'23 AO Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: '23 AO Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Post by ponchi101 »

nelslus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:11 am ...

Very slight chance for Tsitsipas (assuming he can get into the final) Novax upset, very, very slight chance for Rublev. Negative zero chances for the rest (still love ya, Ben!!)

Alternate thought: Novax one step closer to 28-plus singles Slam titles.
Yep. Two this year = 23, two next = 25, two in 2025 = 27. Add a gratuitous one somewhere, 28.
Unless Carlitos matures out of his Calvin Klein's faster than we expect.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: '23 AO Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:49 am I hope the doctor told him that continuing to play can't cause any damage to his wrist, because this isn't making a lot of sense to me otherwise. Even more confused why his box seemingly telling him to finish the match. I hope they've gotten more info than we are aware of right now. Wrist injuries are nothing to play with.

ETA: Thank goodness, Sebi just retired. Not worth it to maybe put the rest of your season in jeopardy (or longer - ask Thiem and Delpo).
I had the match on mute and was surprised when I checked in to find that Korda had retired. Thanks for the details.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein