With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
dryrunguy

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by dryrunguy »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:43 pm The CPAC looney show is example #1 that the man is anything but finished.
I've spent much of this morning thinking the exact same thing. I honestly don't know if the Republic will survive this. It is well within the realm of possibility that we're merely living in a 4-year respite and that everything will shift back to reality in 2024.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

What's the reason to think that a million or two of those who voted for Biden last year will vote for Trump in 2024? I don't see it... People have short memories, but not that short.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Suliso wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:25 pm What's the reason to think that a million or two of those who voted for Biden last year will vote for Trump in 2024? I don't see it... People have short memories, but not that short.
You know I am half joking when I say that your believe and trust in humanity is almost endearing.
Donald Trump never hid what he was or what he "stands" for, yet in 2016 he won. Biden won in part thanks for the tanking economy, something that people like us can see really was not totally Trump's fault but was completely related to the pandemic. Of course, Tiny mishandled it completely but all that is needed, in 2024, is an economy that is still not recovered and which then will be blamed on Biden, and a few states implementing further gerrymandering tactics to suppress votes.
The democrats penchant to also shoot themselves in the foot is always there to ensure that a lot of people will not come to vote in 2022 and Congress, the Senate or both can shift to the GOP again. That will mean two years of sabotaging anything Biden will try to do to benefit the country; by now, it is clear that to the GOP "Party" comes before "Country" and if the way for the GOP to regain the three branches of government (they will keep the SCOTUS for a long time, we know that). You can always count on AOC or Bernie to try to do the perfectly right thing that is a pipe dream and in that process, block the possible good thing that could be done. In some district, a photo of a democratic candidate wearing an "inappropriate" custom during a Halloween party when they were teenagers will torpedo a candidacy here, another one there, and you will end with a few more Marjorie Taylor Greene's here and there.

It boils down to: the GOP belongs to Tiny, and you have said it yourself. In any election in the USA, both candidates have a close to 50% chance of winning. These weekend, at CPAC, Tiny will tell everybody the election was stolen, and that the new cases against them are a witch hunt and that, regardless of what evidence is produced, he had done nothing. And the crowd will swallow it.
He has 72MM votes in the pocket, guaranteed. Biden has 80MM, that can sway.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I think you still have to put what he is out there so the proverbial "folks in the back", in this case those who live far from NYC and other large urban areas hear it. Faux, even though they're 24/7 GOP/Q propaganda, have to say what it is he's being accused of that's so out there those in mostly empty states will know what to be angry about. I was listening to Noel Casler on a Judy Gold podcast and he said one of the mistakes that was made was assuming everyone knew what he was when it was mostly folks in NYC, Washington DC and probably LA and the Bay Area who knew. Many people's first intro to him was The Apprentice.

I say the investigations should continue and be made as public as they can be. Let the MAGAt's have to defend against the charges. When all is said and done they will be left with one argument.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

Suliso wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:25 pm What's the reason to think that a million or two of those who voted for Biden last year will vote for Trump in 2024? I don't see it... People have short memories, but not that short.
The majority of the GOP are actually Trumpians. So that, the ANP (amoral, narcistic psychopath) will almost assuredly get the GOP nomination in 2024. The Trumpians won't care that he doesn't have a chance in the general election because they refuse to recognize reality, or they don't care about reality. So, even if the ANP loses the 2024 general election, he will keep winning the nomination until he is dead. Basically, his supporters are essentially psychotic and are completely detached from reality. So, we won't be through with him until he is dead, if we are lucky. If we are not lucky, some other ANP will take his place. So, "No, we are not done with him yet".

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Uh, what?

the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

^^If that happened to Ted Cruz he'd say he was attacked by Antifa.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I said it before: if Romney would to take the brutally honest route of declaring himself an "Independent", it would get him more votes.
I would have never voted for him, if I were American, in 2012. But he has earned my respect.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

(not the congressman Matt Gertz, the media watchdog Matthew Gertz)

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:18 pm (not the congressman Matt Gertz, the media watchdog Matthew Gertz)

I said what I meant and I meant what I said. An elephant's faithful one hundred per cent.

I will not watch Fox in sox...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »