Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Post by ponchi101 »

I just saw a bit of Rybakina's match. She is playing with YONEX clothing.
Did Adidas drop her? Because I can't see Yonex being able to pay more money than Adidas, and dropping her at the moment would be one incredibly bad move.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

José Morgado 🤖
@josemorgado@sportsbots.xyz
Alcaraz. “Some people say that I have shots from Nadal, Djokovic and Federer but it’s normal cause those were the players that I watched for 20 years (his age 🤣). But I like to believe I’m 100% Alcaraz, not a copy of anyone”.
In other words don't define me, I'll define myself. Back off.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Dear Carlitos:
I have been watching ROGER, RAFA, NOVAK, PETE, STEFAN, IVAN, JIMMY AND BJORN for all my life, and I have NONE of their shots.
Sincerely,
Us Mortals.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

For many years now, there has been a lot of talk about the USA being unable to produce champions, especially on the men's side. A lot of the "solutions" include setting up more clay courts, because "clay court players learn the game in a better way".
How about the French, then? No French players, male or female, in the 3rd round of RG. Down from 2 men and 2 women last year, and two of those were Cornet and Simon, no newcomers to the game.
And the French invest a lot of money in the game, and it is wildly popular in the country.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Throwing this down here, now that it is clear that the ATP is ruled by Novak.
What do we make of Carlitos? Sure, he is spectacular. He will be part of the future of the ATP when Novak retires. But, having said that:
Look at the last year, since his USO run. Injured at Paris, forcing him to miss the YEC and the Aussie. He comes back, plays well, and then injures himself in Rio, missing a little time there. And then, he cramps in the RG SF and we saw what happened.
Could it be that his maniacal way of playing is too much? When you spend 1.5 times the energy of the other player, that must take a toll.
Just saying this because his loss at Paris was odd. He said his entire body cramped; that is not "an injury", in the normal sense. But, of course, how does he change that style? It is the way he plays.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:56 pm Throwing this down here, now that it is clear that the ATP is ruled by Novak.
What do we make of Carlitos? Sure, he is spectacular. He will be part of the future of the ATP when Novak retires. But, having said that:
Look at the last year, since his USO run. Injured at Paris, forcing him to miss the YEC and the Aussie. He comes back, plays well, and then injures himself in Rio, missing a little time there. And then, he cramps in the RG SF and we saw what happened.
Could it be that his maniacal way of playing is too much? When you spend 1.5 times the energy of the other player, that must take a toll.
Just saying this because his loss at Paris was odd. He said his entire body cramped; that is not "an injury", in the normal sense. But, of course, how does he change that style? It is the way he plays.
He said essentially that the full-body cramp was nerves rather than purely physical
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

After seeing Raonic win a match I wondered whether we'd ever see Nishikori on a tennis court again - good to see.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Swiatek was a junior champion at W, in fact the only major she won as a junior..so we can't say she doesn't know how to play on grass...Snigur was junior W champ too..let us hope for good performances from her..
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

skatingfan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:29 am After seeing Raonic win a match I wondered whether we'd ever see Nishikori on a tennis court again - good to see.
The return of the lost generation! Paging Berdych!

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:28 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:56 pm Throwing this down here, now that it is clear that the ATP is ruled by Novak.
He said essentially that the full-body cramp was nerves rather than purely physical
I heard someone say that Djokovic is hospitalizing 20-year-old No. 1s. Great way to put it. So yeah, Novak is ruling the ATP,
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Interesting stat that we have not discussed here. Novak is on a 21 match winning streak: W, AO and RG (because he did not play the USO). Winning W will make it 28. To win the USO, he needs to go 35.
I will still not bet against him.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:34 pm Interesting stat that we have not discussed here. Novak is on a 21 match winning streak: W, AO and RG (because he did not play the USO). Winning W will make it 28. To win the USO, he needs to go 35.
I will still not bet against him.
More than 35 if he plays a tuneup. He usually plays Cincy at least. He can do it. He'll have to manage his energy for the US Open, though. People said he was pretty tired by the 2019 final.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I meant 21 winning streak IN SLAMS. He has lost at other tournaments.
There are two Novaks: regular tour Novak (not completely invincible) and SLAMS NOVAK. Considerably tougher.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:32 pm I meant 21 winning streak IN SLAMS. He has lost at other tournaments.
There are two Novaks: regular tour Novak (not completely invincible) and SLAMS NOVAK. Considerably tougher.
Roddick always talks about this, especially in reference to the Bo5

"Novak - first he takes your legs, then he takes your soul"