put this in the Dante thread but I put it here because how do you reason with this?

I don't know any drug dealers but from what I know of them giving away freebies is not their M.O.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So the Russian soldiers are going to be deployed to the US/Mexico border to stop the fentanyl dealing "illegals" from setting up shop in the homes they've bought to distribute candy colored fentanyl for free to poor innocent US kids? Is that what this is about?

/s
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Meanwhile, are we going to talk about Hunter Biden at all? Just asking...
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

dryrunguy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:22 am Meanwhile, are we going to talk about Hunter Biden at all? Just asking...
I will. I think he's shady, 100% traded on who his father was at the time, and whatever illegal things he's done he should be held accountable. Him being sacrificed doesn't bother me much, he's part of the entitled set.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

What?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Russia, as the Ukraine war shows, is not really a threat (except for covert assassinations).
China is.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by Owendonovan »

"This is the right move at the right time." Seeing as how there's an election coming up..........

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by Owendonovan »

"House Republicans have introduced legislation that some critics are describing as a national "Don't Say Gay" bill – inspired by the controversial Florida law that bans instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten through third grade classes."
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/21/11302971 ... ation-bill

Such a hateful group of people. Grooming their children to hate every Sunday at the grooming center they call the house of the lord. The GOP has never, in my 55 years, given me a reason to respect anything they say or do.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:24 pm "House Republicans have introduced legislation that some critics are describing as a national "Don't Say Gay" bill – inspired by the controversial Florida law that bans instruction on gender identity and sexual orientation in kindergarten through third grade classes."
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/21/11302971 ... ation-bill

Such a hateful group of people. Grooming their children to hate every Sunday at the grooming center they call the house of the lord. The GOP has never, in my 55 years, given me a reason to respect anything they say or do.
Serious here, I want your opinion.
As you point out, "grooming" is done on a weekly or daily basis at churches and other religious locations. That is accepted by society (and something that I do not agree with, as you may guess).
But, about sexuality. At what age is it appropriate to start a conversation with young people regarding sex, gender, identities and sexuality? It is not an easy subject.
For example, in Venezuela, and during my high school years, there was a subject specifically about sex; but it centered on biology and reproduction (this was the 70's, after all) so no "modern" ideas were even in the book. But, as I was in an Opus Dei school, the "teaching" was done under a religious focus, meaning it was aimed and telling us that all about sex was wrong. Needless to say, it certainly caused more harm than good.
Again: when should children start having a conversation about sex?
Txs