The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

Ke Huy Quan

No designer attribution so this is probably his own outfit. Traditional-ish? It fits well though.

Brendan Fraser

Again no designer attribution but this is a big man styled to perfection. The pants could be a quarter inch longer but even if this is off the rack it's a good off the rack tux.

Matt Smith

No designer attribution again but who would take credit for this hot mess?

Melanie Lynskey
In Giambattista Valli.

Physically big women are usually assigned something from Omar's Ready to Wear collection in a somber color. She's wearing the color and the gown well. Good for her.

Marcia Gay Harden
In Ruchi New York jewelry.

Too young
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jeremy Allen White
In Giorgio Armani.

Armani tailoring perfection and subtle color play. Nice.

Tyler James Williams
In Cartier jewelry.

The collar on the shirt stops this from being a best dressed for me. He's wearing something different from his GG red carpet look and almost pulls it off.

Thuso Mbedu
In custom Louis Vuitton with REZA, Rainbow K, Anita Ko, Delfina Deletrez, and EERA jewelry.

I wish that they'd used the black material along the hem but otherwise she looks wonderful

Jenny Slate
In Olivier Theyskens spring/summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear.

There is just too much going on in this gown

Sebastian Stan
In Givenchy.

I'm not sure if he wanted casual or formal here. It just doesn't work.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Seth Rogan
In Zegna.

Same house that Andrew Garfield wore but look at the difference.

Emily Uribe
In Alex Perry and Stuart Weitzman shoes.

This works

Anna Sawai
In Acne Studios spring/summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear.

I really like this. She looks so comfortable wearing it

This is the photo that made me go find the looks from the Critics Choice Red Carpet.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The Oscar noms are out (separate thread is coming). This is today's example of "Great Entertainment Journalism".

The perfect response.

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:13 pm The Oscar noms are out (separate thread is coming). This is today's example of "Great Entertainment Journalism".
I don't think it's quite that straight forward.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Excuse my stupidity. She was born in Malaysia. Why "identifies as" and not "is"?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 pm Excuse my stupidity. She was born in Malaysia. Why "identifies as" and not "is"?
Because there were other people nominated for Best Actress who were also Asian but didn't identify as such. Merle Oberan was the first Asian actress to be nominated for Best Actress in 1936, but hid her heritage, and parentage for several reasons.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I was with Ponchi on this one. Thanks for clarifying the situation. I had no idea about Merle Oberan.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jeremy Clarkson’s Meghan Markle Column Faces U.K. Press Regulator Probe After 25,000 Complaints
The Independent Press Standards Organization has launched an investigation into opinion piece about the Duchess of Sussex written by the former host of 'Top Gear.'
BY ETAN VLESSING
FEBRUARY 9, 2023 11:25AM

The U.K. press watchdog has launched an investigation into a British tabloid column by former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson that attracted around 25,100 complaints.

On Thursday, the Independent Press Standards Organization confirmed it will probe the Dec. 17, 2022 article in The Sun where Clarkson wrote that Prince Harry was being “controlled” by Meghan Markle, and he was “dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her.”

The press watchdog will take forward complaints from two parties, The Fawcett Society and The Wilde Foundation, who said they were impacted by breaches of the UK Editor’s Code over accuracy, harassment and discrimination via the column.

“We will make public the outcome of this investigation through our website and on our social media channels when it is concluded,” the press watchdog said in a statement.

Clarkson wrote the opinion piece under the headline “One day, Harold the glove puppet will tell the truth about A Woman Talking B*****ks” after the Harry & Meghan docuseries launched on Netflix. The series sees the couple revealing new behind-the-scenes information about how they were treated by both the U.K. press and royal family, ultimately leading to their separation from royal life.

Clarkson’s tabloid column was removed from The Sun‘s website after it sparked a widespread backlash, including from Clarkson’s daughter, podcast host Emily Clarkson, who said, “My views are and have always been clear when it comes to misogyny, bullying and the treatment of women by the media. I want to make it very clear that I stand against everything that my dad wrote about Meghan Markle and I remain standing in support of those that are targeted with online hatred.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... erm=165498

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Well at least it's not a sparkly romper.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Folks are comparing this to the Super Bowl Half Time show from last night.

Of course the best was Prince who performed live in the rain. May he RIP.

You'll have to watch on YouTube of course.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I mean Rihanna is pregnant so she did the best she could. What surprised me was people didn't realize she was lip syncing.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Prince. Always underrated as a guitar player. He really could play.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem