With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I wouldn't call NYS a "blue" state. Take NYC and it's suburbs out of the equation I'd say upstate if pretty red if not purple due to the number of college towns there.

Staten Island may as well be part of New Jersey or Long Island.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:18 am

Josh is local, grew up in the same area I went to high school. So this is a win for our area that I'm sure will be celebrated. Very proud of him. Really nice guy, and his family is too. Met him several times well before he was at this point in his career, he started out as our State House Rep.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

dryrunguy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:26 pm In case you missed it, John Fetterman almost certainly lost his Senate race during last night's debate. There were times when he sounded exactly like someone who had a stroke. His brain is fine. But the average Pennsylvania voter probably will not be able to look past his lingering auditory and speech problems. He went into the debate, at best, only 1-2 points ahead in the polling. A lot of polls already had it 50/50 going in.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
I've never been so thrilled to be SO wrong. :)

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Gov. Hochul won New York State 52.8% to 47.2%. Rounding up she won by 53% to 47% but the NYT is trying to say this was a close race. I don't get it.

Anyway Boebert lost.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Which is one reason why, if I were able to move to the States, I would stick to my little town in Colorado.
They are not perfect, but they correct things. Sometimes.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:49 pm
dryrunguy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:26 pm In case you missed it, John Fetterman almost certainly lost his Senate race during last night's debate. There were times when he sounded exactly like someone who had a stroke. His brain is fine. But the average Pennsylvania voter probably will not be able to look past his lingering auditory and speech problems. He went into the debate, at best, only 1-2 points ahead in the polling. A lot of polls already had it 50/50 going in.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
I've never been so thrilled to be SO wrong. :)
I wasn't worried about that debate. People in PA weren't watching that debate like that. Out of state people, who influenced entirely too much of this race, the same who helped get Fetterman the nomination, not knowing a damn thing about PA, were way too focused on that debate.

If Dave McCormick had beaten Oz in the primary, I think it's likely he's the newly elected PA Senator today. Fetterman ran a shaky campaign with questionable decision-making from the get go and a better candidate who didn't make as many mistakes as Oz especially about basic PA stuff, likely would've honed in much better on Fetterman's obvious weaknesses. They are significantly more than just the current state of his health.

Out of state Bernie Bros are going to botch this one of these times and it's going to be costly. They do not understand instra-state politics in PA at all and their ignorance is going to catch up with them and the same is likely true elsewhere. Look at Fetterman's splits and look at Shapiro's. Fetterman''s victory is an outlier on what Shapiro, current governor Wolf, and current Senator Casey managed to garner in midterm years. That's people happily vote splitting even though there are some similar issues statewide, abortion restrictions and voting rights included.