With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:19 pm Who is on his staff? They're supposed to brief him on stuff like this.
Given the number of similar sort of gaffes he's had especially about PA stuff, many have surmised that his staff hates him and I can't say they're wrong. There's been some seriously easy stuff that's been botched.

And botching anything Steelers related is more problematic than it would seem like it would be given how much he needs to pull votes from Western PA and the Steelers are a devout religion in the Greater Pittsburgh area.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I've never felt the need to own a firearm until this election. The current extremist GOP is way too fringe for me to trust with anything, their lack of empathy allows for easy violence.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

1 in 3 people in the USA now say that violence will be needed to save the country. And then it cuts down by party lines; it is almost 1/2 of republicans, and about 1/5 for Dems.
I gather that is a basic ingredient for a civil war.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by JazzNU »

They've gone full Willie Horton with the ads in these parts. I haven't seen anything so aggressively obvious in a very, very long time.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:58 am They've gone full Willie Horton with the ads in these parts. I haven't seen anything so aggressively obvious in a very, very long time.
Are you seeing any Mastriano ads, Jazz? I haven't seen one in weeks. From TV to YouTube to ads showing up on food recipes, all I am seeing is Oz, Oz, Oz. From where I sit and what's being thrown at me, all resources are being thrown at defeating Fetterman. Looks like they gave up on Mastriano weeks ago in terms of ad resource allocation in PA.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

FYI her real/birth name is Nimrata Randhawa

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:12 am
JazzNU wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:58 am They've gone full Willie Horton with the ads in these parts. I haven't seen anything so aggressively obvious in a very, very long time.
Are you seeing any Mastriano ads, Jazz? I haven't seen one in weeks. From TV to YouTube to ads showing up on food recipes, all I am seeing is Oz, Oz, Oz. From where I sit and what's being thrown at me, all resources are being thrown at defeating Fetterman. Looks like they gave up on Mastriano weeks ago in terms of ad resource allocation in PA.
I'm honestly not sure he has much money left. I haven't seen any in a month, but it could be closer to 6 weeks. He's been a lost cause for awhile, every thing you heard about him was more disturbing than the last. But I basically stopped seeing almost any ads for him after the pro-Shapiro ad (can't remember if it was him or a PAC) showed the one of him at the freaking QAnon convention getting an damn award. I think that was it for him and what little money he was getting dried up quick. My mom said she has heard a few ads for him on the news radio station, so that might be what his budget can manage.

One of the GOP PACs has pivoted to advocating essentially for a split ticket of Shapiro/Oz. It's well funded because I saw it for probably a 2 week period on different channels including during either football or playoff baseball games. Not sure you got those. But basically, they are commercials saying that Fetterman isn't a Shapiro kind of Democrat, that's he's far too left for PA. There was no mention of Oz at all in the commercial, but their meaning was clear. That felt like a waiving of the white flag on Mastriano to me.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by JazzNU »

If Florida and Ohio aren't a Dem win or under 6% difference loss, I need them to stop being called battleground states because they aren't nearly enough in contention in recent cycles to warrant that title.

And Ohio desperately wanting tourism dollars during presidential campaigns isn't enough of a reason to give them one red cent if their results aren't in doubt.

Post by JazzNU »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »