Tiny is Indicted Quatrième fois/Fourth Time

News and commentary on trials, the law, and expert opinions about legal systems
Owendonovan United States of America

Re: Tiny is Indicted

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:19 pm
What happens when someone posts pics of his kids, maybe with a little AI help?
Last edited by Owendonovan on Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:23 pm The sideshow fizzled

I'd like to know who paid for her and Anthony George Devolder Santos to go up there, better not be taxpayer money.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

This was completely expected. And WHEN this judge gets smeared by the GOP, no need to even post the TWT or the news. That will logically follow.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It's amazing what entertains Yanks...
I'm really, really hoping that the U.S. gets its sh*t together very soon (yes, I know it's highly unlikely), because the garbage which makes 'news' in the U.S. is beyond ridiculous. That so many people are enthralled and captivated (on both sides) by this idiocy is extremely disturbing.
Of course, this is exactly what people like Trump want - attention. They honestly don't give a damn if the attention is positive or negative - as long as they're in 'the news', and the citizens are lapping it up, they're thrilled.

Worst of all, this feces is leaking into Canada. Up here, all the major TV networks - including the French ones - had live coverage of this Trump indictment garbage.
In Canada!
I've also seen it on the BBC and Al Jazeera!

The U.S. is ruining itself, and has been doing so for decades - that's certainly no secret. But the fact that it's sucking the rest of the world into its idiotic dramas is absolutely pathetic.
Of course, being sucked in is the fault of the news agencies in the other countries - but damn, it is so incredibly disappointing and so frustrating to turn on the TV and not be able to escape the growing American Bullsh*t.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Owendonovan »

He might become president again, and he's awful, and so are his followers. Am I supposed to ignore that?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Yes.

Have you not noticed that the more he is 'objected to', the more attention he gets, and the more popular he becomes? It's incredibly obvious.
Imagine what would happen to him if the media completely ignored him. He would disappear - guaranteed. Because he - and his followers - feed off of attention. It is his only fuel.
It's all a game, and all the media and citizens - on both sides - are mere pawns in the game.

The best way to deal with a bully is to ignore him. Because bullies thrive on reaction and attention. Remove the reaction and attention, and the bully goes away. This is a tried and true successful recipe for dealing with bullies. Trump and his like are exactly the same.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Owendonovan »

Sorry, it's not possible for me to ignore someone that has been denigrating and sometimes legislating against me as part of the LGBTQ community. Turn you back to these kinds people at your own peril. Could the media spend less time on him? Sure, but they don't and won't, they make too much money off him. A more effective way to deal with bullies is to beat the sh*t out of them. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be an option.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:45 pm Sorry, it's not possible for me to ignore someone that has been denigrating and sometimes legislating against me as part of the LGBTQ community. Turn you back to these kinds people at your own peril. Could the media spend less time on him? Sure, but they don't and won't, they make too much money off him. A more effective way to deal with bullies is to beat the sh*t out of them. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be an option.
My looney friend N (the holistic anti-vaxxer) will not discuss politics because "it does not affect him". He seems to believe that ignoring politics is something that people can do, and they can focus on other things.
Which is an incredible position to take when you have to consider that he, like a lot of other Venezuelans, had to leave his country because of the politics there. In 1998, we elected out buffoon, and we now live spread around the world. He lives here in Colombia but his two sons moved to Spain because Venezuela became untenable. He lost his job there, not because of a personal issue, but because the company disappeared. Politics affected his life completely. And this was because not only 3.6 million people voted for Chavez, many more said "don't worry, nothing is going to happen". Another friend of mine, living now in Australia, once told me something along those lines: "I am sure that there were a lot of Germans in 1930 that said that "Nothing is going to happen".
We have already seen what grave damage this buffoon has made to the USA: the structuring of the SCOTUS, the acceptance of violence as a means to reach an end, and the implanted belief that America was better BEFORE. Which we know what that means.
I side with you.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

Throughout history, ignoring evil has always worked out well.
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Yes... all the attention you all are giving Trump and his people certainly seems to be working, huh?
Yup - he has almost completely disappeared, hasn't he? :roll:

Trump is as popular now as he's ever been.
Congratulations.

Two wrongs will never make a right, no matter how hard you try.

(And by the way - the rest of the world is laughing at your country more and more...)
R.I.P. Amal...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 pm Yes... all the attention you all are giving Trump and his people certainly seems to be working, huh?

Congratulations.

(And by the way - the rest of the world is laughing at your country more and more...)
We all know we're a laughing stock now and some of us care. This all started years ago when the News Divisions were no longer separate entities and made part of the Entertainment Divisions of networks. Journalism followed suit.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by Owendonovan »

Deuce wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 pm Yes... all the attention you all are giving Trump and his people certainly seems to be working, huh?

Congratulations.

Like we control the media. (by the way, do you honestly think we don't know how the world views us.....) Some strong generalizations from someone who often goes off on people generalizing.
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

No regular citizen in any country is responsible for what the press and leaders do or don't do. I've never voted in these monsters. Some of us DO give a s h i t. I have worked professionally (as a direct care case manager, staff supervisor and program director) and as a volunteer in the social services since high school- working for the homeless, those in poverty, seniors (well before I was a senior), those with disabilities, ex-offenders, LGBTQI+, etc. I have been on Advisory Councils and Boards. Trying to make a difference.

Anyone focusing on laughing at the USA because of the horrors and disgraces of what Trump, Bush I and Bush II and Reagan have done- I got to live through far too many loved ones dying horrendously from AIDS for many years, for example, and have therefore had my life warped irrevocably- should IMO take a good, hard look inside themselves. And, if you think the evils of racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, xenophobia, etc. reside only in the USA- you are deluded. Obviously, there is a ton of evil out there in the world. Focusing on blaming the USA only will not solve anything.

I swear, I am deeply horrified of what the USA has done throughout its history. And, I sure as h e l l will not be found anywhere shouting out "USA. USA" "patriotic" nonsense. But, I will be g-d a m n ed if I am going to be lumped into some homogenous group of "Americans" and "Yanks"- just as we should not demonize ANY group of people for any reason. (All Russians as an obvious example lately.) This much hasn't been learned yet?

I find any sense of making light, or trying to get off cheap snark over what is deeply painful to many of us is disgraceful. I would really like any anti-any-group bias to be stopped, much less in a freakin' tennis site.
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I think what's going on in Tennessee right now, the jarring difference between the children demonstrating because they want a chance to reach adulthood while the K l a n is throwing duly elected people out of the Legislature because they are on the side of the children and their parents who want to live.

The party formerly known as the GOP has become a performative clown car and it is indeed something to both laugh and cry about.