New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Explaining how the new forum works
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by dave g »

Scoob wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:07 pm
ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 pm That proves it, no bot could write backwards :D

Hehe ...welcome again. I was going to make you click on pictures of bridges but not needed now.
:lol: I don't know if the writing backwards is more of a talent or not knowing how to take a photo where I am holding something with words on it shows up the correct way is less of a talent. :lol:

When I couldn't figure out how to take the photo and make the sign the correct way, I was almost about ready to attempt to right the words backwards and than said the hell with it. :lol: I think you all can get the picture.

:o :o :o

I think I might have actually seen Scoob. Scoob did you go to the preCOVID tennis mixer social in Grand Marais? The Grand Marais tennis group hosted a "King of the doubles court" mixer. Since I was recently back to tennis, I spent most of my time on the bottom courts. But, if I remember you correctly, you spent most of your time on the lower number courts. Since I didn't know anybody that wasn't from Silver Bay, I didn't go around introducing myself, so you probably wouldn't remember seeing me.

You may be the only TAT2.0 member that I have ever seen. I'll keep a look out for you at Grand Marais tennis socials this summer.

Dave g
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

dave g wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 pm
Scoob wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:07 pm
ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 pm That proves it, no bot could write backwards :D

Hehe ...welcome again. I was going to make you click on pictures of bridges but not needed now.
:lol: I don't know if the writing backwards is more of a talent or not knowing how to take a photo where I am holding something with words on it shows up the correct way is less of a talent. :lol:

When I couldn't figure out how to take the photo and make the sign the correct way, I was almost about ready to attempt to right the words backwards and than said the hell with it. :lol: I think you all can get the picture.

:o :o :o

I think I might have actually seen Scoob. Scoob did you go to the preCOVID tennis mixer social in Grand Marais? The Grand Marais tennis group hosted a "King of the doubles court" mixer. Since I was recently back to tennis, I spent most of my time on the bottom courts. But, if I remember you correctly, you spent most of your time on the lower number courts. Since I didn't know anybody that wasn't from Silver Bay, I didn't go around introducing myself, so you probably wouldn't remember seeing me.

You may be the only TAT2.0 member that I have ever seen. I'll keep a look out for you at Grand Marais tennis socials this summer.

Dave g
dave g, Yes I have been there before COVID.My memory is horrible because of many sports concussions from Ice Hockey hits I have had from the past so remembering details and peoples faces is difficult for me now. Was it in the Summer of 2017 or 2018 ? If you remember seeing a pretty tall guy well over 6 foot then that was probably me. It is only 90 minutes from where I am located to Grand Marias.
Last edited by Scoob on Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok. Case closed.
However. I would ask you to take your photo down as, as we have discussed, we have gotten a few bots and I don't know what their purpose was. I would not want to have your photo manipulated maliciously. The decision is yours.
And, man: your are just begging to be called BOOCS. And you really don't want that. ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:54 pm Ok. Case closed.
However. I would ask you to take your photo down as, as we have discussed, we have gotten a few bots and I don't know what their purpose was. I would not want to have your photo manipulated maliciously. The decision is yours.
And, man: your are just begging to be called BOOCS. And you really don't want that. ;)
Okay, I will take it down. I just wanted to make sure all who wanted to make sure all who wanted it to be clear saw it.

Thanks
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

dave g wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 pm You may be the only TAT2.0 member that I have ever seen. I'll keep a look out for you at Grand Marais tennis socials this summer.
Heh, we're tied at one then :D
:steven:
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Welcome to the forum, Scoob!
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

JTContinental wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:47 pm Welcome to the forum, Scoob!
Thanks, I am starting to feel like I am settling in. At least in this thread and the Indian Wells Thread. :D
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Okay, what happened to Scoob? Another one?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

skatingfan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:24 pm Okay, what happened to Scoob? Another one?
He sent me a PM stating that he was also visiting a second tennis forum and decided that one was more to his liking.
Also, he did not like that we also have other topics, non-tennis related, that consume a lot of time. I wonder why that would be a problem (just don't visit those).
But sure, he is gone. And he did change his e-mail address, which automatically disables you.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

You certainly don't post 119 times in less than a week if you don't like the forum or format. :roll: (And he posted in non-tennis threads, as well.)

As I initially suspected, he fit the pattern (SinnerFan, Ainsley, Wheels, etc.) to a T. He also came around right after those three. He was immediately very familiar with the format we use, and all of its functions (as if he had - gasp - been here before). He made a big stink about being legitimate, was extremely defensive, criticized me for my benign post, a few others (predictable ones) piled on...
Despite his badgering me (both in this thread and in unsolicited private messages), I never took the bait - I never replied to him.
And in the end, my initial assessment/concern was correct. I am not surprised in the least that he came and went very quickly.

I won't be acknowledging any new members (no quotes of their posts, no 'likes' or 'thanks', no references to what they post) until I am satisfied that they are legitimate.

We're fortunate that these fake members are not doing any practical damage, other than fooling people into believing they're legitimate. But we don't know if that will change at some point if the person/people doing this step up their actions.
Hopefully the protections that ponchi has incorporated will put an end to it, and the person(s) will go to get their thrills somewhere else.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

We can all act as we choose of course, but one thing is that the moderators (and by that I really mean mostly ponchi who puts so much time in this site while the rest of us just watch) can do the job and look out for the legitimacy of the members. Enjoy yourselves here, there's no need to go on detective missions!

I do want to know what's behind it all though!
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

There was certainly no 'detective mission' on my part... the signs were obvious.
Additionally, I think that we all have a role to play in trying to keep this forum safe. The more eyes that are watching for unusual activity, the better.
I think we should all be attentive and diligent. All take and no give is not a positive approach.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower