With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Congratulations to our Wimbledon ATP Suicide Draw Pool Winners

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Congratulations to our Wimbledon ATP Suicide Draw Pool Winners

Post by dave g »

Jazzyg, KLB21, and Pinckleman are our Wimbledon ATP Suicide Draw Poll winners. :yahoo: :yahoo:
They have all survived until the final and all have picked Djokovic. So, they might all actually beat the draw.

Usually, I would wait until the end of the final, so that we would know if they actually beat the draw, but I suspect that I will be unavailable. And I wanted make sure this was posted so that they can get congratulations before everyone leaves the stands.

I consider the key to their success was that they were able to hold onto their Medvedev, Berrettini, and Djokovic picks until after the quarter-finals. The rest of the people who made it to the quarter-finals had saved Medvedev, but used Berrettini. So, when Medvedev lost to Hurkacz, the rest of us ran out of picks.
texasniteowl

Re: Congratulations to our Wimbledon ATP Suicide Draw Pool Winners

Post by texasniteowl »

Congrats jazzy, klb, and pinckleman! way to go! considering I died on day 2, the fact that you all made it to the final, possibly beating the draw, is amazing!
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

Congrats to Jazzyg, KLB21, and Pinckleman for winning the men's survivor pool. These pools are tough to win, so a job well done!!!!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I find their brilliance rooted on NOT picking Rublev over Fucsovicz, which doomed many of us (what, jaded, me? You jest :cry: )
Your medals will be awarded after the final, so you will savor beating the draw even more :clap:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
pinckleman United States of America

Post by pinckleman »

Congrats to Jazzyg and KLB21 in joining me with the final picks of the tournament. Picking Hurkacz over Federer in the quarters was the first time I would ever had thought of betting against Roger. I just had a feeling with that pick.

Let’s see if we all are correct in our pick of Djokovic in today’s final.
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

As I posted several days ago, the key for me was picking Rublev in the first round because I was so frustrated at going out in the first round of consecutive SPs and wanted to ensure it did not happen. The funny thing is he lost the first set to Delbonis and was broken serving for the second set to get back on serve, making me anxious before he took control.

I'm pretty certain I would have taken him over Fucsovics if I hadn't already used him.
seamzten18 United States of America

Post by seamzten18 »

pinckleman wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:04 am Congrats to Jazzyg and KLB21 in joining me with the final picks of the tournament. Picking Hurkacz over Federer in the quarters was the first time I would ever had thought of betting against Roger. I just had a feeling with that pick.

Let’s see if we all are correct in our pick of Djokovic in today’s final.
Congrats to you three, well played.
Pinkleman mentions his Hurkacz pick for QF but is recorded with Shapo. A bit confusing to me.
See you all at the US Open.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Winners, your copies of the gentlemen's trophy have been uploaded.
Enjoy it, I wish you the best of luck in future tournaments :clap:
pinckleman United States of America

Post by pinckleman »

Hey Ponchi101 what is Seamzten18 describing above? I believe for the quarterfinal I did an edit from Shapo to Hurkacz. That’s why I’m able to be among the final 3 today. The edit was done in plenty of time. If you could concur this I’d appreciate it. Thanks
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

pinckleman wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:47 pm Hey Ponchi101 what is Seamzten18 describing above? I believe for the quarterfinal I did an edit from Shapo to Hurkacz. That’s why I’m able to be among the final 3 today. The edit was done in plenty of time. If you could concur this I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Pinckleman:
The fastest way to check your picks is to click on your name, and when you get your profile, you can see your posts, in reversed order (newest to oldest).
If you changed your pick via PM, you cannot see those there. That will be in your SENT box.
Dave runs the pool. I defer to him in these sort of events, as I do not keep track of the picks.
He will read and reply to your post.
dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

pinckleman wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:47 pm Hey Ponchi101 what is Seamzten18 describing above? I believe for the quarterfinal I did an edit from Shapo to Hurkacz. That’s why I’m able to be among the final 3 today. The edit was done in plenty of time. If you could concur this I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Read your private messages: Click on the area in the upper right corner, below the top banner, next to your user name.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:02 am I find their brilliance rooted on NOT picking Rublev over Fucsovicz, which doomed many of us (what, jaded, me? You jest :cry: )
Your medals will be awarded after the final, so you will savor beating the draw even more :clap:
My other choice I was considering that day was Berrenntini, but decided I couldn't pick him in case I needed him in semis. So was wrong for being right :)
:steven: