Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

Who can the dems offer that is young? AOC?
Who can the GOP offer that is young and not evil? Rubio? Cruz? Boebert or MTG?

Agree with you. Biden is doing alright, for an 81 yo man. But this guy can keel over at any minute. No need to explain that the psycho could too. But neither party seems to be able to offer somebody young and capable.
The Dems could go with Newson (Newsom?). But he is governor of California, and there is no way anybody from the central states will vote for him.
Devil and the deep blue sea.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I'm not sure I agree there is no one. If Biden and/or Trump were to die today there would be an absolute army of alternate contenders.

Actually the danger is not more that he would die, there is a VP for that, but that he would get elected and then slowly lose the ability to do the job entirely. That's more or less what happened to Dianne Feinstein. She wouldn't resign, but in the last year or two would hardly understand where she is...
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:08 pm Who can the dems offer that is young? AOC?
Who can the GOP offer that is young and not evil? Rubio? Cruz? Boebert or MTG?

Agree with you. Biden is doing alright, for an 81 yo man. But this guy can keel over at any minute. No need to explain that the psycho could too. But neither party seems to be able to offer somebody young and capable.
The Dems could go with Newson (Newsom?). But he is governor of California, and there is no way anybody from the central states will vote for him.
Devil and the deep blue sea.
Kamala Harris, Beto O'Rourke, Gavin Newsome for the dems, whatever misogynistic racist mouthpiece of the month for the repubs.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Kamala has a reputation of being very ineffective.
Beto could not beat Ted Cruz in Texas, with a war chest of $70mm
I already said Newsome is good, but nobody in Nebraska is going to vote for the governor of California. Nor any other red state.
I guess we will not disagree on your characterization of the GOP's options :thumbsup:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I didn't know that the man who released this report was appointed by TFG hence the hatchet job on President Biden.

The report also indicates that President Biden, when alerted to the fact that there were classified docs in his possession immediately returned them. It does this 32 times.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:19 pm I didn't know that the man who released this report was appointed by TFG hence the hatchet job on President Biden.

The report also indicates that President Biden, when alerted to the fact that there were classified docs in his possession immediately returned them. It does this 32 times.
As soon as I heard anything about Biden's memory I knew it was a an appointee of tfg. Shall we apply the same metric to anyone charged with anything who said they "Don't recall" as someone with a memory issue? That would be most anyone, especially tfg and his family.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Gretchen Whitmer would be the best choice to replace Biden IMO. Swing state governor who's over performed electorally, helped get full Democratic control of her state for the first time in 40 years, and enacted sensible legislation there. I doubt Newsom or Harris would do any better than Biden.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Forgot about her. You are right.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Georgia Republican Party official denies voting fraud charges in court
Brian K. Pritchard is accused of illegally voting nine times while serving a felony sentence

Brian K. Pritchard testifies on the witness stand Friday as Senior Assistant Attorney General Russell Willard, foreground, asks questions in a Gilmer County courtroom in Ellijay. Pritchard, a talk show host and Republican Party vice chairman, is accused of voting illegally while he was serving a felony sentence. (Hyosub Shin / Hyosub.Shin@ajc.com)

By Mark Niesse
Feb 9, 2024

ELLIJAY — A top Georgia Republican Party official and talk show host accused of election fraud, Brian K. Pritchard, testified Friday that he never voted illegally while serving a felony sentence for forging checks, but state attorneys showed evidence that he repeatedly voted after his probation had been revoked.

Pritchard, the first vice chairman for the state Republican Party, allegedly broke the law when he voted in nine Georgia elections from 2008 to 2010. Georgia law prohibits felons from voting, and attorneys for the state said Pritchard’s probation didn’t end until 2011.

“There is nothing to the allegations,” Pritchard said after the hearing in the Gilmer County Courthouse. ”I’m just disappointed that this much time is being put into this effort for me when there’s real voter fraud out there, and real things that need to be investigated.”

https://www.ajc.com/politics/republican ... ZIA73ZQZI/
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And the sheep behind him...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Sounds like treason to me..attacks on NATO are an attack on the US, by treaty..encouraging that is treason.

Post by Owendonovan »

Yet, we can't REALLY express what should happen to tfg without it being considered some kind of threat.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

"George Santos" seat now belongs to the Democrats. He'll have to run again in November I think.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Victor Shi
@Victorshi2020
·
1h
BREAKING: Democrat Jim Prokpiak just WON his special state house election in Pennsylvania's 140th district. This now means that the Pennsylvania State House, State Senate, AND governorship are *all* Blue. Another Democratic trifecta. Amazing news for Pennsylvania & Democrats.