New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Explaining how the new forum works
Scoob Canada

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by Scoob »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:46 pm Welcome Scoob. Hope you will enjoy the forum?
How did you find us? We are pretty small and obscure, so bumping into us is not totally easy :)
I looked up Top Tennis forums and this forum was listed. What caught my eye about this forum is that it stated it had 30 posts per day on average while most of them had less other than Talk Tennis Warehouse which had the same amount 30 posts on average per day, but they talked a lot about tennis equipment. So I chose this forum.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

We have more than 30 posts per day.
Other tennis forums have way more than 30 posts per day.
Talk Tennis (Warehouse) has way, way, way more than 30 posts per day.
Here we go again?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

Deuce wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:32 am We have more than 30 posts per day.
Here we go again?
I am just telling you what the site said. Here you want to look for yourself?

https://blog.feedspot.com/tennis_forums/
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

Deuce wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:32 am We have more than 30 posts per day.
Here we go again?
I am going to end this right here. I read several posts back that there has been Spam Bot attacks on this site and I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!! I do not appreciate the "Here we go again" comments when you have no clue who I am. I provided the link that I explained to the other member how I came upon this site and you seemed to have thought with your comment that was a bunch of B.S. . Well it was not. As you can see that is exactly what the link said. I also am going to provide a photo of myself with a sign with this forums name on it and that I am a human and my username to prove to you that you should not have made an assumption like you did without even giving me a chance to post even 3 posts on here. I hope this proves to you and to whoever else on here might think I was a Spam Bot. As you can see the letters on the sign are backwards because I took the photo myself. I think you can all read it.

Thank You, Scott(Scoob)

Photo taken down per request of administrator(ponchi101): It has been revealed I am not a Spam Bot and am real.
Last edited by Scoob on Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Welcome Scoob
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

skatingfan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 amWelcome Scoob
Thanks for the welcome.
MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

Welcome Scoob. Please feel free to ignore Deuce. That’s what I do.
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

MJ2004 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:25 am Welcome Scoob. Please feel free to ignore Deuce. That’s what I do. Image
Thanks for the welcome. I just want to move on from the whole thing and talk tennis.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Scoob wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:26 am ...

I am going to end this right here. I read several posts back that there has been Spam Bot attacks on this site and I AM NOT ONE OF THEM!!!! I do not appreciate the "Here we go again" comments when you have no clue who I am. I provided the link that I explained to the other member how I came upon this site and you seemed to have thought with your comment that was a bunch of B.S. . Well it was not. As you can see that is exactly what the link said. I also am going to provide a photo of myself with a sign with this forums name on it and that I am a human and my username to prove to you that you should not have made an assumption like you did without even giving me a chance to post even 3 posts on here. I hope this proves to you and to whoever else on here might think I was a Spam Bot. As you can see the letters on the sign are backwards because I took the photo myself. I think you can all read it.

Thank You, Scott(Scoob)

[...
The photo is not uploading. :)
But do not worry about that. If you ARE a spambot, we will see it soon enough. If you ARE NOT, just feel free to join us in our conversations. As I said above, welcome to the forum, I hope you will interact with the rest of us, and that you will have a good time.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:46 pm The photo is not uploading. :)
But do not worry about that. If you ARE a spambot, we will see it soon enough. If you ARE NOT, just feel free to join us in our conversations. As I said above, welcome to the forum, I hope you will interact with the rest of us, and that you will have a good time.
The photo was uploading last night - I can confirm that Scoob is a real person.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Welcome to the forum, Scoob! We got heavy Canadian representation here, you'll fit right in!
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

skatingfan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:17 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:46 pm The photo is not uploading. :)
The photo was uploading last night - I can confirm that Scoob is a real person.
Unless all us Canadians are bots too ... oops :D

Welcome Scoob, don't be too offended, we've had some bot issues lately.
:steven:
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. Not sure why the photo is not loading any longer. I will post it again and see if it works. Like I said in the other post I took the photo, so the paper with the forum name, and my username, and I am Real is backwards.

Everyone who has wanted to see the photo has seen it by now and it was recommended to take it down by the administrator so I am doing so. I hope that I proved that assuming too early when someone has not even posted 3 posts yet is not the way to go about handling these sorts of things. It makes things turn ugly and makes people look rather stupid as well when they are wrong. In the future, I suggest just letting the adminstrator and moderators handle any suspected spam bots and if anyone else feels there is one report them to those members who hold those jobs on here to handle it. That is why they are here on the forum.

Now I just want to talk about tennis.
Last edited by Scoob on Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

That proves it, no bot could write backwards :D

Hehe ...welcome again. I was going to make you click on pictures of bridges but not needed now.
:steven:
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

ptmcmahon wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 pm That proves it, no bot could write backwards :D

Hehe ...welcome again. I was going to make you click on pictures of bridges but not needed now.
:lol: I don't know if the writing backwards is more of a talent or not knowing how to take a photo where I am holding something with words on it shows up the correct way is less of a talent. :lol:

When I couldn't figure out how to take the photo and make the sign the correct way, I was almost about ready to attempt to right the words backwards and than said the hell with it. :lol: I think you all can get the picture.