With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tiny is Indicted Quatrième fois/Fourth Time

News and commentary on trials, the law, and expert opinions about legal systems
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Tiny is Indicted Quatrième fois/Fourth Time

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Read the full text of the Trump Georgia indictment document

By Washington Post Staff
August 14, 2023 at 11:02 p.m. EDT

The fourth indictment against former president Donald Trump was released Monday. Trump and 18 others were criminally charged in Georgia in connection with efforts to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 victory in the state.

The released indictment below details the 13 counts Trump faces, include violating the Georgia Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, conspiring to commit forgery in the first degree and conspiring to file false documents.

This is the pdf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/document ... e_manual_5

RICO
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

well done, Georgia! i hear he cannot be pardoned even by the Governor, and will have to serve 5 years before he can be pardoned even by the parole board! This is the big one.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

All these indictments have the feel of being pretty airtight. None of these people had any concept a few years ago they'd be spending their later years of life in jail. I'd like to be there for their sentencing so I could laugh loudly at them. The gop brings the worst out in me.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:58 pm All these indictments have the feel of being pretty airtight. None of these people had any concept a few years ago they'd be spending their later years of life in jail. I'd like to be there for their sentencing so I could laugh loudly at them. The gop brings the worst out in me.
ETTD

They don't think he'll do to them what he's done to others. I don't feel sorry for any of them. If they didn't learn from what he did to Michael Cohen that's on them.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Newly appointed Judge Scott McAfee gets Trump criminal case in Georgia

By Yvonne Wingett Sanchez
August 15, 2023 at 2:13 p.m. EDT

One of the newest judges on the Fulton County Superior Court bench, Scott McAfee, has been assigned the sprawling racketeering case that charges former president Donald Trump and 18 allies with scheming to undo Trump’s 2020 election defeat in Georgia and elsewhere.

McAfee, a lifelong Georgian who lives in Atlanta, was nominated to fill a vacancy on the bench earlier this year by Gov. Brian Kemp (R), who had previously praised McAfee as “a tough prosecutor” who could “bring those to justice who break the law.”

Though McAfee was assigned the case soon after the indictment was handed up on Monday evening, it could be transferred to a different judge later in the process.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee. (Superior Court of Fulton County)

McAfee has worked off and on in the public realm for more than a decade, including eight years as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Justice Department in the Northern District of Georgia, where he prosecuted drug trafficking organizations, fraud and illegal firearms possession, according to a March 2021 news release from Kemp’s office. McAfee also worked on the state level as an assistant district attorney in Fulton County, where he handled many felony cases, from armed robbery to murder, the news release said.

Before he became a judge, McAfee served as the Georgia inspector general under Kemp, investigating claims of fraud, waste and abuse in the executive branch of state government.

As a judge, he has previously allowed video of court proceedings to air online, including on a YouTube channel that bears his name and title. He speaks to attorneys and defendants with a hint of a Southern drawl, the channel shows, and an American flag stands behind his chair on an elevated bench.

A father of two, McAfee earned his law degree from the University of Georgia. He plays the cello and majored in music as an undergraduate at Emory University in Atlanta.

McAfee is running for election to a full four-year term in 2024, according to his campaign website. Judicial elections in Georgia are nonpartisan. McAfee’s priorities include clearing a backlog of cases that piled up during the pandemic and holding violent offenders accountable.

“I look forward to continuing my service as your Fulton Superior Court Judge, delivering timely justice for all,” his website said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... rump-case/
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:58 pm All these indictments have the feel of being pretty airtight. None of these people had any concept a few years ago they'd be spending their later years of life in jail. I'd like to be there for their sentencing so I could laugh loudly at them. The gop brings the worst out in me.
The worst? Sounds like pretty rational behavior to me :thumbsup:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Here’s what to know about prosecutor Nathan Wade
By Ben Brasch

Fulton County prosecutor Nathan J. Wade, center, stands beside Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis as she speaks during a news conference at the Fulton County Government building on Monday in Atlanta. (Joshua Lott/The Washington Post)

Fulton County prosecutor Nathan J. Wade has been a right-hand man for Fulton District Attorney Fani T. Willis and is expected to be key in prosecuting indicted former president Donald Trump and his 18 allies.

But Wade’s background does not indicate that he has an expertise with complex racketeering cases. The biography on his law firm’s website suggests that his experience includes personal injury cases, family law, contract disputes and civil litigation.

The biography describes him as “a former prosecutor and natural born trial attorney.”

The Fulton DA’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Wade’s experience trying racketeering cases. Fulton County has paid Wade’s law firm more than $475,000 since 2022, according to the county’s data portal.

Wade has been an attorney since 1999, according to Georgia Bar records.

He served for a decade as an associate municipal court judge in Marietta — the county seat of one of metro Atlanta’s most populated areas, Cobb County. Such judges usually handle city ordinance violations and misdemeanors.

Wade mounted multiple unsuccessful runs for a seat on the bench of the Cobb County Superior Court before Willis brought him on to help with the election investigation.

A cached version of his campaign website shed light on his legal viewpoint.

“Nathan asserts that the American system of justice is the best in the world when each individual branch of government is functioning properly and performing its designed duty,” the website reads. “Nathan upholds the tenet that judges are not authorized to legislate from the bench but rather enforce the current state of all applicable laws without prejudice or bias.”

When Marietta Mayor Steve “Thunder” Tumlin appointed Wade in January 2010, he made Wade the first Black male judge for the Marietta Municipal Court, reported the Marietta Daily Journal at the time.

Now, he works for the first Black woman to serve as district attorney in Fulton — the most populated county in Georgia and the heart of Atlanta — as they prosecute Trump and others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... on-county/

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Are mug shots available to the public?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:23 am Are mug shots available to the public?
As I understand it, yes.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So. Waiting for the Memes?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:33 pm So. Waiting for the Memes?
They've already started. I'm trying my best to stay off of Xitter.
(The X is pronounced as 'sh')
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:38 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:33 pm So. Waiting for the Memes?
They've already started. I'm trying my best to stay off of Xitter.
(The X is pronounced as 'sh')
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Teri Kanefield
@Teri_Kanefield@law-and-politics.online
Willis's proposed scheduling order is here:

"In light of Defendant Donald John Trump’s other criminal and civil matters pending in the courts of our sister sovereigns. . ."

Arraignment: September 5

The final pretrial conference: February 20, 2024.

The trial shall commence on March 4, 2024.

Trump's dance card is getting full. Popular guy. He's wanted in so many jurisdiction.