NHL Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
JazzNU United States of America

NHL Random

Post by JazzNU »

Huge news. It would be big at any time, but especially with the NBC Sports announcement earlier this year.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: NHL Random

Post by ponchi101 »

They must be securing the last possible sports before all of them move to their own Online platforms. I don't know if the NHL has something like the NFL or NBA passes, where you stream all the games online.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

NHL does have NHL pass like the other leagues. But hockey fans don't tend to get the coverage they want for their sport, and not getting a lot of attention on ESPN has been one of their steady complaints. And they are right, I hear more about the UFC on ESPN than I do about the NHL. If they have a contract with you, they will cover you more, so this is a big deal. And also just easier access on TV. But in particular, since they were about to start having to try to figure out when USA Network was a sports network instead of a channel airing hour-long dramas, this is truly an upgrade.

Post by JazzNU »

Even bigger than I was thinking. ABC? Hulu too? Wow. NHL is horrendous at marketing itself, let's see if this tips the scale in their favor.

Post by JazzNU »

In case you hadn't heard. And it's the Brazilian variant.

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I can't like your last post Jazz but wow.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It is said that it's the Brazil variant that has hit the Canucks hockey team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/kn ... eek-later/

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:43 am I can't like your last post Jazz but wow.
Oh it's scary. It's apparently been eye opening for at least hockey fans in Canada but sounds like people in BC in general are paying attention too especially to the variants being a different animal, because people have been telling themselves for the last year that young and healthy don't get sick. But several on the team have been described as very ill. So very scary.

A story that should be getting much more attention in the sports world than it is.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

B.C. was the envy of Canada during the 1st wave of the virus, as they had the fewest cases per capita among the more populated provinces.
By the 2nd wave, B.C. was no longer better than the rest of the country.
Now, in this 3rd wave - particularly over the past week or so -, B.C. is among the worst provinces in the country in terms of cases per capita. The Brazil variant seems to be hitting hard there.

It's quite remarkable, really - all it takes is 1 or 2 people to come back from another country, and within weeks, that 1 or 2 cases has spread to become thousands.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

They weren’t the envy of us Atlantic Canadian provinces ;)
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

More populated provinces, I said. :)

You guys in the Maritimes have been really good from the start. A bad day for you (per capita) would be a great day for the other provinces.
Keep it up!
R.I.P. Amal...

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Things are looking a bit better for the Canucks... The plan is for some players to get back on the ice practicing tomorrow, and for the team to play a game on Friday - pending the results of more COVID tests.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nh ... -1.5983059

R.I.P. Amal...

Post by JazzNU »

Still not out of the woods unfortunately. Canucks have to keep all their facilities closed. Another player put into the protocol. Hopefully this will be the last one for them.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Season has been extended a week, mostly for the Canadian division. Montreal had a few games missed due to a couple positive tests a couple of weeks ago as well.

Also, trade deadline day! A little weird this year as usually am at work with it on all day...not the same with it hidden on one of my monitors.
:steven: