'23 US Open 8/28 - 9/10 General Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
nelslus United States of America

Re: '23 US Open 8/28 - 9/10 General Discussion

Post by nelslus »

....LOL, my NYC stay has been extended for (hopefully!!!!!) just one more day. My Southwest Airlines flight was cancelled- as I believe at least all Southwest Airlines flights were cancelled (and all flights)? Storms all days.

VERY fortunately, I can stay where I already am for the next day and a half. My hosts are getting married soon- so, I gave them some extra $'s in addition to the same rate for a day and a half, as a honeymoon gift- and Raymond can drive me to the airport once he gets back from work. Funnily enough, Southwest had already re-booked me for a flight around 9 a.m.- which I found out when I woke up around 11 a.m. ALSO very fortunately, I was able to simply re-book with no fee to leave at 9:15 p.m. tomorrow via Southwest Airlines, arriving back in Chicago at 10:45 p.m. When I called John, bless his heat, he said that he had been on the phone to Southwest for about a half hour. He also said he'd pick me up, even though he'll start work early on Tuesday, as always. (Did I happen to mention that I love this guy?)

Some local neighbors decided to have a pool party in their kiddie-sized pool, with blaring music- including as of 5 a.m. I yelled at them out of my window a few times- nothing. I then went outside, found a narrow alley where I was in front of the their large fence from their back yard- and kept yelling- saying did they really want me to call the cops- and told them I would continue to yell until they turned off the music. I told them I was certain that their neighbors would either all wake up, and/or I am sure they've wanted to yell out at them themselves. Raymond this a.m. told me that they hate these neighbors- go figure. One dude had the nerve to respond with "Bro, it's a Saturday night". I responded that, well- it was now 5 a.m. on Sunday- and again, I'd keep on yelling until they turned the music off. Responding to my graciousness, they finally turned the music off- and I got some sleep.

Gonna try to get a TKTS ticket tonight, or better yet, a Rush ticket. Not too many options, as is usual for a Sunday- many shows take Sundays and/or Mondays off. I almost definitely will try to get a discounted ticket for Here Lives Love- the HILarious disco-esque dance-a-thon hour and a half musical!!!! (NOT kidding- but, it actually got very good reviews- PROBLEMATIC subject matter and all- and, apparently, a crowd-pleaser. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!! :gorgeous: (LOL at that time, I was such a ninny that I hadn't yet even thought of, HEY, this gives me a chance to see another Broadway show!! No Sweeny Todd performance on a Sunday, however).

For a laugh, I looked at what the cost was the Open men's final ticket. Cheapest price was over $400 (didn't bother to look to see if there's any Grounds Admissions options. I mean, LOL, I wouldn't go if they paid me $400 and I got a ******* from my men's player choice. :gorgeous: :gorgeous:
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Quite a crescendo there.

Glad you were able to easily keep your lodging and get a flight out. Oh, and good work getting the neighbors to quiet down !

Post by nelslus »

Fastbackss wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:03 pm Quite a crescendo there.

Glad you were able to easily keep your lodging and get a flight out. Oh, and good work getting the neighbors to quiet down !
....AND, while I was outside getting some lunch- I saw that clearly some planes were leaving from LGA. Southwest Airlines- ya lousy bums! :shock:
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

nelslus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:32 pm ....AND, while I was outside getting some lunch- I saw that clearly some planes were leaving from LGA. Southwest Airlines- ya lousy bums! :shock:
When you airplanes are made of papier-mâché you have to be cautious with flying in the rain.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Lovely shot.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Celebrity watch Day 14

Matthew McConaughey

L'il Wayne is a huge tennis fan. Good to see him here

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Celebrities cont

Post by nelslus »

skatingfan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:50 pm
nelslus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:32 pm ....AND, while I was outside getting some lunch- I saw that clearly some planes were leaving from LGA. Southwest Airlines- ya lousy bums! :shock:
When you airplanes are made of papier-mâché you have to be cautious with flying in the rain.
....AND if they run out of umbrellas covering the pilots' windows so that they can (allegedly) see while they fly the planes. :gorgeous:

Post by nelslus »

....AND I did make it home. With major delays. We finally were in the air some time a bit after midnight, East Coast Time. From the boards, I could see that they had cancelled some other flights- still rain going on in Manhattan and Chicago. BUT- no lightning or storms. John said there had been some heavy rain in Chicago today, but it didn't last long. And, from Midway, John got us home around 1:25 a.m, Chicago time. I have receipts, and I'm gonna hit up Southwest Airlines for some reimbursements. BUT- I AM home!!!!! :yahoo: