2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool: Ask Questions Here

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool: Ask Questions Here

Post by dave g »

If you have any questions about the Australian Open Suicide Pool, post it in this thread and we'll answer it as soon as we can!
kknudsen Canada

Re: 2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool: As Question Here

Post by kknudsen »

Hi there, I made my first pick in the men's pool - I used the google forms link and I do not see my pick in the thread. I did it a second time to see if I had made a mistake the first time - and it is not in the thread. Does it take some time for the picks to show in the thread? Just want to figure out the new system. Thanks Kerri
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

You will not see the picks appear in this thread until Dave processes the picks.
Worry not. FORMS is very reliable.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

kknudsen wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:59 pm Hi there, I made my first pick in the men's pool - I used the google forms link and I do not see my pick in the thread. I did it a second time to see if I had made a mistake the first time - and it is not in the thread. Does it take some time for the picks to show in the thread? Just want to figure out the new system. Thanks Kerri
No. The picks will not show up in the thread. Once you fill out the form and hit submit, it will be recorded into the database. Somewhat unfortunately, the only person who can see what is in the database is me.
If you have successfully entered a pick into the form, the form should give the following response:

"Your response has been recorded.
Submit another response"

If and only if you do not get this message, should you post your pick on the pick thread.
jlakei

Re: 2021 Australian Open Suicide Draw Pool: Ask Questions Here

Post by jlakei »

If applicable, do we paste the seed number or just the name?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Only names, jlakei. As written down in the first post of this topic.

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

jlakei wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:09 pm If applicable, do we paste the seed number or just the name?
Just the name, but there will be no problem if you include the seeding. I will need to sort the picks alphabetically, so that the seed number at the end will not cause any problems.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

First, thanks for doing this. :) It's a lot of fun and I know it's a lot of work on. your parts!! So thanks to all who are volunteering their time. I really appreciate it.

Second, before we used to be able to see our picks in our messages. Now we can't. My memory sucks these days. Should I be writing down my picks so I 1. remember who to root for
2. remember who not to pick again?

Thanks.

Kevin

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

dmforever wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:54 pm First, thanks for doing this. :) It's a lot of fun and I know it's a lot of work on. your parts!! So thanks to all who are volunteering their time. I really appreciate it.

Second, before we used to be able to see our picks in our messages. Now we can't. My memory sucks these days. Should I be writing down my picks so I 1. remember who to root for

Thanks.

Kevin
Actually, "no". Once play starts, I will compile the picks. On Day 1, one of the first things I will do is create the "___ Picks and Results" threads which will start out listing all of the contestants and their Day 1 picks. So, about an hour after the first match starts, you should be able to read the list of your picks in the "___ Picks and Results" threads. Starting on Day 2, I will start with the number of picks for each tennis player post, which will mean that I might not get the "___ Picks and Results threads updated until 1.5-2.0 hours after the first match starts.

However, you might still want to keep you own list of who you have picked. I do. If you ever forget who you have picked, you can check the picks listed in the "___ Picks and Results" threads.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

dmforever wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:54 pm First, thanks for doing this. :) It's a lot of fun and I know it's a lot of work on. your parts!! So thanks to all who are volunteering their time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Kevin
Write them down, Kevin. We will get 99.9% of all of this right.
But that 0.01%..... you really would not want to be that person, right? ;)
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

I'm not worried about my entry not being counted or seen. I"m just worried about not being able to see them up somewhere so I can check for myself. Thanks. :)

Kevin