Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Ainsley United States of America

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by Ainsley »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:53 am Getting people ready for the comeback.
I think there is a much better chance at another Tom Brady comeback than a Jesus comeback. :D
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It seems we have reached a new point of... lunacy? Idiocy?
(I am serious. I don't know how to catalogue this).

The new TikTok trend is convincing people not to buy things

Gist: there are new people, called DE-INFLUENCERS, telling other people NOT to follow influencers.

This is completely up the RUSSELL'S PARADOX alley.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Ainsley »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:33 pm It seems we have reached a new point of... lunacy? Idiocy?

Gist: there are new people, called DE-INFLUENCERS, telling other people NOT to follow influencers.

I honestly don't have an issue with these so called DE-INFLUENCERS giving their input on products they don't feel are up to par using Tik Tok or whatever Social Media outlet they choose. The problem I have with it is while using Tik Tok and amassing these huge amounts of followers these DE-INFLUENCERS are getting paid. This is where I find the whole thing ridiculous. If someone wants to express their views on a product that is perfectly fine, but to use a platform to pile up followers to get an income that just does not float well with me.

I have nothing against the App Tik Tok as something for entertainment purposes, but a lot of people use it for more than that thinking they will become famous because Charli d'amelio and Dixie d'amelio became famous and made tons of money and so have others. People don't understand that it is very rare for that to happen. These DE-INFLUENCERS are basically using Tik Tok to exploit themselves and are basically using these products to do just that.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:33 pm It seems we have reached a new point of... lunacy? Idiocy?

This is a term, like quiet-quitting from a couple years ago, that doesn't mean anything but it allows people to write click-bait articles.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Just wait until these 'de-influencers' (who are, of course, trying to INFLUENCE people) start trying to get people to not buy things while holding a pickle in one hand, a red left shoe in the other hand, while hopping on their right leg and wearing a vertically striped top hat.
And they will surely succeed.

There is really no end to the absurdity and ridiculousness of 'social media'. It no doubt reveals the human animal to be a total fool to any extraterrestrials who may be observing.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Ainsley »

Deuce wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 pm

Just wait until these 'de-influencers' (who are, of course, trying to INFLUENCE people) start trying to get people to not buy things while holding a pickle in one hand, a red left shoe in the other hand, while hopping on their right leg and wearing a vertically striped top hat.

There is really no end to the absurdity and ridiculousness of 'social media'. It no doubt reveals the human animal to be a total fool to any extraterrestrials who may be observing.
But what is really insane is the more people follow these fools the more money they get. So I ask the question, are these people who are getting all of these followers and money is going into their bank accounts because of it, the idiots? Or are the ones that are watching these people and giving them the followers and basically the funds the ones that are the idiots?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Ainsley wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:36 pm

But what is really insane is the more people follow these fools the more money they get. So I ask the question, are these people who are getting all of these followers and money is going into their bank accounts because of it, the idiots? Or are the ones that are watching these people and giving them the followers and basically the funds the ones that are the idiots?
^ Yes.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Ainsley »

Deuce wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:16 am
Ainsley wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:36 pm

^ Yes.
But the ones doing the videos are at least profiting from it. That has to be at least a little smart. ;)
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It's also taking advantage of the stupid (which is largely what business is all about).
I prefer honesty to 'clever' manipulation.

In any case, all that 'social media' stuff is complete idiocy to me.
R.I.P. Amal...

Post by Ainsley »

Deuce wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:46 am It's also taking advantage of the stupid (which is largely what business is all about).
I prefer honesty to 'clever' manipulation.

In any case, all that 'social media' stuff is complete idiocy to me.
I am totally with ya.

If social media was used as entertainment in the case of Tik Tok or as a means of connection between people as in Facebook and not all the other BS that they are used for then they would be okay in my opinion.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

This was done in very public settings... and this article is freely available to anyone of any age on the internet - so I figure it's safe to post here...

I post it both for educational and humorous purposes - because it is rather humorously unusual...
I also think that hiding open discussion about this general subject does more harm than good - which we can see in the fact that the teenage pregnancy rate is much higher in the U.S.A., where the subject is largely hidden, than it is in European countries, where it is much more openly and easily discussed, and where nudity is not viewed as something shameful to be embarrassed about, but rather as simply a normal and natural part of life - not to be flaunted, but not to be hidden in shame, either...

Only 75% of People Who Responded Knew Where This Part of the Anatomy is Located...

Last edited by Deuce on Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Amal...

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Remember that the US was founded by a religious sect known as the Puritans and as the late Robin Williams said they were so uptight the English kicked them out.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Yes - in North America - or, at least in the U.S. and Canada -, sexuality and nudity are ALWAYS lumped together (which is not the case in several European countries)... and also in the U.S. and Canada, sexuality/nudity (always together) are either flaunted in inappropriate and unnecessary ways, or are completely hidden in shame and stifled. This is a very immature view - there is no middle ground, where the perspective is healthiest.

In European countries, public nudity is not viewed as being inherently sexual. Weather at a public beach or in public parks, etc., one can encounter nudity, and it's not viewed as a big deal - and not viewed as being sexual. There, it is the CONTEXT that determines the perspective on nudity, not the nudity itself. If the context is sexual, then the nudity is sexual... if the context is not sexual, then the nudity is not sexual.

One of the best analogies I've ever heard/read on the subject is that sexuality and nudity are like wine and grapes - grapes are a necessary ingredient of wine, as nudity is necessary (mostly) for sex... but grapes also exist on their own as a tasty and nutritious fruit, completely independent of wine - just as nudity can exist on its own, with no relation to sexuality.
For wine and grapes, one can substitute oranges and orange juice, or peanuts and peanut butter, or other things, just as well...
R.I.P. Amal...

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

75% is not bad.
Ask people where the amygdala is. Then you are talking.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein