The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

Photo: Getty Images
Andrew Garfield

Casual done to perfection.

Jordan Firstman

I guess he just got back from Costa Rica

Eddie Redmayne

Katharine Ross and Sam Elliott

Victoria Imperioli and Michael Imperioli
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Patricia Arquette

Lisa Ann Walter

Well done. She's full figured and this gown is perfection for this "Abbott" actor

Denny Directo

Different done well. It's a bit casual but it works.

Zendaya

This is the gown everyone is talking about. I think Zendaya is the only person who could pull it off. I appreciate all the work that went into creating the gown but I really don't like it.

Here's the link to the site. It started acting up so I stopped trying to post more.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/sag-awa ... et-fashion
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is my best dressed woman from last night. She's dressed age appropriately, hair and makeup are perfection, and the gown suits her.

Sheryl Lee Ralph

Janelle James

Well done. It's hard to pull of a very feminine gown like this and I think she does it.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:21 pm What was the idea behind this gown? What was the designer trying to say?
I like French fries.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:31 am
ti-amie wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:21 pm What was the idea behind this gown? What was the designer trying to say?
I like French fries.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:27 pm Image
Malcolm D. Lee
LEON BENNETT, GETTY IMAGES FOR BET

"Mr. Johnson" from Abbott Elementary. Off the rack on a big man. The cast of that show will get better when it comes to red carpets.

Assuming that there wasn't a photo missing, thought I'd clarify, that Malcolm Lee is not Mr. Johnson from Abbott Elementary. He's the director of the Best Man movies, Girls Trip, and several others.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

My bad. Sorry sir.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm old enough to remember when it was almost a piece of cake to buy tickets for big name stars. Now I can only imagine what AI could do this already toxic situation. Remember what artists would simply add additional shows if demand was so high?
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

It's almost like Pearl Jam was 100% correct about them back in the 90s and when nothing was done then, they only got worse.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Wait "Succession" was pulling punches?!

‘Succession’ stops pulling punches in its final season
With an end in sight, the HBO hit breaks out of rinse-and-repeat mode but remains wickedly delightful

Review by Lili Loofbourow

Brian Cox as Logan Roy in Season 4 of HBO's “Succession.” (Macall B. Polay/HBO)

It’s hard to discuss the upcoming season without spoilers, but this glimpse of something like regret in Logan Roy is new. So is the sense that we are finally, after several seasons spent in an admittedly entertaining rut (with Jeremy Strong’s Kendall rebelling against his dad again only to lose again, break down again, bounce back again, rebel again …) entering a period of high-stakes, irreversible change.

When Logan announced last season that he was selling Waystar RoyCo, the family business, to GoJo CEO Lukas Matsson (Alexander Skarsgard), he didn’t just end the contest for the crown that powered the series; he killed the very idea of a Roy dynasty. No kingdom to rule over means no king. That’s a shocking development, only one of many. By rather unstrategically rejecting all his children (well, the three contenders), Logan provoked them to finally unite. Despite some necessary table-setting, therefore, the fourth season is poised to be the show’s best.

What repetitions we do get (and there are several, including a Pierce family subplot) feel pointed and productive. Logan’s party, for instance, rhymes in spirit if not style with Kendall’s 40th birthday fete, which culminated in him weeping over the gifts from his children he couldn’t find in the piles of loot from near-strangers. It also reprises Logan’s fateful birthday party from the pilot, which — even if it ended with Logan hospitalized — had him surrounded by family.

While Logan sulks, Shiv (Sarah Snook), Kendall and Roman (Kieran Culkin) have joined up after being simultaneously clobbered by, well, everyone. They’re “working,” which here means pooh-poohing graphic design ideas other people have come up with for a new media entity they want to launch called “The Hundred.” Kendall describes it as “Substack meets MasterClass meets the Economist meets the New Yorker.”

This is the state of play: As Logan prepares for a life after Waystar, his three younger kids have gathered to build something new, freed at last from their father’s sick need to pit them against one another.

(...)

The fourth season doesn’t (at least in the four episodes critics received) break out of that rarefied mode; we will not be litigating the consequences to the public of Roydom and its excesses. This is not that kind of show.

“Smart people know what they are,” Logan tells one of his children this season. This series is smart, and it knows what it is. If it remains narrowly and unapologetically focused on the callow miseries of its billionaires, it is finally, after spinning its wheels for several seasons, ready to push its premise to the breaking point.

Despite how timidly and how often this show about movers and shakers has retreated from any truly irreversible change to its glitzy status quo, “Succession’s” final season has a vision it at least — and at last — has the guts to execute.

Succession (10 episodes) returns Sunday, March 26, on HBO. New episodes air weekly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tv/2023/ ... on-review/
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

This is old, but I find these two very funny :)

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Zendaya and stylist Law Roach buried the hatchet it seems and collaborated on one of the best red carpet looks this year in India.

Sound on full screen.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

More from Zendaya on the same red carpet

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65322821

Egyptians complaining that a black actress has been cast as Cleopatra. They are probably right that Cleopatra was white, but does it really matter so much 2,000 years later?
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Suliso wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:21 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65322821

Egyptians complaining that a black actress has been cast as Cleopatra. They are probably right that Cleopatra was white, but does it really matter so much 2,000 years later?
I do think they're billing this series as historically accurate in which case it kind of makes sense to complain, but, of course, it should then be a Greek Macedonian instead anyway, rather than an Arabic Egyptian.