Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ptmcmahon »

Ha ha yup. All it takes to hang 70 in the NFL is a coach upset about missing an interview :)
:steven:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I was watching on the Red Zone and figured WTH I'll finish the game and put on CBS. Best sports decision I've made in a long time. I don't usually watch full games anymore but this was just a beautiful game to watch. The Eagles didn't panic, they played smart, and Hurts cake walked into the end zone to finish the game.

Great game.

You don't know how many times I had to go back and correct this because I kept typing "match" instead of "game" :lol:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

BYE BYE BILL Bill Belichick ‘to leave New England Patriots at end of season’ after 24 years in charge following disastrous run
The decision was reportedly made over a month ago
Anthony Wood
Published: 18:25 ET, Dec 12 2023Updated: 9:20 ET, Dec 13 2023

BILL Belichick's 24-year run with the New England Patriots is reportedly nearing its end.

Having led the Patriots to a 3-10 record so far in 2023, it seems that the legendary head coach could see his tenure in Foxboro end with back-to-back losing seasons.

This follows comments made by Patriots reporter Tom Curran on NBC Sports Boston on Monday.

He claimed that he had heard "that a decision was made" following their loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Germany on November 12.

Curran continued: "They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year there would be a parting of the ways, for a variety of reasons.

"I think, and I wasn't told this specifically, but the main one being: You don't fire Bill Belichick during the season."

Curran went on to state that the multi-year contract extension Belichick had reportedly signed last offseason is only valid through next season.

And despite New England's recent win against the Pittsburgh Steelers during Thursday Night Football, Curran remained confident that the writing was on the wall.

In fact, issues behind the scenes in New England go back six years, according to Curran.

He claimed problems began "When Tom Brady and Bill Belichick got into a p***ing contest over territory, and what Brady would be allowed to do (in terms of growing his brand) and what Bill wanted them to do."

After six Super Bowl wins with Belichick and the Patriots in 20 years, Brady wound up leaving as a free agent in 2020.

He subsequently signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he won his seventh ring before retiring in 2023.

Last month, Brady appeared to defend Belichick on his Let's Go! podcast when discussing the Patriots' struggles, explaining that they cannot be down to just one person.

"The more I sit back and watch, everyone wants to celebrate when you win as an organization; everyone's responsible," he said.

"And the same's true, everyone's responsible when you lose, too. Everyone can't be on the bus when you win and be off the bus when you lose and [say], 'Let's point the finger at one person.'

"When you look at losing, the whole organization loses, the fan base loses; everyone's in it together. It's hard to get it right. And when you get it right you should really appreciate it."

The U.S. Sun has reached out to the Patriots for comment.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/9848446/b ... -patriots/
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Well the end of that Lions/Cowboys game was something.
Cowboys up , Lions with ball. Lions throw INT.
Classic Cowboys mismanagement of time (hi Mike McCarthy) and lions get ball back with roughly 70 seconds left.
They easily drive down field and score with 23 seconds to go.
Extra point to tie it - but Dan Campbell is aggressive - goes for two and the win. Throw to offensive lineman for score - but - allegedly he didn't declare self eligible. Penalty. Surely they're going to kick now.
Nope, go for it again - draw Dallas offsides.
Third time, now from the four, and comes up short. Dallas wins and runs the table at home.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

In his press conference Dan Campbell said they explained to ref what they would do before the game. Which... doesn't mean you don't have to do it during the play. :) He even then said the one who caught it didn't report. Everyone is mad at refs like always, but the Lions are even admitting they made the mistake.

I never thought for a second they wouldn't go for two on any of the three plays. They went for it everytime they could during the game, not sure how anyone can think Campbell wasn't going to go for it :) They had it on the third play but Goff underthrew the ball badly, but they should have won it right there.

McCarthy meanwhile keeps us scratching his head.

It's probably not really a "bad" loss for Lions as they had little shot at #1 anyway, and this proved they can (and should have) beaten the team that's been unbeatable at home this year.

Side note, all three of my fantasy teams had CD Lamb so I was loving the game.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Ptc - there are countless videos of 68 going up to the ref. The ref even nods at him. There's an angle where you see Goff push 68 out of the huddle, telling him to report. He then walks up to the ref.

I had to listen to Campbell's presser twice. He doesn't say 68 didn't report. He is saying that is what the refs told him.

There's a tweet that sums it up well - basically he heard 68 but assumed 70 because he also came up, said something, and had been for much of the game

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Fastbackss wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:46 am Well the end of that Lions/Cowboys game was something.
Cowboys up , Lions with ball. Lions throw INT.
Classic Cowboys mismanagement of time (hi Mike McCarthy) and lions get ball back with roughly 70 seconds left.
They easily drive down field and score with 23 seconds to go.
Extra point to tie it - but Dan Campbell is aggressive - goes for two and the win. Throw to offensive lineman for score - but - allegedly he didn't declare self eligible. Penalty. Surely they're going to kick now.
Nope, go for it again - draw Dallas offsides.
Third time, now from the four, and comes up short. Dallas wins and runs the table at home.
I just saw the score and wondered what happened. SMH

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The defense won the game giving Stroud a lot of time to avoid being hit.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

"Gonna" be alright? He already is :)

They showed one graphic during the game. He had only the third season in history where a qb both led the league in yard per game + also the best TD to INT ratio. The others ? Joe Montana in an MVP + Super Bowl season. And Tom Brady in the almost perfect season.

Did anyone else watching the Dolphins game feel like they just didn't care if they won in the fourth quarter? It seems like every year in playoffs, there is at least one game where the losing team takes their time and does a better job of running out the clock than the winning team. Then again, maybe they just wanted to get out of the cold!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Couldn't watch any game, but I am indeed surprised at how good this kid is. And seems poised. Houston may end up in a much better place than when they traded Watson.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:24 am "Gonna" be alright? He already is :)

They showed one graphic during the game. He had only the third season in history where a qb both led the league in yard per game + also the best TD to INT ratio. The others ? Joe Montana in an MVP + Super Bowl season. And Tom Brady in the almost perfect season.

Did anyone else watching the Dolphins game feel like they just didn't care if they won in the fourth quarter? It seems like every year in playoffs, there is at least one game where the losing team takes their time and does a better job of running out the clock than the winning team. Then again, maybe they just wanted to get out of the cold!
I honestly expected more from Tua. I hadn't had a chance to really watch him since during the season I only watch the Red Zone. Did they have a chance to come to KC and work out in the cold or did they treat it like a regular game? All that to say I think they were "Florida Dreaming" on such a winter day.

As for Stroud he's making me root for a Texas team. If you get a chance read his back story. He's one of the few people that when he goes all "Jesus" it doesn't bother me. If that's what has gotten him to this point in his life so be it.

I first saw him I think last week. It seems all the professional comms picked Cleveland because a rookie coach and rookie QB would lose their nerve. As it turned out the defense protected him by roving and romping all over the field sacking and picking off Flacco at will while Stroud was chillin' on the bench. IF Cleveland had made better use of Amari Cooper...but they didn't.