With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by JazzNU »

The wind in Buffalo is no joke tonight. They were so busy giving us potential snow reports this week, they forgot other things could disrupt game play just as much.
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Yep. 4 FGs missed in the Bills win with 2 of them from the reliable Tucker from Ravens.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So the Rams defense got creamed by the Packers, and then the suspect Bills defense almost shuts down the Ravens and holds Lamar in his running game, and takes him out of the game with a concussion (not the defense's fault).
I say that the Bills Vs KC will be a very good game, with the Bills having a chance. Of course, if the Browns don't screw up the deal.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

I feel like people have complete blinders on where Mahomes is concerned and translate that to the Chiefs. They might blow through the playoffs and win it all again, but the team we saw, if anyone was watching the games objectively this season, is very beatable. Which is why, despite the record, they had quite a few close calls against teams considered, good, bad and in between. I give every team they'll face in the playoffs a solid shot at winning. They might embarrass someone for sure, but not necessarily.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And... They have not played a competitive match in almost three weeks. I have never liked that approach. Sure, do not have Mahones play the 4 quarters of the last, meaningless game of the season, but get him out there, in a real situation, and give him 20 reps. The same for the rest of the skill positions.
I find it so much like tennis. It is a precision game, and not throwing a ball in a real circumstance may hinder you ability.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Probably even a rb2.

Glad the Rams finally did what they were supposed to. Dunno who I’m rooting for today. Saints are better team but Tampa handled Green Bay when they played earlier in the year. If it’s cold next week probably best to hope for Brees who isn’t as used to that as Brady.
:steven:

Post by JazzNU »

I'm not high on the Saints like others are.

I'm also not high on Drew Brees like others are. That being said. I'd probably have a hit out on Sean Payton at this point if I were him. Every single time I see damn Taysom Hill out there for no reason whatsoever, I think how insulting it is to Drew, especially in what many keep saying might be his final year. I don't need to see Taysom throw an interception. If it's a throwing play and not a trick play, why exactly is Drew on the sidelines?

Drew outdoors tends to be suspect. So yeah, heading to Green Bay anytime is a problem, but in January is a potential catastrophe that the Saints would need to mask, like they did a few weeks ago when they got everyone to ignore his super shaky performance and focus only on Kamara's 6 touchdowns.

My true hope for today - we get to watch the Saints play the Buccaneers and not watch a glorified Brady vs. Brees documentary
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:04 pm I'm not high on the Saints like others are.

I'm also not high on Drew Brees like others are. That being said. I'd probably have a hit out on Sean Payton at this point if I were him. Every single time I see damn Taysom Hill out there for no reason whatsoever, I think how insulting it is to Drew, especially in what many keep saying might be his final year. I don't need to see Taysom throw an interception. If it's a throwing play and not a trick play, why exactly is Drew on the sidelines?

Drew outdoors tends to be suspect. So yeah, heading to Green Bay anytime is a problem, but in January is a potential catastrophe that the Saints would need to mask, like they did a few weeks ago when they got everyone to ignore his super shaky performance and focus only on Kamara's 6 touchdowns.

My true hope for today - we get to watch the Saints play the Buccaneers and not watch a glorified Brady vs. Brees documentary
you know darn well that is how the comms are going to talk about it. I agree though. Without solid teams around them neither man would be playing today.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:14 pm you know darn well that is how the comms are going to talk about it. I agree though. Without solid teams around them neither man would be playing today.
No, I know. But a girl can dream for another few hours. It would be so great for this to be just about it being a good matchup, a great playoff game. I truly would like to skip the constant HOF vs. HOF discussion that will surely take place, that has been the focus of the game all week.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:19 pm And... They have not played a competitive match in almost three weeks. I have never liked that approach. Sure, do not have Mahones play the 4 quarters of the last, meaningless game of the season, but get him out there, in a real situation, and give him 20 reps. The same for the rest of the skill positions.
I find it so much like tennis. It is a precision game, and not throwing a ball in a real circumstance may hinder you ability.
Delicate balance. Rest and getting in rhythm. I remember plenty of teams that have come out looking FLAT after resting players week 17 and having the bye. I also remember teams that have weathered the storm and were happy for the rest. Guess we'll see tonight if that is a good call. FYI, I've seen Andy botch the too much rest and coming out flat.

If this was Brady or Brees, I'd say great, with that much rest for those old bodies, they might come out looking 25 again. But Patrick is a baby, he doesn't need rest like that.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So much for KC coming out flat.

Post by JazzNU »

I wouldn't call this performance anything to brag about just yet. I think the score was 6-3 going in to the second quarter. So, maybe not flat, but nothing great. But they are doing enough to win and that's really all that matters, there's no style points awarded here.

Rough call for the Browns there.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

That's a worst case scenario for KC and potentially for the league.

After seeing him wobble like that I am glad Mahomes was not allowed back in the game.

As an aside - looks like taysom hill ruled out for Saints tonight
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

You see the replay several times and it is not clear when he got hit. I think it was the neck twisting.
I said it before. In this weird year, will the Browns win the SB?

Post by JazzNU »

I was afraid they were going to let them back in. Tony Romo out here trying to downplay it while Jim Nance is like, "if that's not a concussion, I don't know what is." Exactly right Jim.

If they go according to protocols, it'll be close to a miracle if he plays next week. The look of him on the field, doesn't lead one to think "mild concussion." If the Chiefs win and he can't play, I won't be even a little bit surprised if the NFL co-signs on a sudden covid outbreak at the Chiefs facility and suddenly being okay with a playoff game delay. :D