The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

I hope everyone has fun with these pics. I'm glad more people are participating too. There is no right or wrong fashion opinion.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:46 pm
Photo: Getty Images
Keke Palmer in Sergio Hudson and Stuart Weitzman shoes
Not on theme but like Mindy Kaling she looks beautiful

FWIW, I'd say she is on theme and so was Mindy and anyone else who went this route. Some people went with Karl's personal style, but many more with his designs. The exhibit is far and away more about his designs than his personal style, so anything that is inspired by that is on theme. And these structural gowns very much fall in line with being inspired by some of his designs at Chanel.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 pm
Lizzo in Chanel and Jimmy Choo shoes
There was a lot of Chanel because Lagerfeld at one point ran the House

This is another example. This isn't just Chanel, it's a design that is a near carbon copy of a Lagerfeld runway design when he ran Chanel. So, just saying, there's much more here on theme than I think most would think. Now, it being worn by Lizzo is not on theme and it's hilarious and he would've hated it and that is just fabulous. His work may be deserving of this attention, but the man is not.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:43 am
ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 pm
Lizzo in Chanel and Jimmy Choo shoes
There was a lot of Chanel because Lagerfeld at one point ran the House

This is another example. This isn't just Chanel, it's a design that is a near carbon copy of a Lagerfeld runway design when he ran Chanel. So, just saying, there's much more here on theme than I think most would think. Now, it being worn by Lizzo is not on theme and it's hilarious and he would've hated it and that is just fabulous. His work may be deserving of this attention, but the man is not.

She put a picture on her intagram of posing in this gown while eating fries, she knows what she's doing

Post by JazzNU »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:11 pm
She put a picture on her Instagram of posing in this gown while eating fries, she knows what she's doing
Oh I saw it and I loved it. I didn't expect so much crystal clear shade and FUs out of people, but was happy to see them.
Last edited by JazzNU on Wed May 03, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:12 pm
Stella McCartney in Stella McCartney
If her last name wasn't McCartney would she have a fashion career?
No. I mean, maybe she'd have a small time career with like a boutique right outside of London, but that's about it.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:18 pm
Anna Wintour in Chanel and Bill Nighy
It looks like she is a dress on a mannequin in a store :)
ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:29 pm
Dr. Dre in Burberry
I probably missed it but I've never seen Dr Dre at one of these before. The suit is tailored to perfection but couldn't the shirt cuffs extend just a bit past the sleeves of his suit jacket?
I'm terrible at recognizing most of these people but I don't know if I ever would have figured out this was Dr. Dre.
ti-amie wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:40 pm I hope everyone has fun with these pics. I'm glad more people are participating too. There is no right or wrong fashion opinion.
I'm definitely having fun but I have no real opinions as 95% of these look crazy to me :) But I'm not into any of the fashion stuff.
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

A few additional looks that weren't posted. Here are a few men.

P. Diddy was especially necessary to post, I think he got lost in the shuffle early on, but I saw many who thought he belonged in the best dressed category for the night. Inspired by the Chanel Rose like many other designs of the night.

Harvey Guillen in Christian Siriano. It looks better to me when he's in motion, Harvey clearly loved it. Christian posted photos of it and I think it captured the feel of the outfit more.

Jack Harlow in Tommy Hillfiger. Choices were made, none of them seemingly good. Next time Jack, he usually gets raved about, but this was a miss.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in custom Thom Browne.

Stormzy in Burberry. Burberry went with a blue and black for all their designs, most with this rose motif.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I love how Stormzy is wearing that Burberry suit.
I agree that seeing Harvey Guillen in motion changes the way the outfit looks. He was on the FU train too. Thank you Siriano.

Thom Browne was everywhere last night and mostly in a good way. I love how Shai is wearing the ensemble.

I guess Jack Harlow thought he was going to the Grammy's.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

And a few women

Dua Lipa in vintage Chanel and among many's best dressed of the night. She was one of the Met co-chairs. She's also wearing a massive Tiffany diamond that got loads of attention.

Olivia Wilde in a Chloe dress that is a vintage Lagerfeld design. Karl designed for Chloe before he was with Chanel.

Yara Shahidi in custom Jean Paul Gaultier. Very nice tribute that doesn't copy most other looks of the night, with the corset gown with pearl detailing, that's very Chanel couture under Lagerfeld.

Devon Aoki in custom Jeremy Scott. Devon was one of Lagerfeld's muses.

Speaking of how questionable Stella McCartney designs are...Aubrey Plaza in this...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:49 pm And a few women

Dua Lipa in vintage Chanel and among many's best dressed of the night. She was one of the Met co-chairs. She's also wearing a massive Tiffany diamond that got loads of attention.

Olivia Wilde in a Chloe dress that is a vintage Lagerfeld design. Karl designed for Chloe before he was with Chanel.

Yara Shahidi in custom Jean Paul Gaultier. Very nice tribute that doesn't copy most other looks of the night, with the corset gown with pearl detailing, that's very Chanel couture under Lagerfeld.

Devon Aoki in custom Jeremy Scott. Devon was one of Lagerfeld's muses.

Speaking of how questionable Stella McCartney designs are...Aubrey Plaza in this...
I couldn't decide if I liked Dua Lipa's gown because of the fringe at the hem. Otherwise she looks wonderful.

It was good to see mature women like Devon Aoki and Naomi Campbell there. Ironically Naomi wore pink too.

I love the bodice of Yaha Shahidi's outfit. It's the rest of it I can't stand.

As for Stella McCartney that little boutique around the way that's struggling to draw customers would've terminated her contract by now.

Post by JazzNU »

Here's a link to the Met Gala exhibit. There are some images from Karl Lagerfeld's designs for anyone interested that is unfamiliar with his work. There are different elements of his designs and examples with associated years.

https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/a ... ted-images

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Bulgari, the jeweler that most of us can't even afford to buy a plain gold band from (if they make such a thing) put on an event in Venice. The stars were Priyanka Chopra, Anne Hathaway, Zendaya and Lisa from the Kpop group Blackpink. They all look stunning.

(Yes I do have a problem with the bodice of Zendaya's gown)

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Better

With Blackpink's Lisa
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

"Starting from the affordable $500,000..."
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem