The Evolution Of The Game

Our main board to talk about our sport
Ainsley United States of America

The Evolution Of The Game

Post by Ainsley »

It is obvious that the game of tennis has progressed over the past decades. The technology of the racquets, balls, and even the courts have changed over the years. We have computers calling lines in most matches and the fitness levels of the players have even changed.

I am wondering if y'all feel in the next 10 years there will be even more change within the game. Maybe more tournaments or maybe players deciding to play in less tournaments throughout the season. Will the point/rankings system be adjusted to take into consideration different court surfaces and other such measures?

What things do you think will change within the game in the next 10 years or so, if anything?
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The Evolution Of The Game

Post by dave g »

Electronic line calling will become an increasing part of the game, and players will start adding computer programmers to their team to help them find a way to hack the electronic line calling equipment to get more calls in their favor. ;)

Post by Ainsley »

dave g wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:34 am Electronic line calling will become an increasing part of the game, and players will start adding computer programmers to their team to help them find a way to hack the electronic line calling equipment to get more calls in their favor. ;)
I also see computers becoming way more involved in the game. Whether that be with coaching or even in match coaching. The coaches already have at their disposal their phones , but I would not be surprised in the near future they will have computers with all the minute to minute stats and shot analysis of the game for the coach to analyze and give tips to their player while on court.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

You are late. At the Aussie, I forget who was the player but his team had a real time analyst in his box.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Ainsley »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:52 am You are late. At the Aussie, I forget who was the player but his team had a real time analyst in his box.
Definitely more and more players will be leaning that way in the next couple of years.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

... And eventually, all matches will be played remotely on video screens while the players are relaxing in the comfort of their luxurious mansions...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ainsley wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:14 am
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:52 am You are late. At the Aussie, I forget who was the player but his team had a real time analyst in his box.
Definitely more and more players will be leaning that way in the next couple of years.
It will, as much as I would hope it will not. Not only you will accept on court coaching, you will accept on court coaching from multiple coaches.
The sport will be less for that, and the player will have one more escape clause: "My coach told me to go into Djokovic's BH again and again that's why I lost".
No longer a one-on-one sport.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Ainsley »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:47 pm
Ainsley wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:14 am
It will, as much as I would hope it will not. Not only you will accept on court coaching, you will accept on court coaching from multiple coaches.
The sport will be less for that, and the player will have one more escape clause: "My coach told me to go into Djokovic's BH again and again that's why I lost".
No longer a one-on-one sport.
I agree with you. Getting some coaching in my 4 years during high school from my coach during my matches is one thing and I also feel college players should be allowed in match coaching and also Junior players. The professional players however have developed their games to a point where I think they should know those things or at least have done the work prior to playing an opponent to be fully prepared for a match.