by Omegadoom Hello, and welcome to the ATW lounge!

by ponchi101 Osaka is done for that swing, so I guess those were 5 points hard earned.
I am not going to burn a trade on an D player. 😡

by New England Nitemare
ponchi101 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am Osaka is done for that swing, so I guess those were 5 points hard earned.
That figures.....sheesh. Agreed, I don't think it's worth replacing her.

by Oploskoffie
New England Nitemare wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:33 pm
ponchi101 wrote: ↑Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am Osaka is done for that swing, so I guess those were 5 points hard earned.
That figures.....sheesh. Agreed, I don't think it's worth replacing her.
Agreed. At some point things will fall into place again for her, I really believe that, but for now we're stuck with someone we couldn't risk leaving off the team but now regret including. Kinda like Venus a couple of years ago.

by ponchi101 Well, I was wrong. She is playing Doha and, if she losses early, perhaps will play Dubai. Let's see if she brings us points.

by Oploskoffie Missed the trade deadline :oops: I'm going to get really, really comfortable in this aptly named lounge...

by ponchi101 Oh, so I will not be alone! That's good.
Guess three trades for next week can work.

by texasniteowl ugh. I missed the deadline too. I wasn't worried about it toooo much...then I checked things today.

Osaka withdrew pre-tournament. Noskova either didn't get in or withdrew. Kostyuk withdrew. Badosa has retired in the 1st round. Garcia has lost first round...again. And Kasatkina just lost first round...again!

Good thing I'll have 3 trades left too...maybe!

by dave g Ouch! For all of us who traded Sabalenka in.

:roll:

by ponchi101 Might be that missing the trade deadline will end up being good. I was going to do the same trade you all did: Aryna IN, Elena OUT, since I thought Elena would out.
So maybe I get 70 points that the traders won't.

by ashkor87 well, now Rybakina is out, you may be ok again..

by New England Nitemare
ashkor87 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:15 pm well, now Rybakina is out, you may be ok again..
Ugh....I had a feeling that this was going to happen :(

by ponchi101 Yes, I as putting to much confidence on her. I was thinking she would withdraw BEFORE starting. She decided she had enough later.
Anyway, a few more points than Aryna. And a trade saved. (trying to cheer myself up)

by ashkor87 i must say, this is harder than I expected - too many different level of tournnaments, impossible to tell who will play where - not one person on my team in Austin! dont expect to last long now, unless Vekic/Kostyuk/Collins/Pavly do very well in SD..
Actually, i do have Parks, hope she justifies my confidence in her!

by ponchi101 Indeed, it is like that. You have to do you research to check who will play the most tournaments. Elena and Iga brought in a lot of points, for example, but they are off now, so they mean nothing for the finish.
It boils down, to me, to which Cat B players do best. Those are the ones that may get you a couple of SF's and then have enough time to get to the next tournament and keep playing.
I also think I have nobody in Austin.

by texasniteowl hah! B players indeed. I think aside from Swiatek and Rybakina, I got the most points from a D player...Pliskova! I don't think my B players did much of anything. But apparently I chose poorly for my B players. My C players got me more points than my B players.

I have 2 players active in Austin...only because I traded them in for this week! Stephens and Collins.

I have 4 players in San Diego...Pegula (traded in this week), Blinkova, Kostyuk, & Tatjana Maria.