Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Ainsley United States of America

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by Ainsley »

The next election will be the first election that I will be able to vote and I cannot wait to take part in it. I come from a State that is gun loving and to be honest, I don't have a problem with law abiding citizens owning guns for protection and hunting, but they must follow many rules to own them. I also do not see the need for any regular citizen to have their hands on an AR-15 or any assault weapon. Those types of weapons should be left in the trained hands of the military and that is it. The problem is and it is a huge problem with many of the lawmakers in my State is they are getting their pockets lined by the NRA so they will support them to no end. I know I only have 1 vote, but hopefully if more young people in my State like me make that vote for the first time just like me we can get these fools out and new people in charge of our State.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Do you consider yourself to be representative of at least a portion of your state's youth?
I get to travel to TX with certain frequency (Houston) and well, the gun culture is palpable. Do you believe that the number of young Texans that would approve of limitations in arms' ownership exceeds the number of traditional young Texans that can't wait to turn 18 so they can walk into that Walmart and get their first AR-15?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Ainsley United States of America

Post by Ainsley »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:06 pm Do you consider yourself to be representative of at least a portion of your state's youth?
I get to travel to TX with certain frequency (Houston) and well, the gun culture is palpable. Do you believe that the number of young Texans that would approve of limitations in arms' ownership exceeds the number of traditional young Texans that can't wait to turn 18 so they can walk into that Walmart and get their first AR-15?
It's really hard to say. I live up North so it might be a lot different than what might be represented in Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, or even Austin. I just know that there are those who have the same beliefs as I do. I do think Texas will always want to have their guns and like I said, I am not against that at all if they are handled in the correct manner and gone through the right process to own them. The AR-15 however does not fit the regular citizens needs. There is no need to use one of them for hunting purposes or for protection. You can have another reliable gun for protection that if used can easily get the job done. You don't need an AR-15 to blow someone in half. The one thing about my State is the majority of people know how to handle a gun and if they go through the right channels to own one they are going to use them accordingly. Of course there are the crazy people everywhere and those are the ones you need these laws for.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Also this

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

More shenanigans by the GOP

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mrs panstreppon
@mrspanstreppon
Former congressman & Santos supporter Mark Foley in Berlin w Ambassador Richard Grenell in 2018...
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Can you have any self worth and be a republican at the same time?

By the time Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee confirmed Monday that he would sign a recently passed bill criminalizing drag performances in public and in front of children, a photo that appears to show him dressed in drag as a high school student had already started to circulate on Reddit and Twitter.

Just before midnight Saturday, a Reddit user shared an image that appears to show Lee as a high school student wearing a short-skirted cheerleader’s uniform, a pearl necklace and a wig, posing on a school sports field next to two girls in men’s suits. The caption says, “Governor Bill Lee in drag (1977 high school yearbook).”

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pol ... -rcna72569

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Lori Lightfoot will not be re elected as Chicago mayor. This could be the main reason.

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Hope Brandon is able to pull off a win. Paul Vallas has been misleading people and telling lies for well over 20 years in Chicago, it's pitiful he still has any career to speak of.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Of course he could simply be expelled but...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

More fine print re "Santos" including comparisons with AOC.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »