New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Explaining how the new forum works
Sinner Fan Italy

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC

Post by Sinner Fan »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:38 pm
Sinner Fan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:34 pm Hello my name is Kate and I am 29 years of age going to be turning 30 on March 3rd. I am from Italy and English is not my first language. So please stick with me if I do not make sense some time. I am big tennis fan and Jannik Sinner is my favourite player. I am single mama of 2 year old daughter and work in hotel as housekeeper. I like to talk to others who like tennis like myself.
Hello Sinner fan. Glad that you have found us, and that you are a member now.
Don't worry about not making sense some time; it happens to A LOT of us ;)
You will be busy tomorrow with Sinner in that final; wish you (and him) luck :thumbsup:
Yes I cannot wait for that match. Daniil is a very tough opponent.
Ainsley United States of America

Post by Ainsley »

Howdy from Texas

I'm Ainsley and I guess I am a slightly above average tennis player. I am in my 12th year of high school and have played all 4 years on the Varsity Girls Tennis Team. During my Junior and Senior years I played #1 Singles and #1 Doubles. I am finished with my tennis career at the school level and already miss it a lot. I recently turned 18 years old on February 22nd and other than tennis I love spending time with my boyfriend and friends, cooking, and painting. I graduate from High School on May 26th, 2023 and I cannot wait. I will be going to Hawaii for my graduation present. I have been accepted to attend a local University to study Business Management next Fall.

As for tennis, I do plan on continuing to play but only on a recreational basis or if my community/club has a charity tennis event. Unfortunately, the university I will be attending does not have a tennis program. I also plan on continually beating my boyfriend at tennis. :) My boyfriend is a baseball player. I also have an older brother who is 2 years older than me and he plays tennis as well.

My style of play consists of an average serve with a solid forehand and two hand backhand that I like to mostly hit from the baseline. I would say my strengths are hitting with consistency and depth/passing shots and causing my opponents to make unforced errors. My weaknesses are when I am forced into the net and have to volley or hit and overhead.

My favorite tour players are Jess Pegula and Taylor Fritz.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Welcome Ainsley. Hope you will enjoy the forum :thumbsup:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Ainsley wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:11 am Howdy from Texas

I'm Ainsley and I guess I am a slightly above average tennis player. I am in my 12th year of high school...
Wow high school lasts long in Texas :D

Welcome aboard.
:steven:

Post by Ainsley »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:18 am
Ainsley wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:11 am Howdy from Texas

I'm Ainsley and I guess I am a slightly above average tennis player. I am in my 12th year of high school...
Wow high school lasts long in Texas :D

Welcome aboard.
Hahaha, I guess I said that wrong. :D This is my last year of high school where I spent 4 years here and I am in the 12th Grade(My Senior Year).
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Hehe, that was my guess but it was too hard not to say something!
:steven:
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Welcome, Ainsley, and happy recent birthday!! Where in Texas are you? I went to high school in Texas, too!

And a belated welcome to Kate

Post by Ainsley »

mmmm8 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:49 am Welcome, Ainsley, and happy recent birthday!! Where in Texas are you? I went to high school in Texas, too!

Hi, I am from Whitehouse, Texas. Thank You for the birthday wishes & welcome.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Ainsley wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 am
mmmm8 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:49 am Welcome, Ainsley, and happy recent birthday!! Where in Texas are you? I went to high school in Texas, too!

Cool! I used to live in the DFW area!

Post by Ainsley »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:29 am Hehe, that was my guess but it was too hard not to say something!
:lol: Yep, sometimes when I write I don't think.

Post by Ainsley »

mmmm8 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:57 am
Ainsley wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:53 am

Cool! I used to live in the DFW area!
Yep, not really that far from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Less than 2 hours away.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

I guess I am an old old member by now..
I live in Pune, India - my entire family plays tennis-met my wife at a tennis court at UCLA where we were both grad students..our son plays pretty well, but he lives in London..last time we played, he beat me in a golden set!
I have lived 15 years in the US- LA, Iowa City, Dallas, Detroit, Camp Hill, Pa and the Washington DC area, where our son was born...he is a professional musician, his 8th album just came out...
As for me, I have never been formally coached ,..learned the game from illustrations in books, which leads me to say I had the best possible teachers..Gonzales, Gimeno, Rosewall and Sedgeman..
My son did get coached, most recently by Ramesh Krishnan at his tennis academy in Chennai

I am 67 years old, still play 4-5 times a week, couple hours at a time, on a dirt court...
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: New and old members. WELCOME TOPIC TO ChatBots

Post by ponchi101 »

Dear All.
Starting last year, we have had a few "new members" that we have the suspicion are not human. Starting with Cuckoo4Coco, these members have exhibited a peculiar yet distinct pattern: they join the forum, post constantly and then vanish on a given day.
We can't tell if they are some sort of BOT or some experiment regarding AI. Or even, the most mundane explanation, somebody that likes to join presenting different personalities. They all have been female (or pretend to be), but have ranged in age and locations. So far, they have been benign, not posting links leading to malicious sites, although one of them left some code in her last posts.
So. To the person doing this.
Please, stop. We cannot tell, when you apply for membership, whether you are real or not. Your experiment, at the moment, seems pointless, as if what you wanted was to test if you can pass for a human, you have succeeded. So, if you want to join and talk about tennis, welcome. But if we are your testing ground for something else, let me assure you that we are the worst place for that. We are too small, too specialized and not a representative site for larger targets.
Plus, the gig is getting old.

To all real members. Sorry about this, and if you suspect there is some malicious activity, let us know. We will try to control it.
Wheels United States of America

Post by Wheels »

To my fellow tennis fans:

My name is Hannah, I am 21 years old. I enjoy playing tennis and even though I am confined to a wheelchair that doesn't slow me down one bit. I try and play tennis as often as I am able. I have two very rare disorders called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Dysautonomia Syndrome that try to keep me down, but I am a fighter and I do my best against it. I am not content to just sit around and do nothing as I am going to college to earn my degree in kindergarten and preschool education. I also like watching the pros play tennis and my favorite professional ATP player is Sebastian Korda and WTA player is Amanda Anisimova. My favorite Wheelchair players are, Connor Stroud and Maylee Phelps.
Last edited by Wheels on Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Welcome aboard, Wheels. I hope you will enjoy the forum, and that you will stay for long.