ATP M1000 Monte Carlo 4/9 - 4/16 2023

To talk about both tours
Deuce Canada

Re: ATP M1000 Monte Carlo 4/9 - 4/16 2023

Post by Deuce »

Give me a break, Owen... It's as obvious as can be that some of you are absolutely focussing on and targeting Rune so that no matter what he does, you'll see it with a critical eye.
That hitting the ball back and 'almost hitting' Sinner was completely benign. Those of us who actually play the game know that that kind of thing happens several times in every match, and it's a nothing thing. Yet some people jumped all over it - because Rune has become a favourite punching bag for some... as I said, these "non-judgemental" (ha ha) people have decided that no matter what Rune does, it's terrible, and so they'll find something to criticize him for even if he helps an old lady cross the street.

These people divide the world up into villains and victims - everyone is one or the other, and they decide who is who based on whatever suits them. And these same people are the very first ones to object very loudly when someone they like is criticized, calling for 'tolerance', 'non-judgementalism', an end to 'hating', etc., etc.
The hypocrisy is as blatant as it is consistent and sickening.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I'm only speaking to hitting balls into the stands which is unsportsmanlike conduct, according to the rules. Unsportsmanlike conduct is a legitimate reason to criticize. No one gets to criticize Borna, no one. :ax
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Very happy for Rublev :) First saw him in person in US Open juniors in maybe 2013... there was some racquet throwing maybe. It's been a long journey watching him come up. So glad he's turned out endearing off court as well.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mmmm8 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 am Very happy for Rublev :) First saw him in person in US Open juniors in maybe 2013... there was some racquet throwing maybe. It's been a long journey watching him come up. So glad he's turned out endearing off court as well.
He throws racquets. Yes. And he smashes balls. But he throws racquets at his feet, and when he smashes balls, he does so into the court. You can tell he is simply handling that pressure in that way. Not sterling behavior, but he keeps it there.
I gather we can't expect all players to be Elena Rybakina. I would love it, but I know I would be in a minority.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

So are we just full on insulting fellow forum members in prominent tournament-focused threads now?
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

JTContinental wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:00 pm So are we just full on insulting fellow forum members in prominent tournament-focused threads now?
.....I'd comment further. But, apparently- I'm a troll.

#FightTheRealTrolls

:gorgeous:
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I see no insults - just simply calling out very blatant hypocrisy with facts.
Where were you when a forum member blatantly called John Isner a "racist"?
Oh yeah... that's right... that's permitted - by some. Of course.
Exactly what I'm referring to.
Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 am Very happy for Rublev :) First saw him in person in US Open juniors in maybe 2013... there was some racquet throwing maybe. It's been a long journey watching him come up. So glad he's turned out endearing off court as well.
He has a great personality. I'm glad he's finally moving forward again. Seemed to be stalled for awhile.

Post by JTContinental »

Editing to : nevermind
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Cry me a river, JT... (I read your insulting, provocative post before you so conveniently deleted it).
You have very directly targeted me several times with your very personal insults - which is fine by me. Notice that the ONLY times I ever post anything about you is in direct response to you targeting me. I have never initiated - it has been you who initiates every time.
What I object to is your blatant hypocrisy in allowing yourself to initiate insults of me personally on several occasions (as if you're on a 'mission' of sorts), and then turn around and tell me that I can't call hypocrisy on anyone when I see it (which was also on topic).
I also post far more direct tennis content here than you do.

Going even further by accusing me of all sorts of things and very strategically painting me as the devil incarnate in your latest post in an obviously desperate attempt to win yourself 'supporters' and turn people against me is just plain classless.

I'm sorry, but your expectation that everyone be exactly like you is very selfish and unrealistic. I don't like you any more than you like me... but I would never ever tell you that you don't have the right to be who you are.
R.I.P. Amal...

Post by JTContinental »

OK, I lied, I did read it. I've never met you, so I don't know if I like you or not. All I can surmise is from what I see here, and what is see is gross and literally drives people away from this site. And unless "who you are" is "mean to every person on this forum", I truly don't care about anything else.

I deleted my previous post because I don't want to pile on you during this whole incident, but your constant doubling down and deflecting with strawman arguments is alienating to everyone, not just me. I promise.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Yes, JT, I am the devil himself... Now I am "mean to every person on this forum"... sure...
You sure are desperately trying to get votes.
I actually like, respect, and get along with several people here.

Not everyone in life is going to be the person you want them to be, because that's an absurd expectation.

And I figured you'd conveniently ignore the fact that it is ALWAYS YOU who targets and comes after me with your very peraonal insults - I have NEVER initiated anything with you.
Incredible.
R.I.P. Amal...

Post by JTContinental »

This is unproductive. Can we close this thread?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I believe that this topic, unfortunately, has deviated into an area that is not conducive to a civil tennis-related conversation.
As this tournament has also ended, I will lock the topic.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem