by ponchi101 Hello NFL fans. This will be our fourth year for this contest.

The idea for this contest is easy. It is a mix of an NFL Challenge PLUS our Survivor Pool idea. But, as you do not die as much as you "burn" players, it is not "survival"; it is decimation.

The format:
You will pick one team for the first round: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex(RB, WR or TE), 1 K and 1 DST. You will get the points those players score according to the NFL Challenge official page.
But. After you pick one player, YOU CANNOT PICK HIM AGAIN FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTEST. You have decimated him.
This will lead to several strategies. For example, you may not want to pick Devonte Adams for the first round, but may roll with Marquez Valdes-Scantling, a reliable WR but not the primary. You may decide to burn all good players first, assuring you get a lot of points prior to the SB, but for the SB may find yourself with no QB's or DST's. On and on.

You can submit your team in two ways:
1. Post it here in this thread. Please, in the order stated above, so I can easily copy and paste into an Excel sheet.
2. There is a FORMS link at the second post for this topic, which will let you easily fill in your players, and can be edited. That one will let me output straight to Excel too.

I recommend you do both, the first for confirmation you are in, the second for my ease. As always, I can't guarantee no glitches, but surely we can make it work out.

Hope we have fun. :yD

Edit: if you submit via form and change your mind (or need to change players) just submit again. The form has a time stamp and I will be able to see which was your LAST, and therefore official, submission.

SCORING:

1 point per 25 yds passing.
1 point per 10 yds rushing.
6 points per TD (passing or rushing)
1 point per 10 yds receiving
1 point per catch
1 point per PAT
3 points per FG (under 30 yds)
4 points per FG (31 to 49 yds)
5 points per FG (50+ yds)
-1 point per fumble
-2 points per INT

DST
2 points per INT
2 points per fumble recovery
6 point per pick 6
1 point per sack
15 points for holding opposing team to less than 300 combined yards
12 points for holding opposing team to less than 400 combined yards
9 points for holding opposing team to less than 500 yards
0 points for opposing team gaining 500+ yards combined
5 bonus points for winning game.

All items will be rounded down (i.e, if your player rushes for 19 yards, he gets 1 point).

by ponchi101 This is the link for the Google form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:30 pm For example, you may not want to pick Devonte Adams for the first round
I definitely don't want to pick him for first round :D

Thanks for getting it setup!

by ponchi101 Because, you know, we NEVER copy/paste anything here. NEVER!!!! ;)

by New England Nitemare Here we go again!!! I'll try it again. If my memory serves me correctly, I haven't done so hot at this. Maybe I'll do better this time around!!! Thanks ponchi for setting this up, much appreciated!!

by ptmcmahon Playoff challenge on nfl.com actually is gone this year so very glad we're doing this!

by ponchi101 BTW. As Pt says above, the playoff challenge is gone from NFL.COM, so I will have to score these games manually. I will update the initial post, but let me know if there are categories I missed.

by ponchi101 Because you people can't see the time stamp of the posts, I will post my team here, for validation.
Week 1
QB: Tua
RB: Aaron Jones, Toni Pollard
WR: Jaylen Waddle, Tyreek Hill
TE: David Njoku
Flex: Amari Cooper
K: Jason Sanders
DST: PIT

by Fastbackss Guess should have picked Kareem Hunt

by ptmcmahon That Aaron Jones picks looks pretty good!

I forget all my picks, I think I might have picked the Dallas defense. I’ll gladly take negative points if I did.

by New England Nitemare I had Aaron Jones at RB and Romeo Doubs in the FLEX!!!

I had no idea they were going to go off like this!!!

by patrick Think I took Love

by ptmcmahon I took no Packers and the Dallas defense figuring this one wouldn't close, and I am very happy to be totally wrong.

And I didn't burn a defense I can use later :)

Jones wasn't a huge surprise, but Doubs has not had a great year, other than being a TD hound. His best game of the year.

NFL Decimation.jpg
The forms and scores are in the form. I did not delete last years' scores for the next rounds, because I want to check if the formulas are correct in those, so don't mind those picks.

You can start posting picks for the Conf SF's, as we know the teams and players.

contests/NFL_decimation_24.htm
-->
by ponchi101 Ok, week 1 is over and without the NFL playoff form scoring this contest is a pain :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I did it:
NFL Decimation.jpg
The forms and scores are in the form. I did not delete last years' scores for the next rounds, because I want to check if the formulas are correct in those, so don't mind those picks.

You can start posting picks for the Conf SF's, as we know the teams and players.

by ptmcmahon Same form right? :)

by ponchi101 Same form.

by Fastbackss I am having a year. How I picked a player not in the playoffs is amazing lol

by ptmcmahon I picked the Dallas defense and they looked similarly like they weren't playing in the playoffs. :)

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:57 am I am having a year. How I picked a player not in the playoffs is amazing lol
I had to look it up, because I was wondering if Mixon had been traded late in the season and I was not aware.
But, sure, not the most knowledgeable of picks, admittedly. Look at the positive side: you DID NOT burn one pick, so...

by ptmcmahon New strategy for saving players :)

by ponchi101 My picks for this weekend:
QB: Jordan Love
RB: D. Montgomery, James Cook
WR: Romeo Doubs, Brandon Aiyuk
TE: Travis Kelce
Flex: A. St. Brown
K: Ka'imi Fairbairn
DST: TB

by ptmcmahon So far things going mostly according to plan for me for saving players... every I picked lost (except San Fran defense)

by ponchi101 I was busy today, but tomorrow I will have some time to figure out the scores for the players.
I hope.

NFL_decimation.jpg
In the same way that somebody picked a player whose team did not make the post season, this time somebody picked a player that does not exist.
Jared Allen would be rather good, but he is fictional (I am being a jerk here). But, because Jared Goff and Josh Allen do exist, I could not decide which player this member really wanted, so I had to score that as a zero..

The link for full results:

You can start posting your picks for these weekend's games. Same link. -->
by ponchi101 Scores for week two are:
NFL_decimation.jpg
In the same way that somebody picked a player whose team did not make the post season, this time somebody picked a player that does not exist.
Jared Allen would be rather good, but he is fictional (I am being a jerk here). But, because Jared Goff and Josh Allen do exist, I could not decide which player this member really wanted, so I had to score that as a zero..

The link for full results:

You can start posting your picks for these weekend's games. Same link.

by ptmcmahon Oh, shoot, that was a typo and I meant Josh Allen - as you can see I was picking Bills expecting them to lose.

And Jared Allen does exist and was an NFL player :) I just mixed up my J Allen's.

by ponchi101 QB: Brock Purdy
RB: McCaffrie, Jahmyr Gibbs
WR: Jameson Williams, Rashee Rice
TE: LaPorta
Flex: Dalvin Cook
K: Badgley
DST: SF

NFL_Decimation.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Sorry about the delay guys. Been extremely busy,
Pt dropped from the contest, so we have one final game to go, the SB. You can use the same link as above, or post here.

Patrick is some 60 points in the lead and has plenty of players to pick, so he looks in a very good position.
Full scores and lists of players at the usual link.
NFL_Decimation.jpg

by ponchi101 My team:
QB: mahones
RB: Elijah Mitchell, Juszczyk
WR: Deebo Samuel, Justin Watson
TE: Kittle
Flex: Valdes Scantling
K: Butker
DST: KC

Decimation.jpg
I will assign your trophy as soon as I submit this, and congrats of the win.
Let's see if next year we can recruit more people, and see how we can automate the scoring. With no scoring from the NFL site, it gets a bit long.

Txs for playing, guys! :clap: :clap: :clap: -->
by ponchi101 Sorry for the delay guys, but have been very busy.
With the SB over, the winner of the decimation is Patrick. In the end, we were only four, so the standings are:
Decimation.jpg
I will assign your trophy as soon as I submit this, and congrats of the win.
Let's see if next year we can recruit more people, and see how we can automate the scoring. With no scoring from the NFL site, it gets a bit long.

Txs for playing, guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

by Fastbackss Always enjoy this contest and appreciate with the brutal manual calculation required

by New England Nitemare Congrats to Patrick!! Thanks for running this ponchi. Much appreciated. Started off strong, but fizzled badly in the end. Oh well, there's always next season!!