Rune
No votes

Total votes: 10

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Turin. World Tour Finals (ATP)

Post by ti-amie »

^ No lies seen.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ashkor87 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:33 am
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:35 am Using the exact numbers of 0%, is not subjective though. You can say something has a 40% chance and sure that can be subjective.

But not 0% :D

If I have 100 cookies, eat most of them but not all, I don't say I have "0% of my cookies left."
I suggest we take this offline..not to be rude, but I imagine people on this forum are fed up with this little debate.
... But if you guys DON'T accept the premise that the future is unpredictable, and that everything has a 50% chance of occurring and a 50% chance of not occurring, then this from PBS 'Nova' might help you to resolve your conflict...

Discover How the Concepts of Zero and Infinity Revolutionized Mathematics

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Oh I definitely say it's unpredictable, that's why I cringe whenever I see something listed as a 0% possibility. Even seeing a 0.1% would mentally calm me down.

Unless something is truly zero percent chance of happening. For example, I had a 0% chance of winning in Turin this week.
:steven:
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Ruud reminds me of Ferrer...quick, small, light, feisty...hope he can do better than Ferrer did, at winning a big one...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

First match I have been able to watch..Nadal vs Ruud..Nadal is trying out all kinds of things- serve and volley even..Ruud had a brain freeze at 5-6 in the first set, player horrendously..
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Nadal changed his return position for every match this week. And today, he went for 14 aces, which is an inordinate number for him. Quite high.
I think he wanted to ensure he starts next year as #2, to be properly seeded at the Aussie, and wanted those 200 points to stop Tsitsipas from overtaking him.
Also, as he had no pressure today, he seemed a bit looser.
Let's see who joins Ruud. I say FAA, and he would have a bit more chance against Novak. A tiny bit.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:32 pm Nadal changed his return position for every match this week. And today, he went for 14 aces, which is an inordinate number for him. Quite high.
16 aces.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

The match was pretty even - until Fritz stepped it up in the 3rd. Felix had a bit of a letdown at the same time... but that was largely because Fritz wasn't missing - he wasn't letting up, just kept the pressure on Felix.
Well done.

The other match was a match without any significant consequences - Nadal was already out, and Ruud had already won his group, by virtue of his wins over Felix and Fritz. You have to wonder if these matches that have absolutely no bearing in the tournament should even be played. There is always the risk of injury - which would be a shame in a useless match - and, as well, there is the very real possibility that one or both players won't be giving 100% - and when that's the case, what is the use of playing the match?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

No player could survive the combined jinx of both Suliso and I picking him as the winner. No one!
A good match by Fritz. I don't know how much of a fight he can give Novak.
So, Novak's laughter probably can be heard in Belgrade already. To win this, he ONLY has to beat Fritz and whomever comes alive between Ruud and the cadaver of Tsitsipas/Rublev.
Piece of cannoli.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

From watching Nadal vs Ruud, it seems to me Nadal is staying closer to the baseline not because he is trying to be more aggressive, but because the balls are not coming through..the bounce is low and pace is not fast..so players have to go to the ball..and Nadal is a great volleyer anyway so he is not afraid to go to the net...
Fritz is doing well because the court is slow ...his own lack of speed doesn't hurt him, neither does the speed of people like FAA get them much advantage .
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ashkor87 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:35 pm From watching Nadal vs Ruud, it seems to me Nadal is staying closer to the baseline not because he is trying to be more aggressive, but because the balls are not coming through..the bounce is low and pace is not fast..so players have to go to the ball..and Nadal is a great volleyer anyway so he is not afraid to go to the net...
Fritz is doing well because the court is slow ...his own lack of speed doesn't hurt him, neither does the speed of people like FAA get them much advantage .
It's interesting that you say that because the commentators the other day were saying this is the fastest hard court event of the year.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Friday, November 18, 2022 Day 6

Centre Court Starts At 11:30 Am

RR
(1)
Wesley Koolhof/Neal Skupski VS (5) Ivan Dodig/Austin Krajicek
Not Before 2:00 Pm
RR
(4) Daniil Medvedev VS (7) Novak Djokovic
Not Before 6:30 Pm
RR
(4) Nikola Mektic/Mate Pavic VS (8) Thanasi Kokkinakis/Nick Kyrgios
Not Before 9:00 Pm
RR
(2) Stefanos Tsitsipas VS (6) Andrey Rublev