The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Explaining how the new forum works
JazzNU United States of America

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works (technical questions)

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:00 pm My mobile problem has now followed to my (computer) browser....every time I load page I'm logged back out now. Sigh :)
Do you know how to delete the cookies for just one website on your browser? I'd do that. Anytime you have login issues with any site, it's the best solution to correct it. The cookies remaining can be and tend to be the cause of the repeated issues.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Also, you're not using a VPN, correct?
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Yeah I can delete the cookie on my pc...will see what happens.

I am on VPN when on browser, and have been for over a year now. Phone is not on VPN though. Who knows? :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Please try this too: if you are on W10, navigate to the site, go to one topic, stay there and close your lid, to set up "sleep" mode. It is when it happens to me, so I can check if it has something to do with sleep/hibernation.
Txs
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:01 pm
ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:00 pm My mobile problem has now followed to my (computer) browser....every time I load page I'm logged back out now. Sigh :)
Do you know how to delete the cookies for just one website on your browser? I'd do that. Anytime you have login issues with any site, it's the best solution to correct it. The cookies remaining can be and tend to be the cause of the repeated issues.
So far the cookie solution has worked. Thanks :)

Never thought to try on phone so trying it on that as well.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: The new TAT2.0. And how it works. DELETED POSTS

Post by ponchi101 »

Hello all.
A small event happened and I would like to see if you have had a similar experience. One post, and a subsequent post replying to that one, quoting it, were deleted. The admins here can see deleted posts (they are not really deleted but marked as such) and I can't even see the original ones.
If you have had something like this happening, please post it here. If you can tell us the topic and any other information, it would be very helpful.
I hope everything else in the forum is running well.

Post by JazzNU »

A lot of glitches in the last maybe hour, mostly not loading and just handing and then eventually getting the Error page (3 step Cloudflare page indicating it's just this site that wasn't communicating). It's happened since the Wimbledon banner has appeared at the top if that helps. Didn't have any issues earlier this morning when the banner was the regular one.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Txs for letting me know it was not only down here.
I took it down but the glitches were happening before that. The banner is a simple .jpg so no reason for it to affect the loading up of the site.
Let's give it a couple of hours. Our server is in Miami, so maybe way too much traffic right now with the tragedy down there.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Ugh...back to having to log in each time again, even with deleting cookies. (And trying the delete cookies button on site!) :)
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:11 pm Ugh...back to having to log in each time again, even with deleting cookies. (And trying the delete cookies button on site!) :)
Yup. Me, too. Fifth time today and I've clicked "Remember Me" every time.

Post by JazzNU »

Interesting. I'm having server issues today (none right now, about an hour and a half ago it was constant), but not the login issue.

Are you using a PC or MAC? Which browser? Is the browser you are using updated? If you try a different browser, does the same login issue persist?

In terms of deleting cookies. Hopefully this is what you're doing if you're using Chrome, but if not, try this AND close all TAT tabs before you start-

Settings -> Cookies and Other Site Data->See All Cookies and Site Data

Then all your cookies will be listed for everything on your browser, and there will be a search box on the upper right hand side. Search for "talkabout" and every cookie that is associated with the site should appear. It may be more than one listing, like one address might have 5 cookies, another might have just 1. I delete all that might be associated with whatever site I'm having login problems on.

If you forgot to close TAT tabs before doing this, make sure you don't use those tabs after you do this, it'll just replicate the issue again. Close out of them. Start on a new tab and login
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Trying Firefox (worst today), Chrome (almost as bad), and IE - IE actually seems to be doing ok for keeping me logged in today. Went to "About Chrome", now it says updating. Firefox says it is up to date. Using a work PC, which I certainly rule out as the issue, although I still have never been able to get my mobile browser to stay logged in.

Last couple of days have been especially bad as it forgets my login while still on the board, clicking on a new topic for example.

How you described is how I was trying to delete cookies in Chrome. Went to "Cookies and Site Data" and manage sites in Firefox to delete in there.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sorry to hear all this, PT. In my case, it did happen a few times when I would close my Laptop and come back and open it. It seemed that the "sleep" mode caused that problem. Now, it is gone. It has not happened to me in weeks.
Let me think a bit more about it. I will contact the phpBB people to see if anybody is going through this too.

Post by JazzNU »

@ptmcmahon and @dry, see if this helps at all.

Try repeating the delete cookie steps, but deleting anything related to TAT and also search for "php" and delete anything close to phpbb and try again, see if that improves it.

I am completely stumped about the phone not holding the login.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok, PT. You are not alone. The phpBB forum has a topic on that. Some people were experiencing it.
It seems it was mostly limited to iPhones and Safari, but there were other people too. So no pattern.
One thing to try: are you logging to https://talkabouttennis2. plus the come (I am not writing it so it will not create the link) or are you going https://www plus the rest? The www say something about the cookies, it seems.
Again, people at the phpBB forum were also stumped. So let me know.