by PeterSkan Hi Everyone -

Thanks for your patience. We ran into a few snags with the data upload protocols, but ponchi101 has singled out the bug like a star! So here we go

Round 1 Standings

Almost everyone has a fully intact team. The only losing picks in R1 were Berrettini and Kasatkina [badly], plus the Kyrgios walkover. Scores are significantly better than USO Skan R1. Oploskoffie occupies top spot with 317 points, whereas at the USO it was ptmcmahon with 266.
In second, also with over 300 pts is Motobass, and Led14pa2 rounds out the R1 podium at 286 pts.

by PeterSkan Round 2 is in the books. Fingers crossed we're out of the snag zone. Standings follow ... Oploskoffie holds the lead but now just by the slimmest of margins over motobass. It's neck and neck, with CrossCourtBH lurking. Top five teams are still fully intact, but that's a big difference from R1. Lots of casualties in R2. Meanwhile, I am having probably my worst SKAN ever, mired in last place with only two players left after just two rounds. Ugh ...

by patrick Where is link to website?

by texasniteowl whoa! just checked the website. How did I move up to 3rd!?! I guess Medvedev hurt a lot of people?

by ponchi101 Lots of us had him. Uhm...

by PeterSkan No change atop the leader board for R3. So many have both Nole & Iga as top seeds on their teams it's going to come down to the also-rans. That means looking past the next highest group of picks [11 Tsitsipas, 11 Sabalenka, and 7 Pegula] down to

Gauff (4)
Garcia (3)
Rune (3)
Felix AA (2)

These are the ones that could very well tip the scale ...

by PeterSkan Probably should have included Bencic, with five, as a possible Queen-maker. She's had solid results lately. The others still in play are

Krejcikova (2)
Rybakina (2)

Plus RSkan has Zhang, but with only women left, RSkan has no chance lol
Mind you, if Zhang does well and Iga & Nole fail, I might well finish behind RSkan in last. The Shame. The Outrage ...

by texasniteowl Yeah, tonight's matches will be interesting to see who comes through! Swiatek (v. Rybakina), Gauff (v. Ostapenko), and Pegula v. Krejcikova. And then, from the bottom half, will either Garcia or Sabalenka come through.

by PeterSkan With so much attrition I was surprised to see the AO scores so much better than the 2022 USO at the same stage. INterestingly, the difference is in domination points. Teams at this SKAN are reaping the benefits of some one-sided matches.

In any any event, the leaderboard remains largely unchanged. As per usual, RSkan has tumbled to the bottom, giving me a modest reprieve.

by PeterSkan Crazily, there are only five picks left in play:

ATP: Tsitsipas/Djokovic

WTA: Pegula/Sabalenka/Rybakina

The top three Skanners each have four of them on their teams ...

by ponchi101 I needed Rune and Bencic to progress. But, we know what happened.

by texasniteowl Well...I went with Garcia and Krejcikova instead of Sabalenka/Pegula...so, yeah...

by PeterSkan Quarter-final Standings:

The top 6 contestants all have Djokovic/Sabalenka/Tsitsipas in various combinations, so atbest there might be some minor jockeying of position through to the end.

Lurking in the wiongs, though, is daveg with Rybakina & Djokovic. A Rybakina victory will vault him up the standings - maybe not enough to claim the trophy, but worth keepig an eye on.

by Oploskoffie I usually don't root against any player, and I refuse to start now, but.... It's taken me over ten years to get to this point, so GO MAGDA!

(but I think Aryna will win, which should do the trick for motobass ;))

by motobass I'd like to see Magda win too... Go Sabalenka!

by PeterSkan Semi-final Standings ...

motobass has inched into the lead. He and Oploskoffie both have Djokovic [seed 1] and Sabalenka. Oploskoffie has Sab as Seed 3 while motobass has her as 2nd seed. So Oploskoffie has a chance at the SKAN if Sab loses by more than a five game differential. And even a tie is possible, which would be the first in the history of the SKAN, if memory serves me right.

by PeterSkan Final Standings

Congrats to motobass on winning the 2023 AO SKAN, and to Oploskoffie and Led14pa2 for snagging silver and bronze, respectively. Well done! Your medals will be awarded in short order by TAT.

The winning team was:

Manager: motobass
Team Name: The Teaminator
D=996 |V=1580 |Q=147 |

Roster: (rank_sum=32)
ATP#5 Djokovic 1004
WTA#5 Sabalenka 881
ATP#8 Medvedev (r3) 110
WTA#3 Pegula (r5) 234
ATP#4 Tsitsipas (r7) 415
WTA#7 Gauff (r4) 79

Actually, Oploskoffie had the same players, but in a different seeding that left them just shy of motobass' total.

Here are the final standings ...

by Omegadoom Congrats to Motobass on your victory, and to Oploskoffie and Led14pa2 as well. Very close finish!

Many thanks to PeterSkan for running this contest! It was fun, like always!

by ponchi101 I join in the congratulations. Very well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Your medals will be awarded TOMORROW, Monday 30th, as I need to do some updates before the software will run. Come back after that to check your medal chest. :thumbsup:

by Oploskoffie Congratulations, motobass!! :D And well done Led14pa2 as well, of course ;) Great fun to have such a close finish! (and to actually come this close for the first time...)

by led14pa2 Congrats motobass and Oploskoffie! I've been playing this game for over 15 years and have never seen the top 2 be this close. Thanks for running it, Peter!

by motobass Thanks everyone! And congrats to Oploskoffie and Led14pa2!! Thanks for running this again Peter.

by patrick Has this contest been set up for the French?

by ponchi101
patrick wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:39 am Has this contest been set up for the French?
We have not heard from PeterSkan in a while. I hope he will show up tomorrow because, otherwise...

by ponchi101 I will move this last posts to a standalone topic, as PeterSkan requests.