Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Deuce Canada

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:59 pm Brittney Griner has been released from Russia and is on her way to the USA. The Biden Administration traded "The Merchant of Death" for her.
Because, you know, this is the worst administration ever.
From a country that is obsessed with 'celebrity', and which has elected numerous 'celebrities' to high political office, this seems like yet another case of typical American celebrity favouritism, as Griner is more of a 'famous celebrity' than is Paul Whelan...

Paul Whelan "disappointed" That More is Not Done to Secure His Release...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:52 am Seems odd that Ted Cruz's daughter's suicide attempt isn't really being called that.
Stumbled onto this debate since Ted is trending on my Twitter TL.

All families have issues and I still think that the family should be allowed privacy at this time. I can't help but think that if this was the child of a Democrat there would be people slamming the family and the child 24/7. As a parent of an adult child even if the child was pissed at me I would be there for them come hell or high water.

In response someone posted this video of Ted and his daughter from a few years ago. Awkward doesn't begin to describe it.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Was there ever any doubt?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:30 pm
Owendonovan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:52 am Seems odd that Ted Cruz's daughter's suicide attempt isn't really being called that.
Stumbled onto this debate since Ted is trending on my Twitter TL.

All families have issues and I still think that the family should be allowed privacy at this time. I can't help but think that if this was the child of a Democrat there would be people slamming the family and the child 24/7. As a parent of an adult child even if the child was pissed at me I would be there for them come hell or high water.

In response someone posted this video of Ted and his daughter from a few years ago. Awkward doesn't begin to describe it.

The incredibly strong biases of the people of the United States NEVER ceases to amaze me... There is so little objectivity in that country that it's despicable. Biases usually run along political lines (EVERYTHING your favourite political party does is wonderful, and EVERYTHING that the opposing political party does is horrible). But many other biases and prejudices exist, as well.
The incredible biases and complete lack of any degree of objectivity is truly astounding. And so glaringly obvious to those of us outside of the U.S. who can look at it objectively.

I can guarantee that every child has reacted that way many times when a parent has tried to hug and/or kiss them. Especially in a public setting. So posting this video in the context of an indication that Cruz and his daughter don't love each other is truly despicable. But it is also very typical of 'social media' - especially in the United States.

I don't give a load of dung about Ted Cruz. To me, he's a politician, and so is inherently manipulative and dishonest when it comes to anything related to political matters. But that doesn't mean that he's a terrible father.
Maybe he is a terrible father. Maybe he's a good father. I don't know - and neither do any of the people criticizing him who have never met him or his daughter. Just because he belongs to the political party that is not your favourite political party does not mean he is a terrible father.

I do care about his 14 year old daughter. It must be extremely difficult for her to have such a well known father... hearing and seeing people say all kinds of nasty things about him publicly... Imagine how difficult that must be to deal with at school, etc. (no matter if it's public or private school, other kids can be extremely cruel). She has apparently (I say 'apparently' because I know that the media cannot be trusted to tell the truth) come out as being attracted to girls/women - and that adds another element/layer of difficulty for her to deal with. She's not 42 years old - she's 14, for god's sake. Inflicting physical harm on herself was obviously a 'cry for help' - as cliché as that may sound, it's also true 99% of the time that teenagers harm themselves.

ti - you've stated several times (correctly) that the Cruz family deserves privacy and to be left alone at this time... but at the same time, you continue to post provocative things from 'social media' about the family and about this particular situation with the 14 year old daughter.
That's a contradiction.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:55 pm Was there ever any doubt?

No.
I can't even think of anybody else that would even enter the discussion.
Honorary mention. Small honorary mention. Tiny honorary mention. Remote honorary mention: Uncle Joe.
Look at the rest of the world. Look at South America. Sure, you guys have inflation. But this man has kept the USA steady, with millions of people rooting for nothing more than the utter failure of the country.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

R.I.P. Amal...

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Re; Ted Cruz's daughter. As a teenage out bisexual with a parent that publicly rallies and legislates against that teenager, though not specifically, has to really suck. If I didn't know better, I'd call that emotional and psychological abuse which can easily lead to self harm. This young girl needs help, no doubt. I'm not sure where one turns when your father is an outspoken politician. Americans love this grist.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

AH! NOW I get it...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Palmer Report @PalmerReport
Replying to @PalmerReport
We'll see how those numbers shift over the next year-plus. But for now, to presume that Sinema would win a two way race is faulty. And to presume that Democrats' odds would be worse in a three way race is also faulty. Sinema is borderline non-viable for 2024 already.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »